Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best mmo right now for group play?

darnapkindarnapkin Member UncommonPosts: 146
Miss the days of having to have people to do quests and things like that. Any good group mmos that you would suggest? 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    FF14 is very strong for that

LOTRO legendary server starts Thur 11/8

those are 2 best options IMO
    KyleranConstantineMerus
  • darnapkindarnapkin Member UncommonPosts: 146
    ohh, awesome, where can i find info on the legendary server? sounds fun
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited November 2018
  • darnapkindarnapkin Member UncommonPosts: 146
    thank you, this looks very fun. I'm excited!  Time to download
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    darnapkin said:
    thank you, this looks very fun. I'm excited!  Time to download
    Been a long time since we saw someone having fun on these forums, best of luck, let us know how your journey goes.

:)
    darnapkinAllerleirauhAmatheTruvidien88sschrupp

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Yeah, should be fun, if only LOTRO had black desert graphics. 
    Phry
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    If you're into pick-up groups with a group-finder, nearly all content in Elsword assumes a group, and you can get a group for whatever you want in a minute or so.
    Kyleran
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    it'd still require to buy all DLC'S and quest packs, right? if so I'll pass, I absolutely hate this monetization. Why not just do it like WoW, just pay for newest, pay a sub, enjoy all content
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Purely group focused to do almost every aspect of the game? None of those anymore. But almost every game has a group finder now a days so take your pick if you're just wanting to spam instances with people.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Vanilla World of Warcraft emulators - They run great, and healthy populations, don't let anyone tell you different, been playing them on and off for over 5 years. 

Everything else sold their sole to "child like easy" and cash shop gambling, even the classics !  

It's not cheating when Mainstream Triple A is screwing the people.
    SirAgravainemmolou
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Vanilla World of Warcraft emulators - They run great, and healthy populations, don't let anyone tell you different, been playing them on and off for over 5 years. 

Everything else sold their sole to "child like easy" and cash shop gambling, even the classics !  

Cheating? what you are suggesting is illegal, its a line many aren't keen to cross. :/
    mmolouSirAgravaineCaffynatedKyleran
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Phry said:

Cheating? what you are suggesting is illegal, its a line many aren't keen to cross. :/
    You can play legal with the 5 year old's, the OP is asking for a game that can be played with groups. 

Don't forget to pay for the "Boom ability" that can take out the entire zone in one shot.
     $15.00 in the cash shop !
    mmolouSirAgravaineCaffynated
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited November 2018
    kertin said:
    it'd still require to buy all DLC'S and quest packs, right? if so I'll pass, I absolutely hate this monetization. Why not just do it like WoW, just pay for newest, pay a sub, enjoy all content
    Initially its only the initial content so no. Going forward:

DLCs no - the server its sub based and all DLCs come with a sub.
    Expansions who knows. They may decide to include those as well. Afterall the Quad Pack (first 4 expansions) was on sale last year for hardly anything - my memory says $2.50 - so its certainly something they might do.  

That decision is many months away though.
    mmolou
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    gervaise1 said:
    DLCs no - the server its sub based and all DLCs come with a sub.
    Expansions who knows. They may decide to include those as well. Afterall the Quad Pack (first 4 expansions) was on sale last year for hardly anything - my memory says $2.50 - so its certainly something they might do. 
    Yep, the server needs a sub, and sub has all besides the expansions.

However that $2.50 would be an overkill :wink:  it was $10 at its bottom, with the expansions themselves on $2.50 (and Mirkwood was even $1.50 once for a short time).
    I agree it's definitely possible they will have a sale at the time the server will go further in the content.
    I don't think they will include it into the sub, since the new server won't be separate and content is account-wide, if they give it for the sub, it will be unlocked on all servers as well. They don't mind putting a sale on it from time to time, but giving it away for good, just by a one-time sub, is very unlikely.
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Scorchien said:
    FF14 is very strong for that

LOTRO legendary server starts Thur 11/8

those are 2 best options IMO
    FF14 is actually awful for that.  Most Quest content is solo and the dungeons are short and people just rush through them.  I actually think WoW with its Mythic+ content and BGs/RBGs/Arena is much stronger for this than FF14, honestly,.

Not really a great game to play for group play, unless you raid.  More for RPers, IMHO.

LoTRO hasn't aged well :-P  Mind as well just go play EverQuest, frankly...  Or EverQuest II.

IMO, the biggest issue with group-based MMORPGs is that they tend to drive fickle players away the fastest, because people just love being able to log in and not waste ANY of their time LFG.  Many people are already working with limited playtimes.  Wasting a day looking for a group for a dungeon you need, and not getting it done... that does not bode well for the game.

Remember when Gates of Discord launched for EQ, and we would spend days looking for groups for Tipt and Vxed (completely overturned and too difficult for an "average group" until they nerfed the difficulty)...

... yea, people don't do that anymore :-P