Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Realms Beyond Kickstarer

ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
edited October 2018 in PC Gaming
 Ive mentioned this one in a few threads here in the past months and its finally getting off the ground in earnest .. Realms Beyond kickstarter has kicked off, Ive been closely following this one for 10 months now , And this project really harkens back to old school RPG goodness, Really looking forward to testing and watching the progression .. Based on 3.5SRD rule set, any D&D fan will fell right at home .. Check it out here....

The first 30 seconds of this video is a rush of great memories ...:)

blamo2000[Deleted User]Amathe

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Thanks for sharing!
    craftseekerbartoni33

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Grabbed a copy
    Scorchienbartoni33

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    a shameless bump for folks
  • YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 677
    It looks great and it's very nice to see a new game using older edition rulesets! PoE, Pathfinder, Tyranny and Realms Beyond have ushered a new era of RPG games. It would be so awesome to see a very similar new MMORPG.
    Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

a 3rd of the way there , thats a good start .. Heres another vid showing a bit more combat ..

bartoni33
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Grabbed a copy
    Cmon, you went for Bandit Leader, right?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Whatever the Early Bird was.   I can always change my mind over the next few weeks once I look further into it

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

nice read on interactive objects in the game World...

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Almost there and one week to go.  I really hope this gets funded.  They are leaving out a lot I want, and changing a lot I would rather they didn't, but this looks like it could be a real gem.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I wonder what the break even number is for sold copies for a real ROI. These games are not big sellers. POE 2 Deadfire only sold somewhere around 110k copies and it has a name. I wish them well though. 
    The few fans remaining today for these kinds of games are dwindling :/   
    Pathfinder sold a ton, all while having the buggiest release I have ever seen.

DOS 1 and 2 are TB, like this game, and also sold a ton.  I bought and enjoyed PoE 1 and 2, but I don't see them as being in the same category of games as this game.  

For Crpgs in general, there are big success stories and big flops.  Most of them seem to have had a decent ROI.  For Obsidian you have two successes and one flop, but Tim Caine hasn't released info on his game for them yet either.

InXile is a mixed bag, hopefully WL3 will do well.  I really enjoyed all three games they have come out with, but only one seems to have done well out of the three so far.

Pathfinder gives me hope in that it was mechanically meaty, even if in my opinion the combat was sophomoric, it was still a great game.  And if the buggiest game ever released can be a success due to the strength of it's meaty systems and mechanics, I think there is a lot more hope.  Encased was funded, this looks like its going to be funded too.  Maybe Seven Dragon Saga should try again now that the modern audience is finding its footing and taste.

Almost there with 5 days left cmon my fellow TT geeks , this one looks really promising :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well on the numbers question and idk if things have changed the last 10 years but likely,anyhow it was typical that a publisher took 25%+ for a bare bones publish and then +++ for more.
    So if using that example of 110k sales,you can dwindle that down to around 70k and maybe less.

However the size of team..overhead to make these is far smaller than a quality rpg.The engines also look more like the rpg maker engines,so yeah there is a small budget making these.
    Could i muster a number,,pretty tough but on a whim 1 year serious full team production of maybe 20 people.So around 1-2 million cost?They sold these games way over priced,they were imo 15 dollar games but old like 60 bucks or something.60x110k is a LOT of money,around 6... million for a 1-2 million effort,maybe less.So they could profit 3-4 million QUICKLY and then EASILY use that to make an even cheaper expansion of maybe a team of 15 and maybe slightly less than a year.

Maybe not Blizzard rich,but a nice tidy sum,however if they had investors,they might be eating KD more often than not.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    Well on the numbers question and idk if things have changed the last 10 years but likely,anyhow it was typical that a publisher took 25%+ for a bare bones publish and then +++ for more.
    So if using that example of 110k sales,you can dwindle that down to around 70k and maybe less.

However the size of team..overhead to make these is far smaller than a quality rpg.The engines also look more like the rpg maker engines,so yeah there is a small budget making these.
    Could i muster a number,,pretty tough but on a whim 1 year serious full team production of maybe 20 people.So around 1-2 million cost?They sold these games way over priced,they were imo 15 dollar games but old like 60 bucks or something.60x110k is a LOT of money,around 6... million for a 1-2 million effort,maybe less.So they could profit 3-4 million QUICKLY and then EASILY use that to make an even cheaper expansion of maybe a team of 15 and maybe slightly less than a year.

Maybe not Blizzard rich,but a nice tidy sum,however if they had investors,they might be eating KD more often than not.
    your shtick is boring and tiresome in every single thread..
    Slapshot1188
    edited November 2018
    Awesome funded with 3 days to go...  I really think Realms Beyond is going to deliver a great experience ..
    bartoni33
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Scorchien said:
    Awesome funded with 3 days to go...  I really think Realms Beyond is going to deliver a great experience ..
    I got in at the 20 dollar/pound/euro/shilling/pence whatever it is level.

I'm really liking the retro-rpg boom lately.
    Scorchien[Deleted User]

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Torval said:
    Scorchien said:
    I saw your plea. You're welcome. :mrgreen:

Not sure if it will be for me (3.5ed style rules sets are about my least favorite), but I do like people working on this style of RPG. I think the future of these games is with bigger publishers though. They don't seem to be big on the return for the cost and effort to produce them.

I think that's why inXile and Obsidian got snapped up by Microsoft before reality could do the same.
    Appreciate that Torval , thx man , i really enjoy helping Indies i believe in and at every oppurtunity , so many Gems the past few years are from Indies , I just did a Wolcen giveaway ,as they are another Indie i think will deliver to us ..

I have a couple others in mind im going to do game giveaways to help promote them here , for this comunity leading up to the Holiday ...
    [Deleted User]
    edited November 2018
    Okay, so what level should I pledge at?  I don't usually do boxed copies anymore, but I'm tempted for this one.
    whatevr you are comfortable with Sedryn ..But if you want to participate in testing its 35$
    [Deleted User]
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Done. And with early access.
    [Deleted User]Scorchien
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited November 2018
    Scorchien said:
    Okay, so what level should I pledge at?  I don't usually do boxed copies anymore, but I'm tempted for this one.
    whatevr you are comfortable with Sedryn ..But if you want to participate in testing its 35$
    I went for the Box.  I'm such a sucker these old school RPGs! :)
    Its a great looking Box..