Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76 Devs Address B.E.T.A. Feedback with Update Plans Detailed - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageFallout 76 Devs Address B.E.T.A. Feedback with Update Plans Detailed - MMORPG.com

The Fallout 76 Reddit has been updated with a post to thank B.E.T.A. players for their feedback and to provide a look at things that will be "addressed on or close to launch" and what is tabled until after the November 14th release date. Most notably, ultra-wide support will be available post-launch, an increased stash will be added in the future, exploits will be closed in a future update and more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    I have always been a big Bethesda proponent. But theyre falling into a lot of their bad habits here. Because they have always had their sub par games becomes smash hits because other people (namely modders) have improved them so much.

But it seems like they have never learned. So I would hope most people parrot what these guys are saying and come back to them with 'we will buy it in the near future when these issues are fixed'. But most people wont. They will piss and moan and buy it anyway. Then they will go on forums and rage about how broken it is.

Bethesda nor anyone else will care because the issues they are complaining about have been well documented and disseminated all over the place long before you had to shell out money. SO the shoddy releases will just continue because they will post how many millions of dollars they made in the first 24 and 72 hours and how many units they sold. And all the broken shit will be an after thought.

Its like watching the streamers who do nothing but complain complain complain, but when asked if theyre going to buy it or play it they all 100% say yes theyre going to pour as much time into it as they can. And tune in on Nov 14 or whatever day it releases and watch them....

Makes sense
    d_20kitarad
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited November 2018
    I'm going to wait on this one and see how launch goes. I don't have high hopes all the stuff that needs to be fixed will be fixed. If it goes on some kind of crazy sale, I might pick it up, but $60 or more for a $20 Steam early-access quality game, no way.

And the way that B.E.T.A. was so extremely limited doesn't sit well with me since they used beta access as a selling point for pre-orders. 
    JeffSpicoli

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    I don’t mind the limited part so much as the fact that they aren’t wiping it.
    Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited November 2018
    Some things 76 devs say sound like something a role player who never used the internet would say.
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited November 2018
    The Devs clearly are dismissing concerns about the current exploits and for some odd reason denying there is anything competitive about this game?

They have to know better so only thing I can come up with is they are pressing forward knowing they will make a boatload of money during the upcoming holiday shopping season which is all that matters to them .

Its gamer's own fault as they have rewarded Betheda's bad behavior in the past and this time around even I'm guilty 

I'm going to look into seeing if Amazon will permit me to cancel my preorders for both game and guide.

It's not much,  but it is the only statement I can make at this time. I cannot, will not reward them for delivering shit to the market.

:# 

I'll buy it on sale next year when / if they resolve some of the more serious issues. 

d_20[Deleted User]TacticalZombehRobsolf

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Everything iv seen and read thus far is telling me to avoid this game like the plague, Its just so dam hard to pass on a fallout game......
    d_20XarkoanemonealadamRobsolf
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• 6stack_Chris6stack_Chris Member UncommonPosts: 118
    That lack of Ultra wide support is very strange. I get a lot of people still run 16:9 but some of us have also been using 21:9 for a couple years already. That decision will end up halting my purchase until it is in game :|
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited November 2018
    That lack of Ultra wide support is very strange. I get a lot of people still run 16:9 but some of us have also been using 21:9 for a couple years already. That decision will end up halting my purchase until it is in game :|
    NO Buy from me until its added
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    The forced voice chat is a definite no buy from me until it's optional. All the other reasons too but that is a deal breaker for me.

I don't want to be running through the wasteland and suddenly Angry Joe rocks up commenting on his live stream or some idiot playing metal out loud. Ouch, my immersion..
    ShadowStyleB
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    thunderC said:
    Everything iv seen and read thus far is telling me to avoid this game like the plague, Its just so dam hard to pass on a fallout game......
    I know. I totally caved. But finally today I just decided to get my refund from Bethesda Softworks. I'm not supporting this. @Kyleran I believe you can get a refund from amazon. 
    JeffSpicoliKyleranShadowStyleB

• AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247

The forced voice chat is a definite no buy from me until it's optional. All the other reasons too but that is a deal breaker for me.

I don't want to be running through the wasteland and suddenly Angry Joe rocks up commenting on his live stream or some idiot playing metal out loud. Ouch, my immersion..

Voice chat is not 'forced', but it is either all on, or all off. So either you hear it all or you hear none of it. Also, there are different modes for you to be in where you only talk to your team, but those had problems working properly during beta.

I had a good time in beta, sure I wish the times were longer, but it gave me a chance to see if I would enjoy it. The only thing that was really bugging me out was that random gunshot bug, kinda hard to be all sneaking up on people if you hear gunshots constantly.
    Red_ThomasTheDarkrayne
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    The game feels like the culmination of Bethesdas " good enough " attitude toward their games. Everything feels half done..This time modders won't be able to assist them in fixing things.

I dunno.. maybe it is that 2 decade old engine they keep using.. no matter what they rename it is still NetImmerse from the 90s.
  • Red_ThomasRed_Thomas Member RarePosts: 666

btw, you can turn that off.  It's not forced so much as there's no PTT option (which I agree is very bad).
    bartoni33
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

btw, you can turn that off.  It's not forced so much as there's no PTT option (which I agree is very bad).
    I could live with that, it would be always off as I avoid voice chat like the plague.
    bartoni33

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    These changes sound fine to me.  But I'm playing on console so... I didn't really notice that many issues in the first place. Stash increase is helpful. Lowering the gunshot noises would be great.  I mean at times, I'd here shots ring out from a player and look around and not see anyone, but they continue to go to town despite them being nowhere in sight. 
    Kyleran

• nealadamnealadam Member CommonPosts: 4

thunderC said:

That's exactly what i felt and i couldn't hold myself. I bought the game and ended up refunding it after two days of playing the beta.
    This is not fallout.
    Listen to your gut and avoid it.
    Kyleran
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Kyleran said:
    The Devs clearly are dismissing concerns about the current exploits and for some odd reason denying there is anything competitive about this game?

They have to know better so only thing I can come up with is they are pressing forward knowing they will make a boatload of money during the upcoming holiday shopping season which is all that matters to them .

Its gamer's own fault as they have rewarded Betheda's bad behavior in the past and this time around even I'm guilty 

I'm going to look into seeing if Amazon will permit me to cancel my preorders for both game and guide.

It's not much,  but it is the only statement I can make at this time. I cannot, will not reward them for delivering shit to the market.

:# 

I'll buy it on sale next year when / if they resolve some of the more serious issues. 

You hater.  All you want to do is destroy this game. How dare you expect a playable and completed game!  This is B.E.T.A. !!!!

TacticalZombeh

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The few reviews i've seen so far say the game gets boring really quickly. And it just doesn't work as a Fallout game. Some even say its just Fallout 4 online with no npc's. I think i will just stick to the single player Fallout games.
  • ScarranScarran Member UncommonPosts: 102
    edited November 2018
    This game needs alot of work and I cannot see it getting resolved before launch. So if I was Bethesda I would delay its release so they have enough time to deal with the major issue's and negative player feedback. Otherwise this game is dead in the water before it even gets going.
    Post edited by Scarran on
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    To me it reaffirms that this was NOT a real Beta test,the show will go on Nov 14 right on schedule.
    IDK who forces these out unpolished,perhaps investors/partners idk but it has been quite obvious that 99% of devs just push their games out in ANY condition and not care about feedback at all.
    Scarran

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Alpius said:

Voice chat is not 'forced', but it is either all on, or all off. So either you hear it all or you hear none of it. Also, there are different modes for you to be in where you only talk to your team, but those had problems working properly during beta.

I had a good time in beta, sure I wish the times were longer, but it gave me a chance to see if I would enjoy it. The only thing that was really bugging me out was that random gunshot bug, kinda hard to be all sneaking up on people if you hear gunshots constantly.
    Oh ok, that changes things. Thanks!

People talk like you can't turn it off. Communication issues...
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RenantonRenanton Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Can I haz yallz stuffs?