Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey Guess What? After 5 Years in Alpha, DayZ is Finally in Beta Testing on PC - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageHey Guess What? After 5 Years in Alpha, DayZ is Finally in Beta Testing on PC - MMORPG.com

Five years after starting the DayZ alpha phase, the game has finally entered its beta phase of development. Bohemia Interactive made the announcement via a new developer v-log that mentions what the team will be working on over the coming months. Most notably, Bohemia is focused on released 1.0 by the end of 2018.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Wasn't this a Daybreak/SOE game? I seriously forgot stuff was still happening with it.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159
    edited November 2018

Wasn't this a Daybreak/SOE game? I seriously forgot stuff was still happening with it.

No it was a Arma mod turn into standalone game.
    ScotKwestorek1
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    The beginning of a long line of half baked survival games locked in a nearly never ending early access phase.

5 yrs later, who really cares any more?
    XingbairongAlomar[Deleted User]BeezerbeezNildenScotgastovski1mikeb0817GinazTacticalZombehand 3 others.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• momintimmomintim Member UncommonPosts: 108

Kyleran said:

The beginning of a long line of half baked survival games locked in a nearly never ending early access phase.

with this i would have to agree
    slim552
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

Kyleran said:

Remember the good old days when games were announced then they would do few months of beta tests and release...
    Now kickstarers, early pre-alpha, alpha, early beta, beta, soft launch and finally after few years of testing we get a launch that is either filled with bugs and it's a disgrace or a bad game that shut downs couple months later.
    [Deleted User]KyleranScotgastovski1Gdemamislim552
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

No it was a Arma mod turn into standalone game.
    That's terrible that I can't even remember. That was H1Z1 right? Damn. It's been a long time. =(
    boris20
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    "For now, the price of entry remains the same: $35 during BETA, though it remains unclear if that price point will remain after the release of 1.0."

Does that mean "buy it now before the price is raised" ? lol. I remember when this game was first sold on steam- it was $29.99 til a major steam sale and the price was raised to $34.99 and it got a 10% discount putting it at $29.99 for the sale. And I dont think I have ever seen it get lower. Do people really buy this?
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    SMH... Now they can re advertise and milk beta for a few years. After that they can advertise the games launch and get some more sales. In the mean time, little changes are made, the game continues to be a clunky mess.
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    edited November 2018
    5 years of Alpha? Holy smokes! Guess that's a norm nowadays... Hell, Star Citizen will probably be in Alpha for at least 10 years!
    jmlane223
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    third owner now?

yea, we suuuurely buy this... again... NOW everything will change! whooo to the fucking hoooo..
    bitch, i am gone.
    mikeb0817

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992

Kyleran said:

Remember the good old days when games were announced then they would do few months of beta tests and release...

Now kickstarers, early pre-alpha, alpha, early beta, beta, soft launch and finally after few years of testing we get a launch that is either filled with bugs and it's a disgrace or a bad game that shut downs couple months later.

This is become the face of online gaming not just MMO's. Players have lost trust, this must be impacting everything from pre-order to founders Kickstarter. As we get more huge delays, shoddy products and closures this effect will get worse. People won't think of all the good releases, the bad ones will weigh disproportionally on their minds.
    Gdemami
  • paul43paul43 Member UncommonPosts: 198
    What's most impressive is that they still have a dev team and is still running. You would think paying salaries would be a problem by now. But apparently not. I'll give it a shot again.
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    WOW and I thought ARK Survival Evolved was bad!