Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Stream Raises $65k for Charity & 2 New PvP Maps Previewed - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2 Stream Raises $65k for Charity & 2 New PvP Maps Previewed - MMORPG.com

ArenaNet has sent word that it's 24-hour long Extra Life stream saw players donate over $40,000 with the company providing another $25,000 in matching funds. To celebrate, ANet released "an original jug band music video for the popular Guild Wars 2 anthem "Fear Not This Night".

Read the full story here

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    yawn.
    Radoodoomex
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,178
    That's really great for them.  I'll have to check out those new PvP maps. 
    SBFordRain_Deathraven

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Hmmmm. A for effort, F for execution.
    maskedweasel

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    The Greatest Jug Band of All time !

Emmet Otters Jug Band Christmas......BBQ
    maskedweasel[Deleted User]wingoodUngoodceh430
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Added the Twitch Stream for you @maskedweasel
    maskedweasel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well i do give them props for matching the funds because it is TOO easy to just use the money gamer's forked over and take all the credit,so in this case ,they did a good job.
    Scot

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    They raised money for charity even my snooty attitude about GW2 is shelved. :D
    maskedweasel
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It's always great to see Devs actually playing the games they work on. :)

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    edited November 2018
    Glad to see this.. Umm anyone have any clue what Charity that gave the money to?

Added: Never mind.. Extra Life supports Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

Great cause.. really heart warning to tell the truth.
    maskedweaselSilvantor
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

exile01 said:

yawn.

Did you just say "yawn" to raising money for charity? For children's hospitals?

Am I allowed to call this person an asshole? I mean, they're the quentessential asshole running around the internet, thinking their opinion matters, that they must spew their vile hatred of the world throughout in order to....hell, I don't know. All I know is that...it's rude. Downright rude.
    exile01Rain_Deathraven

• SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Well, just my 2 cent, "yawn" can be directly toward this article or the event it self or other things. We don't know what that "yawn" for, maybe its all for post count >_>', who knows.

On a side note; the Charity is all good and everything, but if they don't carry that money to the place itself, its hard press to know where it really went to. I see COMPANIES does this crap all the time. Does the money ever shows up is the question. I honestly don't believe what "the company donate to" unless, of course, they bring it there in person.

Personally, I get the feeling most Charity Org. are a scam, but, what do I know. Lets hope it get where its need it.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    edited November 2018

Siphaed said:

exile01 said:

yawn.

Am I allowed to call this person an asshole? I mean, they're the quentessential asshole running around the internet, thinking their opinion matters, that they must spew their vile hatred of the world throughout in order to....hell, I don't know. All I know is that...it's rude. Downright rude.

it was for the 2 new lousy pvp maps and certainly NOT for the children. I also dont support such charitys for one reason: The guys behind the scenes have a hefty loan- they dont work for free and not for children. Even if those 65k were just for the hospital kids- somone at the hospital will take some of that cash. You can bet your ass on that.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    exile01 said:

Siphaed said:

exile01 said:

yawn.

it was for the 2 new lousy pvp maps and certainly NOT for the children. I also dont support such charitys for one reason: The guys behind the scenes have a hefty loan- they dont work for free and not for children. Even if those 65k were just for the hospital kids- somone at the hospital will take some of that cash. You can bet your ass on that.
    Yes..Obviously someone at the hospital will take that money as they preform helpful and needed tasks for these children.. it's called a paycheck.

I am now wondering how you have been able to survive this long without figuring out people want to get paid for their work, even if it is a "good cause"
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.