Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bill Murphy - Fallout 76 May Be the Sandbox MMO We've Been Waiting For - MMORPG.com

Comments

• sopukusopuku Member UncommonPosts: 55
    jeasus why people are such haters... what happened to the world? why the f companys who make games should make what you want? they have an idea and they do it.. if they will start to listen what players want so they will have to create like 5 million different games because people dont want the same stuff.. jeasus just start using your stupid heads, stop being so egocentrics.. jeasus people suck in 21 century..
    PhaserlightViper482TheScavengerGdemamiExistentialistkotu107
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    edited November 2018

Avarix said:

I'm surprised by how many articles I see with so many positives about this game. I'm not usually overly harsh on my critique of games but this game looks awful. So much so that it should be a major blow to Bethesda's reputation.

Watching or looking at videos is one thing, actually playing it is another.

The game is fun as hell. It is the fallout that we love tacked on with multiplayer and a much larger world. If you liked the previous Fallout titles, you will like this as well. It's a shame none of my friends tried it this weekend when I gave them free keys. They would have enjoyed it.
    sschruppApollosWill
  • ShinobeShinobe Member UncommonPosts: 91

DMKano said:

Sandbox MMO?

Lol no.

It's a Fallout 4 multiplayer mod with a new larger map and some new world bosses. Sure it can be fun, but a sanbox MMO, for me - not even close.

Propably the first time i can fully agree ;)
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    sopuku said:
    jeasus why people are such haters... what happened to the world? why the f companys who make games should make what you want? they have an idea and they do it.. if they will start to listen what players want so they will have to create like 5 million different games because people dont want the same stuff.. jeasus just start using your stupid heads, stop being so egocentrics.. jeasus people suck in 21 century..
    If somebody makes a Ferrari and tries to sell it as an airplane, it isn't "hating" to point out that it's a car, not a plane.

Carry on.
    BluelinerPhryTuor7d_20TacticalZombehYashaXuriel_mafess[Deleted User]hammarusMaheo

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    You all got trolled.
    PhaserlightTheScavengerd_20TacticalZombehYashaXuriel_mafess
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    jj7009 said:
    You see I take the toaster analogy to the next level. Full optimization would be like sliding a piece of bread cleanly into the toaster. The level of optimization this game has is like trying to shove a whole loaf pumpernickel bread into one.
    I don’t know why but that made me laugh, thanks for that!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    What in the fuck. Why are you calling this an MMO when the developers themselves don't?

So tell me this... what multiplayer game ISN'T an MMO? Huh Bill? Which games aren't? If a 24 player game is now Massively-Multiplayer, then what ISN'T?!
    TheScavengerYashaX[Deleted User]
  • PoliticaldadPoliticaldad Member UncommonPosts: 134
    there are two more beta's prior to launch
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    so now we are calling 24 players an MMO? 
    TheScavengersneakerz007
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I'm a great Fallout fan, but I'll give this one a miss, lol

Hopefully, there'll be a Fallout 5 that sticks to the "old" single-player formula...

If not, then I guess it's time to say: "So long, and thanks for all the fish !" :wink:
    Maheo
  • jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Someone is getting paid for articles...
    [Deleted User]moraelin[Deleted User]Gdemami[Deleted User]sneakerz007IsilithTehroth
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    1.) My title probably made you all miss the point of the actual article - try this game if and when a trial comes. If you get a free BETA key, at least try it. 

2.) I wish I did get paid for articles like this by the devs. I do get paid by Ben and Craig, but at part time wages. So yeah?
    jmlane223TheScavengerJeffSpicolimaskedweaselPhaserlight

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    1.) My title probably made you all miss the point of the actual article - try this game if and when a trial comes. If you get a free BETA key, at least try it. 

2.) I wish I did get paid for articles like this by the devs. I do get paid by Ben and Craig, but at part time wages. So yeah?
    1) Preordered but won't play the beta. Probably would skip the first couple of weeks. I know I'm gonna have a decent amount of fun.

2) Ben and Craig are part of the illuminati, aren't they? Should ask for a raise mate, they own all the banks. 
    PhryXarko
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Oh btw, this game is VERY client side reliant. So hackers are going to have a field day
    anemoCelciushammarus
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

sopuku said:

I agree, you certainly are a person and you do suck.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    I have been playing the BETA on PC since day one. I have to say that the game plays almost exactly like Fallout 4. Is that a bad thing? NO. Yes, there are some changes to make it more user friendly to a multiplayer game such as the VATS changes and the RNG cards for perks. But even with those changes, the game is fun and works just as well as Fallout 4. I will also say this, West Virginia as the wasteland looks amazing.
    maskedweaselsschrupp

Let's party like it is 1863!

• DEXA88DEXA88 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    This msg have been brought to Bethesda :)

Bethesda its still unfinished but that dosen't mean we cant sell it to you :)
    alkarionlog
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    DEXA88 said:
    This msg have been brought to Bethesda :)

Bethesda its still unfinished but that dosen't mean we cant sell it to you :)
    well if we think about it, when they did finished something?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Bad bill, Bad! 

alkarionlogmaskedweaselPhaserlightTacticalZombehXarkodarkhalf357xsneakerz007
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    It looks pretty fun, I may pick it up. Haven't played any of the other fallout games despite having New Vegas in my Steam library.
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    If its 3 times as good as the beta.. it will still be shit :(
    maskedweaselPhaserlightAeanderXarko
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    People sure are angry over semantics. 

Fallout 76 is really fun. I'm having a great time exploring the wasteland with friends, and while it has a lot of similarities to Fallout 4, there are some key differences that really change a lot of the fundamental ways I would play Fallout 4.  The group events are a lot of fun, the enemies are a lot tougher, and there are areas where you really should have more than 1 person with you.

It's the perfect game to play with friends. One thing I really like that people seem to miss is how so many online games and MMOs level scale, but that isn't the case here, which makes your power growth really apparent, but it also doesn't mean you can just shrug off lower level enemies either. 

Can't wait for release. I'm super excited about it. 
    [Deleted User]sschruppSovrathGruug

• asnowasnow Member UncommonPosts: 43
    thanks for this great article ! i now i should pass on this ;)
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    One thing I learned loooong ago is if you want to read posts of people that claim to like games but actually hate just about every freaking game that comes out... well go anywhere on the internet, but especially around here.

"Survival", "Sandbox", "MMO", "blah-ditty-blahblah"... I don't care about any of those words. What I care about is if I play a game, no matter how it's marketed, did I have fun? Well my wife and I had a great time playing Fallout 76 this weekend. We had fun exploring a great world, finding all sorts of loot, reading a ton of cool lore hidden all over the place, getting freaked out slowly going through dark passageways with things jumping out at us to kill us, following some more guided content from quests, joining other people to try and take out various challenges, building ourselves a cool little house, and crafting up some cool armor and weapons.

There was so much to do and we can't wait to play some more. So if you're not a jaded gamer who hates all games if somebody gives it a label you don't agree with, you might just have some fun giving it a shot too!
    uriel_mafessmaskedweaseld_20
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Funny this site,AS USUAL is hyping another game and in this game a game that is or has been predominantly COMPLAINED about by the actual players.

I happened to be in Cohn's stream last night,he was going on about the amount of talk the pvp part of the game needs a lot of work.He was talking about the reddit forum that is full of complaints and in general mentioning the Bethesda team so far is NOT listening.

None the less each individual is allowed their opinion and doers not have to equal the majority.

As to mention here on the subject of exploration,,haha,there is literally a generated land mass with the typical fauna/trees there really is not some amazing exploration here.

I know Cohn is paid and given these free copies of games,that is why he never sticks around  very long,just enough to fulfill his contract.Even still he was being very careful to not outright say Fallout 76 is NOT good as of right now but wants to give Bethesda a chance to fix the game.

The other important factor that Cohn mentioned,one i always agree with and that is if the release so SOON after the BETA is the exact same game,what was the Beta then in reality?Well obviously announcing a definitive release date means the BETA is completely a waste of time,all it serves is a means to attract early buy ins.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.