Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Awakened Legacy Arrives with Its Renewed Experience - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    edited October 2018
    Couldn't get the game to load kept getting an xgen whatever error. Even trying most file fixes it still would not load. Aion support telling people to disable certain things in your anti virus protection....yeah ok, hard pass for me.

Probably for the best anyway. Did not care for the game the day it came out and flooded the air waves with the latest WoW killer, wont care for it today.
    yep same problem, idiot company.
    Post edited by gastovski1 on
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 913
    So is aion still crap or what ?
    hamlathis

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    They removed a ton of dungeons. There is really not much PvE left in the game, now!

They merged a lot of skills. Adjusted levels for some.

They moved buff scrolls to the cash shop. You have to buy them from the store now, and they last like 10 minutes (max). The game feels absolutely awful to play without them, and they change your character appearance (in an MMORPG where people may spend an hour in character creation fine-tuning their appearance, this is an AWFUL developer decision).

- You have to buy the item that blocks the appearance change from the store.
    - If you aren't buying the transformations, you are going to have a tough time in PvP against characters that cast, attack, and run substantially faster than you; in addition to having higher defenses. Even PvP feels awful without them.

They made leveling far easier. Can probably do 1-80 in a day, now (similar to the 1-85 revamp in Lineage II GoD).

It's fairly Pay to Win. The engine is still very badly optimized. Doesn't look that great in 2018. They basically have 2 in-game shops, lol.

They heavily nerfed the rate at which you can farm in-game currency (particularly in Europe, I think), similar to how useless farming adena from MOBs is in Lineage II, now. This probably has something to do with their inability to manage botters/farmers, as well as getting people to subscribe to the Prestige package (which gives you currency every day, like 1M I think someone told me) and buy things from the in-game cash shop).
    hamlathis
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Darksworm said:
    They removed a ton of dungeons. There is really not much PvE left in the game, now!

They merged a lot of skills. Adjusted levels for some.

They moved buff scrolls to the cash shop. You have to buy them from the store now, and they last like 10 minutes (max). The game feels absolutely awful to play without them, and they change your character appearance (in an MMORPG where people may spend an hour in character creation fine-tuning their appearance, this is an AWFUL developer decision).

- You have to buy the item that blocks the appearance change from the store.
    - If you aren't buying the transformations, you are going to have a tough time in PvP against characters that cast, attack, and run substantially faster than you; in addition to having higher defenses. Even PvP feels awful without them.

They made leveling far easier. Can probably do 1-80 in a day, now (similar to the 1-85 revamp in Lineage II GoD).

It's fairly Pay to Win. The engine is still very badly optimized. Doesn't look that great in 2018. They basically have 2 in-game shops, lol.

They heavily nerfed the rate at which you can farm in-game currency (particularly in Europe, I think), similar to how useless farming adena from MOBs is in Lineage II, now. This probably has something to do with their inability to manage botters/farmers, as well as getting people to subscribe to the Prestige package (which gives you currency every day, like 1M I think someone told me) and buy things from the in-game cash shop).
    Wait what? You have to pay them to NOT change your character? Well that's a new tactic....