Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Red Dead Redemption 2, Game changer or Hype ?

13»

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Scot said:
    lahnmir said:
    Mensur said:
    Blueliner said:
    Mensur said:
    Blueliner said:
    I've been playing it a bit, it's pretty and the voice acting is ok. So far the story is well done, but for me it's just not "fun". I really want to like it, I do. but like GTA I just don't have any fun. oh well I tried.
    You are a developers nightmare. What in life do you enjoy? WOW BFA? 
    So, because I don't subscribe to group think I am a nightmare. gotcha, go back to your hive mind

I can explain the Hive mind. I am a big fan of TheHiveleader.... So that technically makes me a working bee- in a hive..a mind hive! someone from the hive please help- I cant write a reply. 
    I'll help you out. There is the group that has no problem with belonging to group think, then there is another group that doesn't like belonging to group think, but unfortunately for them there is a whole lot of them too making them 'just another' group instead of that special 'free thinker' that they think they are.

If you were absolute unique from everybody else in your taste, feeling, talking, experiencing etc. you would actually be incomprehensible to the rest of the world, there needs to be a frame of reference. There is a huge group of people distancing themselves from everything popular to come across as unique, a critical thinker if you like, a huge group doing exactly the same thing, there is sweet irony in that.

But this is just me rambling and this might not be the case with Blueliner at all, I just find it funny when people point at others blaming them for having a hive mind when they just belong to a different hive themselves, we all do in one way or another. Ahh well, never mind me, bzzzz.... bzzzz......bzzzzzz.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    We just had a lesson in group think from a sheep...well it made my morning. :)
    I am a BEE Scot, a beautiful, delicate BEE! Do sheep say bzzzzz bzzzzz Scot? DO THEY??!

.....Does your mocking of me know no bounds?....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Scot
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    lahnmir said:
    Scot said:
    lahnmir said:
    Mensur said:
    Blueliner said:
    Mensur said:
    Blueliner said:
    I've been playing it a bit, it's pretty and the voice acting is ok. So far the story is well done, but for me it's just not "fun". I really want to like it, I do. but like GTA I just don't have any fun. oh well I tried.
    So, because I don't subscribe to group think I am a nightmare. gotcha, go back to your hive mind

I can explain the Hive mind. I am a big fan of TheHiveleader.... So that technically makes me a working bee- in a hive..a mind hive! someone from the hive please help- I cant write a reply. 
    I'll help you out. There is the group that has no problem with belonging to group think, then there is another group that doesn't like belonging to group think, but unfortunately for them there is a whole lot of them too making them 'just another' group instead of that special 'free thinker' that they think they are.

If you were absolute unique from everybody else in your taste, feeling, talking, experiencing etc. you would actually be incomprehensible to the rest of the world, there needs to be a frame of reference. There is a huge group of people distancing themselves from everything popular to come across as unique, a critical thinker if you like, a huge group doing exactly the same thing, there is sweet irony in that.

But this is just me rambling and this might not be the case with Blueliner at all, I just find it funny when people point at others blaming them for having a hive mind when they just belong to a different hive themselves, we all do in one way or another. Ahh well, never mind me, bzzzz.... bzzzz......bzzzzzz.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    We just had a lesson in group think from a sheep...well it made my morning. :)
    I am a BEE Scot, a beautiful, delicate BEE! Do sheep say bzzzzz bzzzzz Scot? DO THEY??!

.....Does your mocking of me know no bounds?....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Baa!
  • BluelinerBlueliner Member UncommonPosts: 158
    edited October 2018
    lahnmir said:
    Mensur said:
    Blueliner said:
    Mensur said:
    Blueliner said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I'll help you out, generally us free thinkers, as you put it, can have their own opinions of in this case a game with out attacking everyone else that doesn't agree with them. Hive mind is this mentality that dissenters must be crushed. Like what happens to non bees if they try and enter a hive. hence hive mind.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I originally voted HYPE in my own poll but after playing and putting 15+ hours in I'd have to say Game changer as this has set the the new standard in Open world RPG's

What RDR2 has done is pretty amazing when you really start to understand all the systems at play. Its a world in which your character lives not a world  you are playing in. They have a created survival-lite elements to the game without burdening the player or making anything feel like a chore which is something i have never seen before, or at least done in the way they have. 

I could keep going on & on raving about the game, to me this one is pretty special, This is in my top 5 games of all time for sure
    ConstantineMerus
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    This may push other stellar games out of the way for my game of the year. Spidey and AC Odyssey are right there for now. RDR was an amazing experience and this looks to improve every single aspect of that one 100X 
    Like their games or not Rockstar rarely disappoints their fans. Even their table tennis game was far better than it had any right being. 

GTA V is the most successful game of all time. Rockstar knows what they are doing. 

It isn't the most successful game of all time at least based of game sales. That would be tetris followed by minecraft. GTA V is the third best selling/most successful game of all time behind those two, but when we talk about best selling games they are still down about 49 million vs minecraft and about 75 million vs tetris. While their box sales cost more their budget is also staggering comparatively as well.

So it's top three, but yes Rockstar do know what they are doing and despite some glitches/bugs I haven't been disappointed  in a single one of their games minus them not coming to PC all the time too. 
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    AlBQuirky said:
    After watching a few streamers play (not buying, myself), it shows it is a video game.

Doors always open away from the player. I don't know if this a problem with interaction distance, but go into a house, the door opens inward. Go back outside and the door open outward. I've gotten stuck between doors and walls enough in Skyrim to know this can cause problems.

Here is a clip of Strippin, aka Sam, getting mauled by a bear. He lives, but never goes to a doctor. This is the Wild West, not some fantastical magical healing world.

I've seen every streamer I've tuned into smash their horse into rocks and/or trees, fall off of cliffs, and generally abuse the hell out of them. The horse always returns when whistled for. I don't think I've seen a horse die yet. Dan, of DansGaming was asked, "What's your favorite part of the game?" He answers as he's riding hard and fast, "This!" and runs his horse into a rock.

RDR 2 has made great and awesome strides in getting little details into the experience, but there is still a lot of room to go :)

The "drunken bar" scene in Valentine with you and Lenny is awesome and I've laughed hard every time I watched it. Other scenes (not quite cut scenes, though heavily scripted) are cinematically gorgeous as you "ride with the gang" and conversation is taking place while the camera pans to different views, highlighting the artists hard work.

I'm just saying that the game has made many, many strides forward, but there is still a lot of room to grow :)
    People don't want that much realism. IE if you needed to go to a doctor or heal your horse etc it'd create a whole slew of issues in a game like this. If you want realism with this stuff go ride a horse or get into a gun fight yourself or get mauled by a bear and live yourself. Games set with to realistic standards wouldn't be fun.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    klash2def said:
    Open World Games that pushed the genre forward

2011 - Skyrim
    2013- Grand Theft Auto 5
    2015- The Witcher 3
    2018- Red Dead Redemption 2

All these games were hyped yes, but the hype was worth it in the case of these games.

Not all games that are hyped are overrated. Sometimes things are just good and everyone agrees.

Don't be so cynical. RDR2 is really good.. the hype measures up to the product. I'm about 20 hrs in and I can say that yes every bit of hype is deserved. Kudos to the dev team over at Rockstar, you can tell they put a lot of care into this game. 

I cannot wait for RDO. 

Also to the people saying it's not a "game changer", I would suggest playing it first then come to your own conclusion.  Its most definitely pushing the open world genre forward. There are so many little different game mechanics that make the whole thing. You cant judge it off somebody else's game-play. You have to experience it yourself. Seriously. 

Kinda weird how some people just hate to see other people enjoying things they don't enjoy or understand. 
    What specifically has RDR 2 pushed forward? Please don't say shrinking horse balls :)
    Scot

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Thane said:

thunderC said:

SWINGING BALLS PHYSICS CONFIRMED

Next gen fella's next gen.....

welcome to the world of marketing physics, <snip>
    Fixed!
    AlBQuirky
  • LowellsandersLowellsanders Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Umm 70% hype and 30% Game changer
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    In this day and age having a game this solid, with this many features, and this much attention to detail, with a solid launch > being a "game changer".

The game industry needs to learn how to walk again before it does anything super innovative.
    AlBQuirky
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited November 2018
    Torval said:
    It's a game changer simply by pushing open world development forward in a noticeable fashion. It doesn't have to completely redirect gaming. The Witcher 3 didn't completely reshape gaming, but it was a game change. It did influence the industry by moving the bar for open world narrative RPGs. Skyrim and GTA V did as well. RDR2 will as well as I expect CP2077 to.
    Where I think RDR2 is upping the genre is in interacting with the world and how it interacts with you. There is a sense of presence that I have yet to see in a game before. It is nuanced and sometimes small in actual effect but it lends an immersion that is unrivaled.  
    I agree, cant think of another game that if you stare at an npc they start to get annoyed, stare long enough and they are fighting you. Block their path and they are pulling out guns getting ready for a fight. :smiley:
    [Deleted User]AlBQuirky
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Asheram said:
    Torval said:
    It's a game changer simply by pushing open world development forward in a noticeable fashion. It doesn't have to completely redirect gaming. The Witcher 3 didn't completely reshape gaming, but it was a game change. It did influence the industry by moving the bar for open world narrative RPGs. Skyrim and GTA V did as well. RDR2 will as well as I expect CP2077 to.
    Where I think RDR2 is upping the genre is in interacting with the world and how it interacts with you. There is a sense of presence that I have yet to see in a game before. It is nuanced and sometimes small in actual effect but it lends an immersion that is unrivaled.  
    I agree, cant think of another game that if you stare at an npc they start to get annoyed, stare long enough and they are fighting you. Block their path and they are pulling out guns getting ready for a fight. :smiley:
    I was just reminded of Fallout 3. Look at anything locked and any nearby NPC says, "It's locked for a reason." This happened by simply moving your mouse over the object, as in turning around. Annoying when I didn't intend to lockpick anything.

This sounds like a step up ;)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR