Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In Case You Missed It: Destiny 2 is Free to Claim & Keep Via BattleNet Through Nov 18 - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    You don't need the SMS thing to claim it, just launched the blizzard app and it was there in the gift box and all i had to do was claim it, i don't have an sms whatsit, just having a regular keyfob authenticator is enough probably. :/
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,854
    I have SMS protection but you only get asked to use it if your on a different IP address or wipe cookies from your PC.  It's easy with Authy.

Plus you get access to Gambit for the weekend.

https://www.destinythegame.com/gambit

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,003
    thanks.. guess i'll give it a spin. it's an fps right? haven't played any of those in many many moons.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Thank you. I'd have missed it for sure. I've been waiting to play this game and now I can get it for free Yeehaah!!!

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 495

3dom said:

Thanks! "Claimed" to never play it - unless they'll introduce actually interesting version (i.e. third-person view).

3rd person view is so stupid for shooters... stick to warframe and gears of war etc... ugh I hate 3rd person. Why ruin the immersi9on just so you can stare at your shinies and cheat by looking around/over edges?
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 495

Make it 3rd person and I might consider it...

And again 3rd person in a shooter is for derpy kids.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,096

3dom said:

Thanks! "Claimed" to never play it - unless they'll introduce actually interesting version (i.e. third-person view).

Try playing with a sword equipped. Bang! 3rd person! It's what I did XD
    Octagon7711
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 990
    edited November 2018

Hate games with DLC... people expect to get the full experience when they get the free version, but it doesn't take long to realize that there isn't much to do since everything needs to be paid to unlock it.

Expansion packs have been a thing since the beginning of 3D MMORPGs, so your hatred for DLC is... laughable, if not bordering on retarded. You're saying this on MMORPG.com. Destiny is basically an MMORPG-FPS. The DLC is totally expected, and totally okay. Even Witcher 3 has DLC. If you're okay playing the base game forever, then buy it and don't get any of the DLC. It's not a hard decision to make. Everything in Life isn't free, and you're only entitled to what you got at the date of purchase.

xxBoneZxx said:

Grunty said:

108 GB?  Maybe I'll be able to play sometime in January.

Whoa! Seriously? I was kind of intrigued but if its that big a download fuck that noise.

That's likely the installed size. My download was only 80 GB. Same with my nephew. Only 80 GB.

It's only about 80GB, and it Battle.net tends to have very fast download speeds (will max out my 250Mbps connection).

TESO is a 100GB installation (and not much less of a download), so we've been used to these massive game downloads for a long time.

Destiny 2 is designed to be playable on high resolution screens and on HDR screens as well, on PC. Those high resolution textures are heavy. Unless you want the game to look awful, the download size is the price to pay for that (it does look beautiful... much better than console, IMHO - at least the OG PS4/XB1 consoles).

You know you downloaded it. And you're probably playing it right now. You people are just too much.
  • makina2010makina2010 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Dvora said:

And again 3rd person in a shooter is for derpy kids.

That's BS. It's all about options.
    The more options you have the more ppl you'll get.

SW Battlefront for example has both 3rd and 1st person view. You have the OPTION to chose between or to switch between whenever you like.

It's not a bad thing to offer ppl more options in order to cover a larger play style. And it's not like they cant do it since technically it's already in game ( while you using melee weapons ).

On topic now. I got the game now, it's quite fun and nice looking. I will probably keep playing it for a while, unless BF5 will hook me up.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member UncommonPosts: 1,474

Hate games with DLC... people expect to get the full experience when they get the free version, but it doesn't take long to realize that there isn't much to do since everything needs to be paid to unlock it.

Isn't that every mmo tho? If the game had a subscription service for $15.00 a month would you play it? Because that's technically more expensive. I mean, the annual pass is $35.00 a year, that ain't shit compared to what we've paid for subscriptions in mmos.

Now I'm no activision fan, but if you're going to take aim, at least aim for a weak-spot. Such as the really shitty campaign lengths. Mars and Mercury being hot garbage, maybe even the Eververse or games as a service as a whole, but then again that's every mmo.

Personally I feel that I have wasted money on the initial purchase, as PC didn't even get to enjoy the first raid, and the second raid was probably one the easiest in the franchises history, haven't played mars since mercury ruined the game for me, and the reviews weren't too hot for it either.

Also where does the filesize come from? My old filesize was 48gigs, how the fuck did it double? Did they do 4k textures?
    Chances are the DLC's will be for sale for $10 or less in several months time, probably the best time to buy them would be around the end of march/april 2019, the game isn't that great so waiting isn't really a problem  ;)
  • cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 6,408
    I don't think I can actually play this but anything free me grab with both hands.
  • PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    xxBoneZxx said:

Grunty said:

Not sure where you got 108 GB from. That's probably installed, but the actual download was 80 GB for me.

xxBoneZxx said:

Grunty said:

Whoa! Seriously? I was kind of intrigued but if its that big a download fuck that noise.

That's likely the installed size. My download was only 80 GB. Same with my nephew. Only 80 GB.

I jump on my account there it was a GIFT from Blizzard..Even though it is 80gb to download also.To other who cry about it..Thanks OP for the heads up!

'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth'

I retired retroactively..Haha

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,003
    so far it's been pretty fun and i don't really like shooters :P 
    gearing seems a bit confusing though. it keeps throwing new weapons and armor at me constantly =/

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Tried using battle.net app too.  It still requires sms protect and won't accept phone number.  Easy come easy go I guess.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 956
    Its pretty sad I can't even be bothered to get a "big deal" modern game for free.
    mystik13 said:
    Tried using battle.net app too.  It still requires sms protect and won't accept phone number.  Easy come easy go I guess.
    Sounds weird, i don't have sms protect and didn't have any problems claiming it. It could be a requirement for new accounts that require to have sms protect in order to prevent people spamming new accounts to claim copies of the game. :/