Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In Case You Missed It: Destiny 2 is Free to Claim & Keep Via BattleNet Through Nov 18 - MMORPG.com

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited November 2018
    Grunty said:
    ...snip...
    I just created a Blizzard account.  Was never asked for any form of authentication including SMS.It took me 3 times as long (and four posts) to find out how to add a picture than it did to create the account.

Sure you can create an account but you CANT claim the fee destiny gift until you set up sms.  I know as I just made a new account for my boy and while I was able to make the account I can't claim the gift:

FacelessSaviorbartoni33Octagon7711[Deleted User]

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    A friend mentioned this earlier, my response was "They'd have to pay me; no deal."
    velimiriusRueTheWhirlPhry
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • sarah116sarah116 Member CommonPosts: 4

Purchased game when it launched, but didnt buy both (osiris and another one) dlc releases before forsaken. Does this version got em?

No, it just the base game but if you buy the new forsaken dlc. You will get the previous dlc expansions for free.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    You know what? It's not a bad deal. Sure, you've got to get the latest expansion if you want to play it properly but you get a lot of game here for free and it let's you make an informed decision yourself.
    bartoni33RueTheWhirlPerjure
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Claimed!

Now if only i wanted to play it... but hey, it's free.
    HarikenRueTheWhirlLeiHngWei

• NoxiasNoxias Member UncommonPosts: 23

Grunty said:

Wizardry said:

Don't see anyone mentioning it but this is not entirely free.

W/o getting into the whole mobile thing an d how scummy tracking and google profiling is and how it all works together to make money,this is only free if you enbale SMS on your cell phone ..lmao,,not so free.

Of course they claim it is all about you and your protection,,yeah good one blizzard,i understand how Kotick and Morheim sits down at the table every night worrying about our safety.

I'd give you a LOL but doing so would be giving you a pat on the back for choosing to be utterly ignorant.

so is it free or not? confused by some of the comments. do i need to cancel something after claiming it to avoid a charge??
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Wizardry said:

Grunty said:

Wizardry said:

W/o getting into the whole mobile thing an d how scummy tracking and google profiling is and how it all works together to make money,this is only free if you enbale SMS on your cell phone ..lmao,,not so free.

Of course they claim it is all about you and your protection,,yeah good one blizzard,i understand how Kotick and Morheim sits down at the table every night worrying about our safety.

I'd give you a LOL but doing so would be giving you a pat on the back for choosing to be utterly ignorant.

New Battle.net accounts created after 11:00 a.m. PDT on November 2, 2018, will be required to enable Blizzard SMS Protect before claiming their game license. Destiny 2 is redeemable from https://account.blizzard.com/gifts/.

Yeah your right ignorance is sometimes unstoppable,unless your looking for a lol yourself?

It's ignorant to say that enabling sms messaging makes it not free. That would be their point. You know this though Wiz, you like to overreact bro, it's like clockwork.
    Sephros
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Noxias said:

Grunty said:

Wizardry said:

so is it free or not? confused by some of the comments. do i need to cancel something after claiming it to avoid a charge??
    It is free. 
    NoxiasOctagon7711Ponku
  • NoxiasNoxias Member UncommonPosts: 23

Sal1 said:

Noxias said:

Grunty said:

Wizardry said:

It is free. 

thanks!
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602

Wizardry said:

Grunty said:

Wizardry said:

New Battle.net accounts created after 11:00 a.m. PDT on November 2, 2018, will be required to enable Blizzard SMS Protect before claiming their game license. Destiny 2 is redeemable from https://account.blizzard.com/gifts/.

Yeah your right ignorance is sometimes unstoppable,unless your looking for a lol yourself?

It's ignorant to say that enabling sms messaging makes it not free. That would be their point. You know this though Wiz, you like to overreact bro, it's like clockwork.

maybe if he shows on this dummy where the evil sms touched him, I could relate. It's free. Do we expect Blizzard to send us a PC aswell and pick up the electric bill at the end of November too? It's free for existing customers.
  • velimiriusvelimirius Member UncommonPosts: 134
    nah thx, got Warframe.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Warframe Fortuna drops in a week or two. Nice try Blizz.

And yes I do have a phone.
    Cyber_wasteland
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    I had ow perma banned for "language"... I never chat... It's against my arena and MoMoba gaming style (my hands glued to controls).
    I was winning.
    I would farm weeks worth of loot boxes in a day.
    Next day. Banned for life.
    Boycotting blizzard so no thanks
    NeonSaruRueTheWhirl
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Trying to get people to buy the expansion
    Octagon7711

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited November 2018
    Wizardry said:

Thats funny , i did not need SMS to claim and had a friend who has never played any Blizz games at all ever and did not have a Battlenet acct , create an acct last nite and claim his game in under 5 min no SMS either ( he did not mention it) was in Disco with him while he set it up, ill ask him later if it required SMS ..  .....Soooo  
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    What is wrong with sms protect ? I think it great for extra security . Is there something i miss ?
    Cyber_wasteland

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    claimed but never gonna even try it. keep ur activision trash out my laucher.
  • Ricardo5802Ricardo5802 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Make it 3rd person and I might consider it...
  • drsinisterdrsinister Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Also do not forget that last month, Forsaken now comes with Year 1 DLCs (Osiris and Warmind) so for roughly US$ 40 (no season pass) to be current to what is out now.
  • xxBoneZxxxxBoneZxx Member UncommonPosts: 124

Grunty said:

108 GB?  Maybe I'll be able to play sometime in January.

Not sure where you got 108 GB from. That's probably installed, but the actual download was 80 GB for me.
  • xxBoneZxxxxBoneZxx Member UncommonPosts: 124

Grunty said:

108 GB?  Maybe I'll be able to play sometime in January.

Whoa! Seriously? I was kind of intrigued but if its that big a download fuck that noise.

That's likely the installed size. My download was only 80 GB. Same with my nephew. Only 80 GB.
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    i bought the game not that long ago. Have not bought any DLC's. Now i feel gutted that i did not hold out another couple months
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    You don't need the SMS thing to claim it, just launched the blizzard app and it was there in the gift box and all i had to do was claim it, i don't have an sms whatsit, just having a regular keyfob authenticator is enough probably. :/
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I have SMS protection but you only get asked to use it if your on a different IP address or wipe cookies from your PC.  It's easy with Authy.

Plus you get access to Gambit for the weekend.

https://www.destinythegame.com/gambit

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    thanks.. guess i'll give it a spin. it's an fps right? haven't played any of those in many many moons.

I had fun once, it was terrible.