Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo Immortal

Comments

• celtwulfceltwulf Member UncommonPosts: 61
    edited November 2018
    DMKano said:
    Absolute garbage.

The downvotes on the reveal trailer are currently at 107k.. the upvotes are 4.1k.

They have completely messed up. Announcing a crappy mobile game when all the fans have been starved of a proper Diablo for years is ridiculous.

While I agree - lets consider this from Blizzards perspective.

In their current portfolio - mobile titles are lacking - so from a business perspective of growing users in all markets - a mobile Diablo game makes complete sense.

I think its easy to forget that billion dollar companies focus on growing their earnings and wealth  first and foremost even if it means upsetting some portion of their former fanbase.

I mean the pissed off fanbase is a really minor thing - as as soon as Blizzard announces Diablo4 - all will be instantly forgotten.

So it's a win-win for Blizzard, win with a mobile game - have a minor upset of the players and then get them all back with a proper D4 game.

This is sadly true. Blizzard is basically doing to the same thing to Diablo as EA did to Command & Conquer. The weird thing to me though is that it seems like almost any of their other games would have been a better fit for mobile than Diablo. It would've made more since to me to make a PC & mobile version of the WC3 remaster even than a Diablo mobile game.

The Diablo community has always been treated worse by Blizz than any of the other game communities in their lineup imo. I have always called it Blizz's red-headed step child & today just reaffirms that.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Of course they have the talent. It’s asinine to think otherwise. Is there something that will actually appease the fans though? That’s the real question.

im not even a Diablo fan. I NEVER like the games I’m just astounded by the level of hate the gaming community has in general and people just love to hop on the hate wagon all the time. It’s craziness. 
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    DMKano said:
    Absolute garbage.

The downvotes on the reveal trailer are currently at 107k.. the upvotes are 4.1k.

They have completely messed up. Announcing a crappy mobile game when all the fans have been starved of a proper Diablo for years is ridiculous.

In their current portfolio - mobile titles are lacking - so from a business perspective of growing users in all markets - a mobile Diablo game makes complete sense.

I think its easy to forget that billion dollar companies focus on growing their earnings and wealth  first and foremost even if it means upsetting some portion of their former fanbase.

I mean the pissed off fanbase is a really minor thing - as as soon as Blizzard announces Diablo4 - all will be instantly forgotten.

So it's a win-win for Blizzard, win with a mobile game - have a minor upset of the players and then get them all back with a proper D4 game.

if diab-lol 4 is being developed (  I seriously doubt it at this point ) how hard would it be to mention that this mobile game is just to "hold over fans till D4" much like how bethesda did with their first model offering announcement fallout shelter.

there is a right way and a wrong way to expand a franchise to new platforms, what happened at Blizzcon definitely wasn't the right way. . .

it seems 2018 is the year of big game companies pissing off their fans, like they all had a secret meeting and bet who could generate the most rage. . .mind bogglingly stoopid.
    kjempff
    edited November 2018
    Of course they have the talent. It’s asinine to think otherwise. Is there something that will actually appease the fans though? That’s the real question.

im not even a Diablo fan. I NEVER like the games I’m just astounded by the level of hate the gaming community has in general and people just love to hop on the hate wagon all the time. It’s craziness. 
    Don't worry If anyone says anything ugly Blizz will delete the comments, just like they are doing on the Diablo Immortal Cinematic Reveal Youtube page. Most of the comments aren't even being rude, but stating they don't like the idea of Diablo mobile. Those hateful bastards! The nerve!

Too bad Blizz can't delete that dislike count though huh?
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited November 2018
    DMKano said:
    Absolute garbage.

Don't disagree that money will be driving force behind this decision.

The name on the company these days is Activision Blizzard. AB tried to get into mobile - didn't make much headway. AB bought King - much fanfare but the reality has been a steady decline in "user engagement". So I see this as an Activision Blizzard portfolio "lack".
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Fuck off! 
    Slapshot1188Asm0deusGorwe
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    As of right now 4.7k up and 130k down.......lmao

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Nyctelios said:
    Asm0deus said:
    As of right now 4.7k up and 130k down.......lmao
    Yeah.... talk about negative reception.
    All is well!!

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Adding insult to injury, it's just a re-skinned version of Crusaders of Light. They couldn't even be bothered to develop something original.

You know what would've been a cool mobile game? A port of Diablo 1. It's simple enough to work on mobile, and us Diablo fans would have a 'remaster' we could play on the go. Win-win. But no, we don't even rank that in Blizzard's eyes. 
    MrMelGibson

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Adding insult to injury, it's just a re-skinned version of Crusaders of Light. They couldn't even be bothered to develop something original.

You know what would've been a cool mobile game? A port of Diablo 1. It's simple enough to work on mobile, and us Diablo fans would have a 'remaster' we could play on the go. Win-win. But no, we don't even rank that in Blizzard's eyes. 
    They (Blizzard) didn't even develop it, apparently. It was outsourced. Which, you know, fair enough. I wouldn't want Blizzard staff wasted on this shit. But we are owed more than this after 4 years of borderline maintenance mode.
    I personally think their only mistake was releasing it at a convention instead of just releasing it on the app stores and advertising. 
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]CazrielGorwejimmywolfMrMelGibson
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    This guy should work for Blizzard.  He has about as much sense as they do right now:

https://www.shacknews.com/article/108310/fans-react-to-diablo-immortal-like-disrespectful-edgelords-at-blizzcon-2018s-qa

That journalist is out of touch. I'd call it an example of the Golden Rule in action. The fans were disrespectful because Blizzard showed them the ultimate disrespect. Customers don't enjoy contempt.
    [Deleted User]CazrielGorwejimmywolf[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Wait, is this the big Diablo news that Blizz has been teasing?
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    First WoW BFA, now Diablo

Maybe they are trying to kill off their franchises. EA style.

But that be ACTIVISION-blizzard, not actually blizzard blizzard

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

The video speaks for itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZoaec37uaI

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    LOL, saw this in the comments for the YouTube trailer:

Me: The next Diablo game can't be worse than 3.
    ActivisionBlizz: Hold mah beer!
    [Deleted User]ConstantineMerus
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    The video speaks for itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZoaec37uaI 

Yep. Crickets....
    They also insulted their fanbase

"DO YOU NOT HAVE PHONES?"

MrMelGibson

edited November 2018
    The fact they want to break into the mobile market isn't the main reason for people being angry as some keep trying to point out. It's because Blizzard themselves created this huge hype train for Diablo, & used that hype train to sell tickets, & then the closer it got to Blizzcon they out of nowhere started saying people were having unreal expectations. To make matters worse they are deleting comments from the youtube page. I could understand if it was full of hate speech but the majority are people just saying they're disappointed & that's all. 

There are some already screaming that this is a hate train or whatever, but if someone saying they're disappointed is a hate train then I guess I'm part of it. The gaming community isn't what it was 10-15 years ago. If you insult it, it will fight back. Sometimes it gets way too carried away & needs to learn how to fight back in a constructive manner, but the fact still remains that most gamers will not tolerate being lied to or insulted. Hell, almost no consumer will.
    Post edited by celtwulf on
    jimmywolf
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Gutlard
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,823
    And how many times has nerd outrage like this ever translated into a product failing?

Whoo, its got a lot of dislikes on Youtube.
    Justin Beiber's Baby video is almost to 10 million dislikes so obviously that means Beiber's career failed and he's living on the streets right? Oh, wait, nope, he's a huge star with lots of money.
    They also insulted their fanbase

"DO YOU NOT HAVE PHONES?"

I think people are trying too hard with that one. It's not an insult, you just want it to be so you can complain about it.
    Xiaoki said:
    And how many times has nerd outrage like this ever translated into a product failing?

Justin Beiber's Baby video is almost to 10 million dislikes so obviously that means Beiber's career failed and he's living on the streets right? Oh, wait, nope, he's a huge star with lots of money.
    I think nerd outrage is a bit much & it isn't about the product failing. Most everyone knows it will not fail but people not accepting something can be constructive if handled correctly was the point. It has happened & can very much happen again.
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    edited November 2018
    I called this prior to the announcement and it makes sense, Blizzard have yet to leave a mark on the Mobile platform, now they will.

I'm incredibly disappointed and glad I didn't buy a ticket, because Diablo news was all I was interested in.
    What is this game called hearthstone... It will never be popular on mobile! Anyways blizzard wtf. We've been clamouring for a diablo 4 or diablo mmorpg for years now and this mobile title is just a slap in the dick.

Also its basically diablo 3 with some new abilities...wtf. Same classes and everything god...talk about milking a game to death.

MurderHerd

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Xiaoki said:

What I personally think this will do is cause them to get some Diablo 4 news out quicker than they would have done if this hadn't happened.
    MrMelGibson
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.