Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CardLife Early Access Preview - Not Quite a Cardboard Cutout - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageCardLife Early Access Preview - Not Quite a Cardboard Cutout - MMORPG.com

Survival sandbox games really do feel like a sort of dime-a-dozen subgenre of MMO gaming, so when I was tapped for this CardLife early access preview, I wasn’t really holding a lot of expectations. With that said, I managed to find some fun in this charming little sandbox and most of that charm was hidden inside this game’s use of its cardboard aesthetic.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Ive had this one on follow on Steam for a cpl weeks now , its interesting but really want to see how it progresses , But i have load of similar games at this time , i need to invest more time into before i buy another ..
    mikeb0817Tokken
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I don't touch early access anymore.. so many games stall once it gets to that point and the sell had been made.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    edited November 2018
    The cardboard looks fake.

Edit: actually, I take that back. I looked at more pictures on Steam, the quality of the cardboard isn't bad!
    --------------------------------------------
  • PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Why the hell would you put PvP in a game like this? I was all ready to give this game a try, till I got to the PvP part.

No thanks! If they release PvE servers, then I'll reconsider.
    catofmany
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Well, I'm not into PvP either, but if it's really all that easy to survive and most of the players also aren't big on PvP (let alone being aggressive PKers) I might give it a try. The exploration and crafting do sound intriguing. The cost might be off-putting, though.

I wonder if it would work for a company to charge a small subscription fee based on time played, and then as the game is developed toward full release, the subscription would gradually rise to full value.

I don't know how many more games can charge a hefty fee to essentially play-test an early release game, only to go F2P once it has been in full release for a short time (or even earlier) before too many gamers get fed up with feeling like they got milked and then sent to the glue factory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.