Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo Immortal

Comments

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    edited November 2018

This guy is better and more fun than Diablo Shmortal 

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited November 2018
    [WOW, they just gave an equivalent of "What are you, poor?"](https://clips.twitch.tv/TawdryHonestFlamingoCoolStoryBob)

Man did they not have some coaching?  "Don't Marie Antoinette the audience" should have been the first rule.
    Obviously rehearsed defensive response: "Don't you guys all have phones?"

That's like Marie Antoinette saying: "Don't you all like cake?"

This just keeps getting better and better.

Mensur
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    [WOW, they just gave an equivalent of "What are you, poor?"](https://clips.twitch.tv/TawdryHonestFlamingoCoolStoryBob)

Man did they not have some coaching?  "Don't Marie Antoinette the audience" should have been the first rule.
    The jackweeds at Blizzard deserve all the scorn they're going to get over such a monumentally stupid fucking decision.  You don't host a convention for your most hardcore fans and then serve up a mobile game ... it's so obvious to me how that would play out.  Blizzard has some class A morons steering the ship right now.
    What this guy said! Agree on every single word!
    Kumapon

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    My god you guys (the internet in general) are absolutely brutal. 
    MensurMrMelGibson
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    The jackweeds at Blizzard deserve all the scorn they're going to get over such a monumentally stupid fucking decision.  You don't host a convention for your most hardcore fans and then serve up a mobile game ... it's so obvious to me how that would play out.  Blizzard has some class A morons steering the ship right now.
    Yup.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    It has been over 4 years since the last Diablo expansion. In the time since, the game has gotten embarassingly little support and has effectively spent years in maintenance mode.

We've gotten the shaft for years, and Blizzard thinks that a motherfucking MOBILE GAME is at all acceptable to announce while we're still waiting on literally anything substantial to happen to this IP?

I'm officially boycotting all Blizzard games until a proper sequel, expansion, or remaster is announced for the Diablo franchise. 
    MensurGorweAsm0deus
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    ¨A mobile game¨, that the Big announcement at this Blizzcon. No words.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    [Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
    Apparently it maybe just a re-skin ?

[Deleted User]
    http://www.playdiablo4.com/
    that is some funny shit.
    Truvidien88[Deleted User]Gorwekjempff[Deleted User]Asm0deussunflameMadFrenchie

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366

This makes me want to start cutting myself again.

Truvidien88
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Pass for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    edited November 2018
    Hehe 3.5k upvotes vs 91k downvotes on the official video .. and counting. Taking bets on when they will take it off youtube :D
    And they keep deleting negative comments but can't keep up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSmAwpVHsA&feature=youtu.be

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    While I agree with most of you. To be fair Blizzard did tell us not to expect epic news. So maybe we should blame ourselves for getting our expectations up. Just playing devil's advocate here.
    bartoni33
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Mensur said:
    I want to Cry! Fuck this..I am going to play RDR2 now and enjoy the dynamic weather balls! 
    Whats this? Have we reached the level of realism in games that cold weather affects the drop of your characters balls?  That is disturbing, moreso if you can see them.
    Gorwe
  • ItstimetodealItstimetodeal Member UncommonPosts: 284
    The line at the demo...pretty sad 

https://m.imgur.com/a/02F13bm
    Slapshot1188Asm0deusGorweSwampySackBossChono
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    well now we know why they increased security for blizzcon this year. surprised no one got dome'd with a soul stone
    gervaise1Asm0deus
    Torval said:
    http://www.playdiablo4.com/
    that is some funny shit.
    That's the best rickroll ever!

Yeah, I am sure they will get some kind of lawyer letter but man that made me LOL.
    Asm0deus

So I guess the Diablo news was over a mobile game after all. You gonna give it a shot or disappointed in the announcement?
    Does nothing for me, but Blizzard would be stupid to ignore the mobile gaming trend. Thing is though I have to ask if Diablo was the best IP they could have brought to mobile. It just feels to me that the brunt of hard core Diablo fans are not of the mobile gaming generation so aren't going to follow this trend. It might get them some new Diablo fans, but I think if they'd gone with a newer IP for a mobile game they would have gotten less of a lukewarm response.
    Hearthstone screams mobile game I can play on a phone.  Diablo "Action MMORPG"... ummm.. NO.
    Asm0deusbartoni33Gorwe

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455
    Press F to pay respects to the Diablo franchise.
    [Deleted User]

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Absolute garbage.

The downvotes on the reveal trailer are currently at 107k.. the upvotes are 4.1k.

They have completely messed up. Announcing a crappy mobile game when all the fans have been starved of a proper Diablo for years is ridiculous.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited November 2018
     I was going to take the game trailer and edit in the rick roll music, but I'm honestly so disgusted I don't want to even joke around.

Enjoy your "mobile success" Blizzard. Torchlight Frontiers hugged me and told me it was all going to be OK.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    DMKano said:
    Absolute garbage.

The downvotes on the reveal trailer are currently at 107k.. the upvotes are 4.1k.

They have completely messed up. Announcing a crappy mobile game when all the fans have been starved of a proper Diablo for years is ridiculous.

While I agree - lets consider this from Blizzards perspective.

In their current portfolio - mobile titles are lacking - so from a business perspective of growing users in all markets - a mobile Diablo game makes complete sense.

I think its easy to forget that billion dollar companies focus on growing their earnings and wealth  first and foremost even if it means upsetting some portion of their former fanbase.

I mean the pissed off fanbase is a really minor thing - as as soon as Blizzard announces Diablo4 - all will be instantly forgotten.

So it's a win-win for Blizzard, win with a mobile game - have a minor upset of the players and then get them all back with a proper D4 game.

You're right.. but it's still messed up. 

But.. if Diablo 4 isn't exactly what people want it's going to suffer worse than vanilla Diablo 3 did in terms of backlash. It's an extra reason for fans to be pissed off and going into it with a bad attitude. Diablo 4 needs to be the dog's bollocks now, there will be no wriggle room.

Plus, we all know they are working on Diablo 4. They could have shown something like Beth did with Elder Scrolls Mobile and Elder Scrolls 6. They could have, and should have, avoided it.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Gorwe said:
    While I agree with most of you. To be fair Blizzard did tell us not to expect epic news. So maybe we should blame ourselves for getting our expectations up. Just playing devil's advocate here.
    Well, I didn't expect anything and I'm still appalled by this year's Blizzcon. No WC 1 and 2 remasters(they really, but REALLY need it) - instead have a cheap ass WC 3 remaster(a game which mostly didn't even need it!), no Diablo 1 and 2 remasters(both could use it, but Warcrafts should take precedence imo) - instead have a shitty mobile crap...the only good thing was that badass McCree short(and that's only because he is inherently badass). Everything else was just kinda...shit and even sometimes a dumpster fire. Well then!
    For me I'm super excited about remastered WC3 (Reforged). So the others can wait for now. Blizzard said they considered WC1 & 2 but didn't think they would be fun today gameplay wise.