Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo Immortal

Comments

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 495
    Mensur said:
    I want to Cry! Fuck this..I am going to play RDR2 now and enjoy the dynamic weather balls! 
    Whats this? Have we reached the level of realism in games that cold weather affects the drop of your characters balls?  That is disturbing, moreso if you can see them.
    Gorwe
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,100
    Maybe House Dimir can ease this pain? They're too cool...
  • ItstimetodealItstimetodeal Member UncommonPosts: 284
    The line at the demo...pretty sad 

https://m.imgur.com/a/02F13bm
    Slapshot1188Asm0deusGorweSwampySackBossChono
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 622
    well now we know why they increased security for blizzcon this year. surprised no one got dome'd with a soul stone
    gervaise1Asm0deus
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,069
    Torval said:
    http://www.playdiablo4.com/
    that is some funny shit.
    That's the best rickroll ever!

Yeah, I am sure they will get some kind of lawyer letter but man that made me LOL.
    Asm0deus

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• MisterZebubMisterZebub Member LegendaryPosts: 3,584
    So I guess the Diablo news was over a mobile game after all. You gonna give it a shot or disappointed in the announcement?
    Does nothing for me, but Blizzard would be stupid to ignore the mobile gaming trend. Thing is though I have to ask if Diablo was the best IP they could have brought to mobile. It just feels to me that the brunt of hard core Diablo fans are not of the mobile gaming generation so aren't going to follow this trend. It might get them some new Diablo fans, but I think if they'd gone with a newer IP for a mobile game they would have gotten less of a lukewarm response.
    Gorwe

"You have kept me at your beck and call for fifteen years. I shall never again do what you demand of me. By every rule of single combat, from this moment your life belongs to me. Is that not correct? Then I shall simply declare you dead. In all of your dealings with me, you'll do me the courtesy to conduct yourself as a dead man. I have submitted to your notions of honor long enough. You will now submit to mine."

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,069
    So I guess the Diablo news was over a mobile game after all. You gonna give it a shot or disappointed in the announcement?
    Does nothing for me, but Blizzard would be stupid to ignore the mobile gaming trend. Thing is though I have to ask if Diablo was the best IP they could have brought to mobile. It just feels to me that the brunt of hard core Diablo fans are not of the mobile gaming generation so aren't going to follow this trend. It might get them some new Diablo fans, but I think if they'd gone with a newer IP for a mobile game they would have gotten less of a lukewarm response.
    Hearthstone screams mobile game I can play on a phone.  Diablo "Action MMORPG"... ummm.. NO.
    Asm0deusbartoni33Gorwe

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

Gutlard said:
    I don't like mobile games even on the can.... If gaming goes totally mobile that's when I'll know it's time to hang up the joystick, and then put down the controller after leaving the can.  :o

Gut Out!
    Not a mobile gaming fan either but think for a minute on how many people world wide have gaming PCs, or Consoles, compared to how many own mobile devices.
    IsilithTehroth

"You have kept me at your beck and call for fifteen years. I shall never again do what you demand of me. By every rule of single combat, from this moment your life belongs to me. Is that not correct? Then I shall simply declare you dead. In all of your dealings with me, you'll do me the courtesy to conduct yourself as a dead man. I have submitted to your notions of honor long enough. You will now submit to mine."

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,197
    Press F to pay respects to the Diablo franchise.
    Torval

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,267
    Absolute garbage.

The downvotes on the reveal trailer are currently at 107k.. the upvotes are 4.1k.

They have completely messed up. Announcing a crappy mobile game when all the fans have been starved of a proper Diablo for years is ridiculous.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,202
    Absolute garbage.

The downvotes on the reveal trailer are currently at 107k.. the upvotes are 4.1k.

They have completely messed up. Announcing a crappy mobile game when all the fans have been starved of a proper Diablo for years is ridiculous.

While I agree - lets consider this from Blizzards perspective.

In their current portfolio - mobile titles are lacking - so from a business perspective of growing users in all markets - a mobile Diablo game makes complete sense.

I think its easy to forget that billion dollar companies focus on growing their earnings and wealth  first and foremost even if it means upsetting some portion of their former fanbase.

I mean the pissed off fanbase is a really minor thing - as as soon as Blizzard announces Diablo4 - all will be instantly forgotten.

So it's a win-win for Blizzard, win with a mobile game - have a minor upset of the players and then get them all back with a proper D4 game.

d_20bartoni33GorweTrolldefender99
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited November 2018
     I was going to take the game trailer and edit in the rick roll music, but I'm honestly so disgusted I don't want to even joke around.

Enjoy your "mobile success" Blizzard. Torchlight Frontiers hugged me and told me it was all going to be OK.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,267
    DMKano said:
    Absolute garbage.

In their current portfolio - mobile titles are lacking - so from a business perspective of growing users in all markets - a mobile Diablo game makes complete sense.

I think its easy to forget that billion dollar companies focus on growing their earnings and wealth  first and foremost even if it means upsetting some portion of their former fanbase.

I mean the pissed off fanbase is a really minor thing - as as soon as Blizzard announces Diablo4 - all will be instantly forgotten.

So it's a win-win for Blizzard, win with a mobile game - have a minor upset of the players and then get them all back with a proper D4 game.

You're right.. but it's still messed up. 

But.. if Diablo 4 isn't exactly what people want it's going to suffer worse than vanilla Diablo 3 did in terms of backlash. It's an extra reason for fans to be pissed off and going into it with a bad attitude. Diablo 4 needs to be the dog's bollocks now, there will be no wriggle room.

Plus, we all know they are working on Diablo 4. They could have shown something like Beth did with Elder Scrolls Mobile and Elder Scrolls 6. They could have, and should have, avoided it.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,019
    Gorwe said:
    While I agree with most of you. To be fair Blizzard did tell us not to expect epic news. So maybe we should blame ourselves for getting our expectations up. Just playing devil's advocate here.
    Well, I didn't expect anything and I'm still appalled by this year's Blizzcon. No WC 1 and 2 remasters(they really, but REALLY need it) - instead have a cheap ass WC 3 remaster(a game which mostly didn't even need it!), no Diablo 1 and 2 remasters(both could use it, but Warcrafts should take precedence imo) - instead have a shitty mobile crap...the only good thing was that badass McCree short(and that's only because he is inherently badass). Everything else was just kinda...shit and even sometimes a dumpster fire. Well then!
    For me I'm super excited about remastered WC3 (Reforged). So the others can wait for now. Blizzard said they considered WC1 & 2 but didn't think they would be fun today gameplay wise.
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,441
    http://www.playdiablo4.com/
    that is some funny shit.
    This is the best, love ggg.
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • celtwulfceltwulf Member UncommonPosts: 61
    edited November 2018
    DMKano said:
    Absolute garbage.

This is sadly true. Blizzard is basically doing to the same thing to Diablo as EA did to Command & Conquer. The weird thing to me though is that it seems like almost any of their other games would have been a better fit for mobile than Diablo. It would've made more since to me to make a PC & mobile version of the WC3 remaster even than a Diablo mobile game.

The Diablo community has always been treated worse by Blizz than any of the other game communities in their lineup imo. I have always called it Blizz's red-headed step child & today just reaffirms that.
    edited November 2018
    Nevermind, tried to incorporate a tweet and failed for some reason.

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
    DMKano said:
    Absolute garbage.

Do you feel that the current talent at Blizzard has what it takes to create a Diablo 4 game that will appease the brunt of their fanbase? Because I personally fucking don't. And yeah I know some fanbois out there are going to throw shit at me for this statement but after Diablo Mobile has become a thing, you know I'm fucking right.

Now to be honest I have to ask, does Blizzard have to continue to make a buck by living in the past? I thought they've done quite well financially with their newer IPs. Is it really fair that we older fans should hold them to continue to entertain us with ideas they came up with over twenty years ago?

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Of course they have the talent. It’s asinine to think otherwise. Is there something that will actually appease the fans though? That’s the real question.

im not even a Diablo fan. I NEVER like the games I’m just astounded by the level of hate the gaming community has in general and people just love to hop on the hate wagon all the time. It’s craziness. 
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 745
    DMKano said:
    Absolute garbage.

if diab-lol 4 is being developed (  I seriously doubt it at this point ) how hard would it be to mention that this mobile game is just to "hold over fans till D4" much like how bethesda did with their first model offering announcement fallout shelter.

there is a right way and a wrong way to expand a franchise to new platforms, what happened at Blizzcon definitely wasn't the right way. . .

it seems 2018 is the year of big game companies pissing off their fans, like they all had a secret meeting and bet who could generate the most rage. . .mind bogglingly stoopid.
    kjempff
  • celtwulfceltwulf Member UncommonPosts: 61
    edited November 2018
    Of course they have the talent. It’s asinine to think otherwise. Is there something that will actually appease the fans though? That’s the real question.

im not even a Diablo fan. I NEVER like the games I’m just astounded by the level of hate the gaming community has in general and people just love to hop on the hate wagon all the time. It’s craziness. 
    Don't worry If anyone says anything ugly Blizz will delete the comments, just like they are doing on the Diablo Immortal Cinematic Reveal Youtube page. Most of the comments aren't even being rude, but stating they don't like the idea of Diablo mobile. Those hateful bastards! The nerve!

Too bad Blizz can't delete that dislike count though huh?
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,202
    edited November 2018
    sayuu said:
    DMKano said:
    Absolute garbage.

if diab-lol 4 is being developed (  I seriously doubt it at this point ) how hard would it be to mention that this mobile game is just to "hold over fans till D4" much like how bethesda did with their first model offering announcement fallout shelter.

there is a right way and a wrong way to expand a franchise to new platforms, what happened at Blizzcon definitely wasn't the right way. . .

it seems 2018 is the year of big game companies pissing off their fans, like they all had a secret meeting and bet who could generate the most rage. . .mind bogglingly stoopid.

Diablo 4 or whatever it ends up being is in the works. 

Blizzard simply is not ready to even drop a blurb about it, as they frankly dont need to. It gains them nothing to do so now as once ready they will market the hell out of it and make a killing.

Video game market is changing rapidly and Blizzard simply has no need to risk dropping any hints about projects in the works that still have some slim chance getting cancelled internally.

So for them the proven formula is - keep it under wraps until its ready for showtime then - ensure mega sales with a strong arm marketing campaign 

If they said something now - that initial wave of hype is hard to maintain for year+ and Blizzard doesnt need to use "small studio, we don't have money to advertise" tactics where you know about the product 4 years prior to launc and there are constant developer updates during development. By the time the game is ready to launch you are already sick and tired of it.

When you have a huge marketing budget like Blizzard does, you dont need to resort to early reveal and an onslaught of dev updates for years before release.

Post edited by DMKano on
    Trolldefender99
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,318
    edited November 2018
    DMKano said:
    Absolute garbage.

Don't disagree that money will be driving force behind this decision.

The name on the company these days is Activision Blizzard. AB tried to get into mobile - didn't make much headway. AB bought King - much fanfare but the reality has been a steady decline in "user engagement". So I see this as an Activision Blizzard portfolio "lack".
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 2,691
    Fuck off! 
    Slapshot1188Asm0deusGorwe
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    • Song of the Week: Blackfield by Blackfield from Blackfield (2005)
    • Currently Playing: Devil May Cry 1
    • Favorite Drink: Bruichladdich Black Art 5th 1992
    • Gaming Timeline: Arcade, Commodore 64, Amiga 500, SEGA, IBM, PS, PC, PS2, More PCs, PS3, Giant PC, PS4, No More PCs, PS4 Pro.
    edited November 2018
    Well, nobody here is saying their move does not make sense @DMKano
    We are saying we dislike it.

They have their right to opt to pull some candy crush fiscal year carnival move...

And we have the right to dislike it because as fans of their IPs it does not take our desires in consideration.

I don't get your point in trying to see their side. We know their side: Money. Edit to add: We just expected more from them. Because we like them. Such cheap move is something below them.
    kjempff