Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlizzCon 2018 Kicks Off with World of Warcraft Classic Announced for Release in Summer 2019

1235»

Comments

• BobVaBobVa Member UncommonPosts: 125
    Albatroes said:

SBFord said:

I hope they have a big GOTCHA moment up their sleeves and that all these "lowered expectations" feelings so many have for the convention are put to rest with something B-I-G! *crosses fingers*

Well that Classic audience got their money's worth since it'll be out next year and rolled into the current sub.
    That's.. not B-I-G .

I mean, we all knew Classic will come In 2019 and in no way it will have a separated sub model.

So, I'm sure SBFord meant something else ( same as me ) . The only O.K announcement was W3 Reforged from the entire BlizzCon, and that's .. basically it.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    I had a virtual ticket and was playing WoW Classic this afternoon. You get to play for a full 60 minutes in a 90 minute window before you are forced to log off. They had like 20+ generic servers to log into.

To give a brief review it seems to have the graphical prowess of retail WoW but has the classic interface (which I've never seen). I started in Westfall as a level 15 human warrior. I dont know if this was in Vanilla, but as you open a quest you hear a pencil writing and the lines of the quest slowly appear line by line. I thought it was a nice touch.

In a nutshell I loved it. I loved being able to take skills from Fury, Arm and Protection in any combination I want giving me more customization. You do have a mini map but it doesn't tell you where to go. I had no idea where to find the gnolls and I loved it :D Definitely something I will be playing when it launches but don't want to dig too deep during this demo (which is only 15-19, no dungeons and 1 zone). I can wait.

Plus I'm enjoying BFA and all the great things that are coming in 8.1 and beyond.
    Alomarlaserit

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    This just makes me think if Richard Gariott for some reason :(   So classic. . and . . classic.  Maybe that puts them ahead of RG a bit?  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• DinastyDinasty Member UncommonPosts: 212
    $16 a month for vanilla wow lmfao
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

SBFord said:

I had two companies I always counted on for my most treasured games: Blizzard and BioWare....

I would have added Bethesda to that list, but, they seem to be tripping over themselves trying to create FO76.
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Looking forward to playing WoW classic, see you in Azeroth.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Somebody hug me. This was my honest reaction to that Diablo Mobile reveal.  :s

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Wow, how the mighty have fallen. Warcraft Remastered is cool, but just cool. Not nearly worth the hype and money people pay and put into this alone. People have been saying for years Blizz listens to their player base less and less, a mobile Diablo game pretty much confirms that. 3/10 at best, not worth the admission fee.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I just woke up from a nightmare. Now I miss it. 
    [Deleted User]
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • c0796c0796 Member UncommonPosts: 39
    The mobile version seemed inevitable given how many people are welded to their mobiles. But that's really milking the franchise. I also would have rather seen them put more of their assets into the projects the fans have been asking for. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the fans don't line their pockets with $. That being said, I think they have a thing or two up their sleeves still. Right when things cool off they will throw us a seven sided strike. They know how to wave a carrot in front of a donkey. This donkey is brushing his teeth...getting ready for a fat carrot.
  • Grunt350Grunt350 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    dammit I was hoping for a remaster of Warcraft 1 and 2.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    diablo mobile... not like tis >< blizzard really sold its soul tis year to activision.
  • BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177
    I think 'Ian' just gave a huge clue to the future of Classic with his final remarks from what was a very engaging and fantastic explanation of the work gone in to making Classic work in the year 2018 ..... he said .. welcoming everybody back to the world pre- Cataclysm which of course means those that journey once more with Vanilla MK2 will probably also be looking at getting at least the Burning Crusade and then Wrath .... who knows in a wacky world it may well get another unique expansion with another journey.

I have not been totally convinced by Classic but I can appreciate the genuine efforts that have gone into it. Possibly a few days of playing it will re-tune the mind .... but I also thought the new announcements with BFA were also good and I do like the intentions with Warcraft III .... either way a lot of food for thought ...
    laserit
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    SBFord said:
    Now I only have Anthem to look forward to everything else is garbage.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that one either.
    Image result for x files i want to believe
    Octagon7711
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    SBFord said:
    Aeander said:
    SBFord said:
    Now I only have Anthem to look forward to everything else is garbage.
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that one either.
    I'd still buy it before supporting Diablo fucking Immortal. 
    I'll be staying out of both. I lost Mass Effect to Anthem, now I've lost Diablo to mobile. Sucks to be me these days.
    The way I feel about Mass Effect is that, while I loved the series (and Mass Effect 2 is one of my favorite games ever), the series may have outlived the developers' vision for it. We had a self-contained story. We had 3 triumphant RPGs. We didn't really need more, and it might have actually been better for the series to end on a high note.

Separate from my love of Mass Effect is my knowledge that the series has also pushed forward some of the worst practices in gaming. Mass Effect 3 was one of the worst early cases of on disc dlc and an early lootbox live service. Mass Effect Andromeda represents rushed crunch game development and, again, lootbox multiplayer. 

Perhaps it is time to remember Mass Effect fondly for what it is while feeling some measure of relief that EA may not be further tarnishing its good name with their greed.

As for Anthem, I'm cautiously interested. I like what I see. I like the layered map design. I like 3rd person perspective. I like personalized loot. I like its genre. I fully expect it to at least be better than Destiny, though that may or may not be enough to be good. I'm more concerned with what they haven't shown than what they have.
    [Deleted User]