Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In Case You Missed It: Destiny 2 is Free to Claim & Keep Via BattleNet Through Nov 18 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageIn Case You Missed It: Destiny 2 is Free to Claim & Keep Via BattleNet Through Nov 18 - MMORPG.com

From now through November 18th, BattleNet PC players can claim and keep a free copy of Destiny 2. This does not, of course, include the Forsaken expansion, but it includes all of the content up to that point. The offer is being made in celebration of Destiny 2's presence on BattleNet.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• karhimakarhima Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Thank you, I actually would've missed it.
    Asm0deussarah116Folmen
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Hate games with DLC... people expect to get the full experience when they get the free version, but it doesn't take long to realize that there isn't much to do since everything needs to be paid to unlock it.
    LeFantomegastovski1Laughing-manRueTheWhirl
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    108 GB?  Maybe I'll be able to play sometime in January.
    3domKyleranAsheramAlomarFolmenRueTheWhirlPonku
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Strizzy12Strizzy12 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Thank you!
    LeFantome
  • ScarranScarran Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Thanks for the info, I would have missed this one also.
    Asm0deusLeFantome
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    Thanks for the heads up!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Gonna claim this when I get home tonight. Thanks Suzie!
    --------------------------------------------
  • blbetablbeta Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Yes tyvm. I play Overwatch a bit and didn't notice this.
  • FacelessSaviorFacelessSavior Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Lemme know when they're paying people to play it and maybe I'll give it a try.
    SBFordgastovski13domKyleranAyinAlomarKellerXarkovelimiriusRueTheWhirl
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Now I understand why this is free. It is Blizzard's way to say sorry for Diablo Mobile.
    SBFordFacelessSaviorRueTheWhirlJeffSpicoli
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited November 2018
    Don't see anyone mentioning it but this is not entirely free.
    W/o getting into the whole mobile thing an d how scummy tracking and google profiling is and how it all works together to make money,this is only free if you enbale SMS on your cell phone ..lmao,,not so free.

Of course they claim it is all about you and your protection,,yeah good one blizzard,i understand how Kotick and Morheim sits down at the table every night worrying about our safety.
    jimmywolfgastovski1Dagon13FacelessSaviorLaughing-manXarkovelimiriusdjnj2000AI724

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited November 2018
    Wizardry said:
    W/o getting into the whole mobile thing an d how scummy tracking and google profiling is and how it all works together to make money,this is only free if you enbale SMS on your cell phone ..lmao,,not so free.

Of course they claim it is all about you and your protection,,yeah good one blizzard,i understand how Kotick and Morheim sits down at the table every night worrying about our safety.
    I'd give you a LOL but doing so would be giving you a pat on the back for choosing to be utterly ignorant.
    SiphaedLaughing-manTacticalZombehRueTheWhirlRicardo5802AI724
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Wizardry said:

If you cancel before the trial period ends you get to keep the free tinfoil hat WoW cosmetic, so what is there to lose?
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    That's a nice Gift to claim for free tbh. Worth the Download tho.
  • WasadiWasadi Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Hard pass, but thanks for the information Miss Suzie.
    SBFordAlomar

If you ain't dyin', then you ain't tryin'.

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Thanks! "Claimed" to never play it - unless they'll introduce actually interesting version (i.e. third-person view).
    FacelessSaviorRueTheWhirlDvora

Thank you for your time!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Feels like activision has been stepping on my nuts ever since I bought this about 2-3 months ago before they rolled everything into the latest expansion....
    JeffSpicoli
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Grunty said:
    Wizardry said:

I'd give you a LOL but doing so would be giving you a pat on the back for choosing to be utterly ignorant.
    New Battle.net accounts created after 11:00 a.m. PDT on November 2, 2018, will be required to enable Blizzard SMS Protect before claiming their game license. Destiny 2 is redeemable from https://account.blizzard.com/gifts/.

Yeah your right ignorance is sometimes unstoppable,unless your looking for a lol yourself?
    FacelessSavior

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Thanks for the headsup I can't make it past the sms protect garbage
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    That sms shite is annoying...... I have an older account so can avoid the sms crap but my son who will want to play and will need a new account will need to do the sms BS which means neither one of us will play.
    Phoenix_HawkRueTheWhirl

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

edited November 2018

Quadrupal post because I was stupid.
    Asheram
    edited November 2018

edited November 2018

edited November 2018
    Wizardry said:
    Grunty said:
    Wizardry said:

New Battle.net accounts created after 11:00 a.m. PDT on November 2, 2018, will be required to enable Blizzard SMS Protect before claiming their game license. Destiny 2 is redeemable from https://account.blizzard.com/gifts/.

Yeah your right ignorance is sometimes unstoppable,unless your looking for a lol yourself?
    I just created a Blizzard account.  Was never asked for any form of authentication including SMS.

It took me 3 times as long (and four posts) to find out how to add a picture than it did to create the account.

• illneverdieillneverdie Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Purchased game when it launched, but didnt buy both (osiris and another one) dlc releases before forsaken. Does this version got em?