Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlizzCon 2018 Kicks Off with World of Warcraft Classic Announced for Release in Summer 2019

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlizzCon 2018 Kicks Off TODAY & You Can Watch the Opening Ceremony with Us - MMORPG.com News

It's BlizzCon Day and that usually means lots of announcements about Diablo, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, HearthStone, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. We'll be updating this article as the opening ceremony kicks off at 11:00 am Pacific / 2:00 pm Eastern. We've got the YouTube stream embedded, so be sure to head through the jump to watch with us when the time comes and leave us your thoughts in the comments!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited November 2018
    I hope they have a big GOTCHA moment up their sleeves and that all these "lowered expectations" feelings so many have for the convention are put to rest with something B-I-G! *crosses fingers*

Post edited by SBFord on
    JeffSpicoliMensur[Deleted User]Galadourn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Not trying to be a negative nanny but they did a good job killing all the hype about Diablo stuff - and it was supposed to be the main attraction. The rest must be really bland.
    SBFordShelassajgDuffay[Deleted User]ThaharNephethWhiteshade92JeroKaneThuplijimmywolfand 3 others.

Thank you for your time!

• knightauditknightaudit Member UncommonPosts: 389
    It could be they do the bait and switch route .. say that you should not get your hopes up and they drop a huge bomb
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    I bet they announce a BR game or mode.
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237

SBFord said:

Diablo boardgame niiiccuuu
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Xarko
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited November 2018
    I hope they announce The Betrayal of Imperius (Diablo Online), and that the game is already completed and the demo will start on Black Friday with a Hard Launch Jan 2019.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    jgDuffay said:

SBFord said:

Diablo boardgame niiiccuuu
    My only guesses would be that, Switch, a secured Phone or a really powerful laptop.  :|

But the latter seems unlikely with the angle we have; it would suck to lose power halfway through a presentation.

I might go to bed.  :|
    JeffSpicoliSBFord
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    I don't even own a damned Switch, so why would they waste MY Con as this being the big news?! How dare they?

Diablo MMORPG, Starcraft MMORPG, WoW 2.0 MMORPG or maybe even psyche Titan MMORPG WILL release.

Gut Out!
    MadFrenchieThupli

What, me worry?

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    Suzie, can you please start a Vanilla thread for reactions to the Vanilla demo? I am really interested in people's reactions. I wanna hear how folks are blown away (or not) by the demo.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    WoW Diablo Revealed11!!! .. just kidding

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• bennylongbennylong Member UncommonPosts: 100

Mensur said:

WoW Diablo Revealed11!!! .. just kidding

Hot
    Mensur
  • gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    blizzard just gifted me a Destiny 2 vanilla copy, what gives?.
    Latest update:

World of Warcraft: Classic will be released in Summer 2019. Anyone with a WoW subscription will have access to Classic.
    MadFrenchieThahar[Deleted User]deniterGobstopper3DDinasty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

blizzard just gifted me a Destiny 2 vanilla copy, what gives?.
    They announced that the basic Destiny 2 is free from now through November 18th and it's yours to keep forever.
    jgDuffay

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    YEEEESSSSS!  That cinematic was awesome!
    jgDuffay
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    SBFord

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited November 2018
    SBFord said:
    Latest update:

World of Warcraft: Classic will be released in Summer 2019. Anyone with a WoW subscription will have access to Classic.
    The dual-sub was a smart move.  I think Blizzars truly believes they can leverage some Classic lookey-loos riding in on the hype into sticking with the sub for Live.
    [Deleted User]deniter

Latest news:

Warcraft 3 is being remastered!
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Wellspringc0796

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

NephethkitaradPemminc0796

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    SBFord said:
    Latest news:

Warcraft 3 is being remastered!
    Holy shit, yes!
    Nepheth[Deleted User]jgDuffaykitarad
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Ashe looks awesome.
    TyranusPrime

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Summer 2019, that's sooner than I expected. Good announcement Blizz!
    [Deleted User]mikeb0817
  • PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    HAHAHAHAHAHA Diablo for Mobiles WHAT A JOKE
    [Deleted User]GaladournkitaraddeniterTacticalZombehArskaaa

l2p