Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOTRO Legendary Server Q & A Video.

immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

Sounds like it's just a progression server. Sad to hear the earlier content may not be balanced for trait trees.

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I didn't realize LOTRO players were screaming for this.  Now if you could revamp the combat and sincerely upgrade the graphics....
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Yeah, they're going to be releasing progressive expac/level updates every 4+ months they say, but they'll be taking some time on this Legendary server to pretty it up where possible. Everything else sounds like they'll be using current systems.

I thought it would've been more like a "Vanilla-type" server situation, but they said they can't even get to those old systems/mechanics on any current tech to reverse engineer the current systems back to what they were then.

I'm not sure of the point of this Legendary server now really if it plays just like the current servers, but only stops at a certain level. I was going to play this right away, but after I found out they won't have PvMP until down the road I was going to wait until then. But even then they'll be using current systems, so I won't get a chance to play PvMP like it was when it was at it's "peak."

Sorry I'm rambling, but would just rather they stop this side hustle stuff and really dug into maintenance/bug fixes/system & mechanic tuning/class balancing/and new & refined gameplay.

Why spread devs out on this fluff? If they want to pretty up areas of the game just do it to the main game instead of creating this extra stuff.....

And now we know why there's old bugs that are never going to go away, because they can't even get to the root cause/old systems to fix them.

Instead of wasting so much time/effort on a "new" Legendary server, maybe they should figure out how to crack into those old systems and improve things.

Ok, I'm done whining now. Thank you for not even reading this, but I feel better either way.  :p

Gut Out!
    immodium

What, me worry?