Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't believe people still think this game will be released.

BravnikBravnik Member UncommonPosts: 158
This game has been in production forever. Brad is great at setting high expectations and then not hitting any of them. He is a sell out to the MMO community. Look at what he has done in the past. He sold out Everquest, Sold out Vanguard (firing the whole team in a parking lot and not even man enough to show up) saying SOE would not be involved and then selling out to SOE again, this game has been in production for what 5 years or so now with a release date of 2020? Seriously? It's vaporware. If it is released it will be crap and unfinished. They will get their money from those stupid enough to buy it and they will dump it to SOE most likely (if not before hand).

There is the saying "Don't Hold Your Breath" that applies here. SOE, Brad and Smedly are the worst things to ever happen to MMO's.
WellspringmmolouKyleranMensurcraftseekerdelete5230KumaponVyntKilsinRueTheWhirland 20 others.

Comments

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    Is it for me? No. Do i think it will be a huge hit? No.

But if you were paying attention...they have been having streams showing off parts of the game with people playing it.

So what the final product will be, who knows?. But they could release something right now, that would probably be on par with some other low budget games and be somewhat playable.

Having doubts is fine, but do not let your yourself get so carried away that you ignore what you can see. Game will most likely, (i mean no one can say for sure) release eventually, and be a game that some will love, others will not. Same as any other game i guess. 
    Kylerancraftseekergervaise1GraeyMrMelGibsonPottedPlant22tweedledumb99ScotAnOldFartsakin13
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited November 2018

Bravnik said:

Dear 800+ people, including members of the videogame industry, currently testing Pantheon: 

It's vaporware. 
    Fixed for you
    Kyleran[Deleted User]HatefullcraftseekerVyntKilsinXarkoGladDogHawkaya399MrMelGibsonand 2 others.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Bravnik said:
    This game has been in production forever. Brad is great at setting high expectations and then not hitting any of them. He is a sell out to the MMO community. Look at what he has done in the past. He sold out Everquest, Sold out Vanguard (firing the whole team in a parking lot and not even man enough to show up) saying SOE would not be involved and then selling out to SOE again, this game has been in production for what 5 years or so now with a release date of 2020? Seriously? It's vaporware. If it is released it will be crap and unfinished. They will get their money from those stupid enough to buy it and they will dump it to SOE most likely (if not before hand).

There is the saying "Don't Hold Your Breath" that applies here. SOE, Brad and Smedly are the worst things to ever happen to MMO's.
    Odds are, you're right.  This game will go no where.  I just want you to know that doesn't make you a fucking Seer, guy.  It's real easy this day and age to call out mmorpg's and their developers when most games fall flat on their faces.

So my question to you is, what's your point?  
    [Deleted User]HatefullLeFantomegervaise1GdemamiGladDogScotNordicApacheHawkaya399MrMelGibsonand 2 others.
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    I would like to go on record saying that I 100% disagree with the OP and think this game will launch.

We'll see who's right...
    Mendel[Deleted User]HatefullcraftseekerKilsinGdemamimaskedweaseldcutbi001Thunder073Amatheand 5 others.
    --------------------------------------------
  • keinersonersterkeinersonerster Member UncommonPosts: 33
    I would like to go on record saying that I 100% disagree with the OP and think this game will launch.

We'll see who's right...
    I think it will release.  I just wonder what condition it will be in when it releases and if it can get enough subscribers to sustain itself.
    Scot
  • TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 430
    How do we flag a post as troll-spam? Asking for a friend.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]HatefullcraftseekerBrunlinKilsinUnicron-dcutbi001DragonJockeyMrMelGibsonand 2 others.
  • fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    OP has an infatuation with Smedley and Brad.
    Shame, shame, know your name 
    [Deleted User]
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    edited November 2018
    Pantheon has made more progress with less money and people than all the others I think. I would bank on this game releasing before I would Ashes , Camelot , Crowfall etc.
    JamesGoblinKilsinDaranarDragonJockeyMrMelGibson[Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Are Trion trolls looking for a new home or something after the Gamigo landlords took over?
    ceratop001Brunlindcutbi001MrMelGibson
  • BravnikBravnik Member UncommonPosts: 158
    edited November 2018
    I would bet most don't even know the history of Brad, SOE and Smedly. Look it up. There is a LONG history there. It's not that I wish for this game to fail as I would LOVE for Brad to come through on his promises. It's just the past has taught me that man is scum. You would have to have lived the Everquest saga, the Vanguard Saga, SOEs destroying SWG saga and such to understand where my pessimistic attitude comes from. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. I will never believe anything that comes from Brads mouth. He SWORE that SOE would have nothing to do with Vanguard and well we know what happened.

800 people playing? So what? That means nothing. Videos can be made to show more than there actually is. I have watched a lot of them and personally I'm not impressed at all. Again, I would LOVE for it to be everything they say.......I have just been burned too many times to trust Brad.

So believe what you wish, call me a Troll as I don't care. In the end you or I will be right. Based on past history I will put my money on me.

mmolouKylerancraftseekerRueTheWhirlSiugGdemamiBluelinerdcutbi001Azothtweedledumb99and 1 other.
  • itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    just like Shroud of the avatar , end up like this.
    hamlathis

• Mylan12Mylan12 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Bravnik said:
    I would bet most don't even know the history of Brad, SOE and Smedly. Look it up. There is a LONG history there. It's not that I wish for this game to fail as I would LOVE for Brad to come through on his promises. It's just the past has taught me that man is scum. You would have to have lived the Everquest saga, the Vanguard Saga, SOEs destroying SWG saga and such to understand where my pessimistic attitude comes from. Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me. I will never believe anything that comes from Brads mouth. He SWORE that SOE would have nothing to do with Vanguard and well we know what happened.

800 people playing? So what? That means nothing. Videos can be made to show more than there actually is. I have watched a lot of them and personally I'm not impressed at all. Again, I would LOVE for it to be everything they say.......I have just been burned too many times to trust Brad.

So believe what you wish, call me a Troll as I don't care. In the end you or I will be right. Based on past history I will put my money on me.

I not sure what Everquest saga you are talking about. For its day EQ seem fine to me. Brad left the EQ team and SOE in 2002. The game seem fine to me during that time.

Vanguard showed that you don't put brad in charge of  the financial part of development. He did foul that up. I beta tested vanguard for a year and actually like the game better in early beta than later on. It suffered from feature bloat as they keep changing and adding things to try and please the masses and ran out of money. Perhaps they should have shut the game down and not sold it to SOE ? 

Brad had nothing to do with what happened to SWG.
    WellspringcraftseekerBluelinerAzoth[Deleted User]
  • mmoloummolou Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Bravnik said:
     He SWORE that SOE would have nothing to do with Vanguard and well we know what happened.
    Yes, we do, SOE stepped in and saved the game, turned it around, made it better, and kept it running for a decent amount of time.

How dare they, shame on them I guess....
    KylerancraftseekerAmatheVyntDaranardcutbi001AzothMrMelGibsonTheScavenger[Deleted User]and 1 other.
    It is a funny world we live in.
    We had Empires run by Emperors, we had Kingdoms run by Kings, now we have Countries...
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    American MMORPGs don't release
    Asian/Korean MMORPGs release P2W
    Super Mario Bros is an MMO

This is your reality until Star Citizen releases.  :D
    KylerancraftseekerhamlathisBluelinerNordicApacheMrMelGibsonAnOldFartmcd6993
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Bravnik said:

If the shoe fits, feel free to wear it.  :D

SOE is no more. Smedley works for Amazon, and while responsible for much wrong in the past, his rescue of Vanguard when Microsoft wanted out wasn't an evil act.

Brad had no part in any of the other SOE drama having left in 2002 and as I recall he too lost his job when VG was sold, or not long afterwards.

Pantheon may not succeed and as the same with many I'm not putting in any money in now.

In all fairness Brad isn't going out of his way to continually fund raise nor even make much a public presence (wisely I think) so can't really slam him for much these days.

MendelmmolouSovrathcraftseekerHatefullVyntdcutbi001MrMelGibsongervaise1[Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Will Pantheon release?  I don't doubt that it will.  Brad may have his faults, but he has been involved with launching 2 major MMORPGs.  Not many people can say that.  So, I haven't had any doubts about VR releasing something, eventually, especially since they got outside funding.  Brad has been kept safely away from anything resembling financial control, so there's little chance of a fiasco.

Will Pantheon be successful?  This is the part where I have my doubts.  Throwback gaming conventions competing in a marketplace that seems to prize a much different style game; it's going to be a very tough sell.  There may simply not be as many devotees to this style of game to be sustainable.  It may be entirely possible that VR already has their core of 1000-2000 people who've bought into game at various stages.

In any case, the two questions are distinctly independent.

SandmanjwMrMelGibson

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    The SWG veterans made their own website about ten years ago.  I don't remember the name but you can dig it up in the SWG Veterans forum here.  Somewhere.  You might find a more welcoming crowd over there.  But even there they've lost most of their SOE, Smedley, McQuaid vitriol.  Who knows, you might be the one to re-ignite their smoldering hate.
    MrMelGibson
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    edited November 2018
    @Bravnik, I'm not fighting your opinion at all, and I ask the next question with all sincerity as I really want to know your answer, one way or another, and I understand everyone is/acts differently.

If you hate this guy so much and think this game is vaporware, why have you watched "a lot" of its videos?

When I can't stand someone/something I give them/it zero time.

It just seemed weird to me, but I'm weird so maybe it's all a wash.

Gut Out!

PS - And after posting this I thought, I've prbly made the same comments about other games on these very forums, so starting today doing this seems weird to me....ha
    KyleranMensurSovrathAmathed_20CryomatrixmaskedweaselNordicApacheMrMelGibsontweedledumb99and 2 others.

What, me worry?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited November 2018
    Gutlard said:
    @Bravnik, I'm not fighting your opinion at all, and I ask the next question with all sincerity as I really want to know your answer, one way or another, and I understand everyone is/acts differently.

If you hate this guy so much and think this game is vaporware, why have you watched "a lot" of its videos?

Gut Out!

PS - And after posting this I thought, I've prbly made the same comments about other games on these very forums, so starting today doing this seems weird to me....ha
    That's just so....weird...I am the same way, paying little attention to things I hate....like sushi, sports games and country music...

;)
    GutlardMensurHatefullMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Kyleran said:
    Gutlard said:

Gut Out!

That's just so....weird...I am the same way, paying little attention to things I hate....like sushi, sports games and country music...

;)
    *Throws away Kyleran's dinner ticket to the Country Western Sushi Bar on game night.*

Gut Out!
    Wellspringd_20KyleranGladDogNordicApachepenandpaperMrMelGibsonmcd6993

What, me worry?

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    Bravnik said:

Dumbest prediction and post i have seen on these forums! Brad will deliver! Trust me! He will deliver on this one! 
    hamlathis[Deleted User]mcd6993

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Bravnik said:

SOE is out of the gaming business, DBG (DayBreak Games) now has their titles, and I doubt they will do anything earth-shattering any time in the near future.

McQuaid is a drunken mess maker for certain, but he does release games. The know-how is there, the fiscal responsibility, accountability to his employees, and integrity...are all in question, to say the least, but he will put a game out. No doubt. Will it be an unfinished crap heap, no idea, will SOE step in to help, nope, they will not.

I do know the history of Brad and crew well, I also can read, I also remember further back when he did release games, I also remember Smedly releasing games and while I don't much care for either of them, they do have the ability. I am not saying they will follow through and end up with Everquest like results, but something will come of this endeavor.

It's very popular to jump on the bandwagon, white knight, bash, etc all these games or attempt at games but I don't think the answer will be found in either extreme rather somewhere in the middle. As usual.

So no, Chicken little, the sky is not falling, at least not all of it.
    MensurMendelNordicApacheMrMelGibsonmcd6993

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• Scott23Scott23 Member UncommonPosts: 293
    Kyleran said:
    Gutlard said:

Gut Out!

;)

Exactly.  I don't think a lot of Star Citizen - so I don't read their forums or piss on their opinions. :)
    Sovrathdcutbi001mcd6993
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    This game was scrapped from the Kickstarter, as in absolutely dead. One of the programmers that rejoined the team last year said as much in an interview. They scrapped the original game, minus some lore aspects, and completely rebuilt everything. It's only been in development about 2-3 years. Shortly after Chris Perkins took over is when the project was brought back to life. 

The big news as of late is that the game has seen significant investment, at least enough to secure Series B funding, and is now only supplementary crowd funded. It hasn't been revealed how much or who the big investors are.

KyleranHatefullScotdcutbi001MrMelGibsonBetaguysakin13
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I want all these kickstarter games to come out and be successful. I want more choices for us and perhaps a new gaming home. I just do not have any faith in the Kickstarter system. My gut feeling is this game will probably never come out.

Who knows? We can only hope for the best...
    hamlathisMrMelGibsonsakin13