Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beyond - Chapter Four | Announcement

rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
edited October 2018 in Elite: Dangerous
Cool short video of some things coming in Chapter 4.

Beta to start on October 30th

More focused testing this time as well by the looks of things

Erillion

Comments

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502

Exploration

The Analysis Mode with the improved Exploration Discovery Scanner and Detailed Discovery Scanner, is a game-changing, brand new way for all Commanders to explore the Milky Way galaxy. After the initial scan of the system, you will then be able to tune your scanners to find stellar bodies and other phenomena. Unidentified Signal Sources and conflict zones will also appear as dotted lines within this mode, allowing you to easily track down interesting or important things within the system. Not only is this new system a more realistic, satisfying and engaging exploration experience, but now you will be able to make more informed decisions on where to look next, and you will be more rewarded for your time spent exploring. Commanders will now have probes at their disposal to map the planetary surfaces, and planetary rings, in detail, to locate points of interest and leave your mark on the galaxy in a different way.

All of the above, in addition to the new in-game codex where Commanders will see a new way of recording their findings in both a collaborative and individual way, are just a few things coming with the changes to exploration. We're barely scratching the surface here with the changes to exploration, so make sure to tune in to the livestream on 18 October, to find out more.

Mining

Asteroid belts and planetary rings are about to get very busy. New tools and mechanics will provide a fresh, exciting and lucrative mining experience for all Elite Dangerous Commanders. Using new exploration mechanics, miners can investigate rings to locate the best spots to start their mining sessions, and then the best specific asteroids to probe and excavate for rewards. With the right amount of skill and expertise, the new Abrasion blaster, Sub-surface displacement missile, and Seismic charge launcher, will provide some exciting and explosive results.

Want to go deeper with these features and learn more about mining? Tune in to the livestream on 1 November, to find out more.

Squadrons

Squadrons is a new in-game way of uniting like-minded Commanders to support factions of their choice, take part in Community Goals together and compete for top spots in seasonal leader boards. New communication tools, including in-game chat channels, will help you blaze trails together, and leave your Squadron's mark on the galaxy.

Learn more about Squadrons in our livestream on 30 October.

...and more!

There's a number of other huge changes coming to Elite Dangerous, including visual improvements, background simulation updates, and (yet to be revealed) cockpit interface changes, and other features that we can't wait to tell you about.

Prior to the introduction of the content on the beta, we’ll be hosting a number of deep-dive livestreams with developer guests, where we showcase the content and you have the chance to voice your questions and comments.

The Chapter Four content reveal livestreams will be on the following dates:

• Exploration, Codex and Visual Improvements – 18 October (19:00 BST)
    • BGS and Scenario Interactions – 25 October (19:00 BST)
    • Squadrons – 30 October (19:00 GMT)
    • Mining – 01 November (19:00 GMT)
    • The Ships – 8 November (19:00 GMT)

Erillion
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    One thing I wish they would change in this game is the controls.

Well, not change, but add more default settings - or make control settings cloud based. The reason why I'm so on and off with this game is because every time I go back to it, I gotta relearn the complex controls which takes me another 1-2 hours.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Well, not change, but add more default settings - or make control settings cloud based. The reason why I'm so on and off with this game is because every time I go back to it, I gotta relearn the complex controls which takes me another 1-2 hours.
    I've found that the game is best played using a flightstick/keyboard combo, i wouldn't recommend using a gamepad but i guess it would be possible  :/
    rpmcmurphy
  • SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527

Look into  https://voiceattack.com/

https://www.hcsvoicepacks.com/ 

Can set them up to use any type of controls, i use keyboard and mouse and really just have to use direction keys and the mouse to shoot with. 

Everything else is all set up to use the voice commands . Do not have to remember all the keys and such. So playing a while then leaving and coming back is very easy. No learning all the stuff over and over. 

Good thing about voice attack....you can use it with pretty much every game that uses keyboard and mouse. Just takes a couple hours to get to know how it works then you can set up a profile of commands for pretty much any game to do what you want.

Best few bucks i ever spent...i use it on quite a lot of games i play. Anyone that does not like to use a mic may not like it...but anyone that can use em...very good way to do away with a lot of the hunting and learning all the keybinds in games. And best thing...the binds are always still there...but you can use either voice when you want or the binds, does not change the games setup at all.
    rpmcmurphyErillion
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Phry said:

I've found that the game is best played using a flightstick/keyboard combo, i wouldn't recommend using a gamepad but i guess it would be possible  :/
    Likewise, I do have a controller preset that I use if I'm off exploring for a long time but otherwise stick+keyboard works best for me.

@Sandmanjw Couldn't agree more, VoiceAttack is a really cool bit of software.
  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    I use a hotas http://www.thrustmaster.com/products/t16000m-fcs-hotas added to that voice attack and a Hcs voice pack https://www.hcsvoicepacks.com/

I don't have to even touch the keyboard or mouse. I only use the mouse inside stations when trading.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis