Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : TheHiveLeader's Guide to DPSing In MMOs

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : TheHiveLeader's Guide to DPSing In MMOs

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,511
    Thanks dad!
    SBFord

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I feel given the day,a Halloween type video would have been a better choice.
    seraphis79Octagon7711

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    It's a good one, HL, though as a (mainly) healer I liked the healer guide more - and our motto was way better...

The trinity blame game was so true, the other two blames both direction, while we healers only blame the dps. Rightfully, might I add, wipe is always the overachieving aggro-stealing dps' fault. :smiley:

Unfortunately the mentioned dps acronym (about we need them too) is correct sometimes... curse you, dps check, the dumbest mechanic out there, life would be so nice without it...
    -This message was approved by the epic group of 4 tanks and a healer (funny videos as well).
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    LOLz
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Tip #4 Always lie about how much DPS you can do and always bash people who can't do DPS.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    edited November 2018
    Learn to play the Sab class noob... That will give you highest dps. Louiscipher Out...
    Kwestorek1

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Rule One: Know yo' role.

Good video. Explains why I solo a lot. :-D
    TacticalZombeh

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Wah I actually feel sorry for DPS , now that's a first.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Always enjoy your videos. But you are just scaring people with this one about playing a DPS. What you describe here is only needed for the most dedicated players who want to do challenging content. Which rarely exists anymore anyway.

So here are the skills you actually need as DPS:
    - DPS on mode
    - DPS off mode
    - Don't stand in circles !

The later two are only required in rare circumstances and will probably be announced by the group/raid leader. For 90%+ of the content number 1 is sufficient.

In the beginning something like a pure DPS class didn't even exist. Everyone was supposed to do dps beside their main tasks (tank, heal, support). But yeah, that changed over time.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    As a healer I have no sympathy for any DPSer. They are usually the ones that stand on things they should not and don't do a good job of not drawing aggro so letting them die is a great solution.
    Chamber of Chains
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Well done, very well done! All true.
  • Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 286
    I played tank/healer in PvE for over a decade and just switched recently (2years ago) to DPS.

Since then it is really hard for me to play healer again.
    - I let them die when they stay stupidly long in AoE or just keep stealing aggro
    - I am very annoyed by bad DPS as I know that you could do much better.
    - Even own guild mates piss me off now if they do the stuff DPS should avoid (do no damage, don't leave red zones, attack the wrong mobs, play semi-effective builds,...)

1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon