Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hay Renfail.... All going good still ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
It's been weeks, 
I understand pre-alpha and the importance of timing with advertisement, It's early. 

Is the team still working hard when time permits? 
Please don't take this as pressure, but many of us are counting on a true mmorpg.  It's done, when its done.

Thanks in advance, 
You've been great to us and your passion shows :)

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
      You can follow Renfail , and SOL progress here ...

Renfail
  • RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,638
    All relevant information about our game, our schedules, and the like, are over at www.sagaoflucimia.com, our forums, and more importantly, our newsletter. 

We usually only check here when we have a new build out the door and we are ready to talk about the latest new things. 

Short version: 

Release #11 got an official window as of yesterday: December 8th - 14th. 

The Volume I novel is coming out in mid-January; it's currently with beta readers and will be available for pre-order by December 1st. 

We are currently in talks with investors for the next stage of our growth. Ironically, about a week after Trion was bought out by Gamigo, they also approached us (and I'm sure a lot of other companies; they had a shotgun pitch deck they sent us that didn't interest us, but we did have a productive conversation about potential publishing partnerships later on down the road). More infoz in the newsletter below.

We'll be closing the pre-order store down sometime in early/mid 2019, moving into alpha, and will remain closed until we hit beta, at which point we'll be opening it up again with a base, deluxe, and collector's edition. 

Release #12 is scheduled for March. See the latest newsletter for more info. 

ScorchienMadFrenchieKyleranmmolouConstantineMerus[Deleted User]Lokero
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Wandering Hermits Patreon
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Renfail said:
    All relevant information about our game, our schedules, and the like, are over at www.sagaoflucimia.com, our forums, and more importantly, our newsletter. 

We usually only check here when we have a new build out the door and we are ready to talk about the latest new things. 

Short version: 

The Volume I novel is coming out in mid-January; it's currently with beta readers and will be available for pre-order by December 1st. 

We are currently in talks with investors for the next stage of our growth. Ironically, about a week after Trion was bought out by Gamigo, they also approached us (and I'm sure a lot of other companies; they had a shotgun pitch deck they sent us that didn't interest us, but we did have a productive conversation about potential publishing partnerships later on down the road). More infoz in the newsletter below.

We'll be closing the pre-order store down sometime in early/mid 2019, moving into alpha, and will remain closed until we hit beta, at which point we'll be opening it up again with a base, deluxe, and collector's edition. 

Totally understandable Renfail,  
    Saga of Lucimia has much work left to do.  You've been great to us even on a personal level tailored to our site.  At this point we should be following the official web for our information before you go full public. 

Actually I was just checking to be sure your with us is all...And you are :) 

Knowing the game is moving forward is fine by me, keep up the great work !
    Renfail
  • RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,638
    Renfail said:

Short version: 

Totally understandable Renfail,  
    Saga of Lucimia has much work left to do.  You've been great to us even on a personal level tailored to our site.  At this point we should be following the official web for our information before you go full public. 

Actually I was just checking to be sure your with us is all...And you are :) 

Knowing the game is moving forward is fine by me, keep up the great work !
    Yep!

Another thing that some people seem to forget, is that we aren't *only* developing the MMORPG. 

While yes, that's our flagship property, and it's what the bulk of the team are working on, there are also the novels and the tabletop game in the works. 

There are a lot of moving parts. 

The further we get into development, the more silence folks are going to see from our end. 

Especially once we hit our 2019 milestone of alpha. We'll be turning off the pre-order store at that point, and there will be a good two year chunk of radio silence. The only ones who will be seeing or hearing anything about our project will be those folks on the inside who are part of our Early Access community, and they'll be locked down via NDA. 

So yeah...it all comes back to "best place for info is our own website". 

At least until we're ready for beta and marketing. And that's quite a ways off yet. 
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Wandering Hermits Patreon