Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shroud of the Avatar Officially Announced as a Free to Play Title - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited November 2018
    LeFantome said:

flizzer said:

You seriously need to pay to post in chat?

Global chat, yeah. It's a paywall to prevent rampant spamming. You can use the other channels if you haven't paid anything, but we don't need the spam advertisements for plumming that are showing up on the forums to start being in global chat.
    Do you hear what you're saying ? To prevent rampant spamming ??

You're wrong. they do that for money purposes. Nothing else.

As you also need to pay to post on their forum..Don't tell me it's to prevent spamming. as they deleted anything related to bad or constructive comments. So for spamming………….

They need MONEY,  before they go bankrupt.
    This should be self evident by now, yet keeps needing to be reposted. 

Do gamers ever take a basic business or finance course?

Of course the "justifications" people swallow are a bit remarkable as well, everyone should know better by now.
    Renfail

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Aron_SwordmasterAron_Swordmaster Member UncommonPosts: 181

Hey, maybe you should just let it go.  It seems like a lot to put yourself through over a video game, no?

I've forgotten again, what is the reason for not just walking away?

Sometimes you have to ask yourself this question which I often do when involved in a protracted disagreement with my wife.

Would I rather be proven "right" or be at peace?

We sometimes tend to create our own "hells"

This is not healthy shit dude , from all your posts ive read you need to move on from it ..

Its not worth it and not healthy at all...

Lol you wrote above you just spent the last 2 months of your life on this rant ... WTF man you cant get that back , and no game is worth this mental anquish its caused you ....

Move along .....

Don't worry, I'd already scripted the part of the video talking about how admitting to any sort of suffering online triggers the response that you're now a nice easy source of drama for everyone, instead of them paying any attention too, or especially having any empathy for what you've just said... I don't need any more screenshots proving that! I've plenty, believe me!

Indeed, I was actually looking for the comments I recalled here from a certain user hypocritically complaining about someone else supposedly trying to use MMORPG.coms forums to silence people, to go with the ones where he actively does that himself elsewhere. He's provided enough, it's fine believe me!

But to just answer the bizarre questions;

Yes, letting it go would be great. Maybe even going and playing other games: When my stalker isn't shutting those down as well too, that is. Funnily enough, it's not actually my choice to decide what someone stalking me chooses to do.

Would I rather be proven right or at peace? Strangely, Peace doesn't seem to be in the options I've previously described. And funnily enough again, it's also not actually my choice as to who else he directs his threats towards.

It's not worth it and not healthy at all? Glad we agree! Funnily enough, comments directed towards me won't change the mind's of third parties. If they had, he would have stopped months ago after his supposed little victory of a ban here, and then the world really would be a healthier, nicer place.

Does it need to be spelt out to you all?

Sadly online it does.

It was the criticism of a computer game which set off 2 years of obsessive stalking and harassment, but directed at, not in any way welcomed by me. Do you think when I backed Shroud, I ever imagined having to fight my childhood heroes in court because they thought it was funny to protect someone they knew I had police reports on?

Oh, there are RMTs piggy backing off the harassment, using it to try and throw up dirt to obscure anyone pointing out what they're really up too; but that's just typical online trash talk as far as I am concerned. It's sick, and shows who they really are, but that's not the issue.

Just because you don't read, or don't want to understand the information given to you though, doesn't mean the issue is as shallow as your interest in it is.

After hacking into my email, if he hadn't then tried to target vulnerable people he learned about there simply for knowing me, I wouldn't have needed to act to protect others. Remember when MassivelyOP.com ran the article titled "
    Shroud of the Avatar plans launch celebration while Reddit community debate sub’s existence"?
    That was because at that point he'd taken over the entire sub-reddit with constant threads ranting about me over and over again, including dropping public hints that my family would be raped and killed if I kept criticising the game Even on Christmas Day.

In the communication with Portalarium, he actually stated yes, he harasses me, but I make him do it. They needed to act against me, to stop him being compelled to gaslight me, before I went mad. And even after they banned my account, he still didn't stop.

THAT is what Shroud's community and development is really like. And in fact, when the game dies, which is almost certainly soon, it may get worse because this unhinged lunatic will then blame me for it. And again, as it needs spelling out, his threats keep including the fact he knows the identity of an ex girlfriend in particular. For his previous victims, he went after their children.

Pray such things never happen to you, or that if they do, pray by then that the people online have discovered the empathy you don't currently have for others right now.

I don't expect any of you now to have it. I'll fight by myself, for myself and my loved ones. I will see it stopped. If Peace isn't on the table, I'll see that Right is done at least.

Remember, like Ultima IV taught us to do? And that's why Shroud today is one of the blackest jokes of all.

JamesGoblin
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Pay-to-chat is an absurd money grubbing gimmick, like the entire game.  If you want to control spam from gold sellers, all you have to do is put a reasonable level minimum on the ability to chat in global.  Make it so you have to put a few hours of leveling in first.  And for those who do still spam in global, disable their accounts.  No gold seller is going to spend five hours leveling an account if they know it's just going to be banned anyway.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Pay-to-chat is an absurd money grubbing gimmick, like the entire game.  If you want to control spam from gold sellers, all you have to do is put a reasonable level minimum on the ability to chat in global.  Make it so you have to put a few hours of leveling in first.  And for those who do still spam in global, disable their accounts.  No gold seller is going to spend five hours leveling an account if they know it's just going to be banned anyway.
     Well the lvl minimum approach has not stopped Gold Sellers in any game it been implameneted in .. They are lvling 2 of there next spammers while spamming .. Makes no difference to them at all
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VladamirBegemotVladamirBegemot Member UncommonPosts: 100
    LeFantome said:

flizzer said:

You seriously need to pay to post in chat?

Global chat, yeah. It's a paywall to prevent rampant spamming. You can use the other channels if you haven't paid anything, but we don't need the spam advertisements for plumming that are showing up on the forums to start being in global chat.
    Do you hear what you're saying ? To prevent rampant spamming ??

You're wrong. they do that for money purposes. Nothing else.

As you also need to pay to post on their forum..Don't tell me it's to prevent spamming. as they deleted anything related to bad or constructive comments. So for spamming………….

They need MONEY,  before they go bankrupt.

So they're going to be saved by $1 purchases? Seems unlikely. 

Maybe by the $9 Rewards Program, but not by a single $1 purchase.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Kind of comical and misleading here.It was ALWAYS designed as a f2p game,they were simply taking advantage of anyone willing to put money up front.When the game was first going online,i remember looking over the cash shop and literally everything was in it.

I endorse a one cost for all,a subscription,no other format is acceptable.Run the course of getting free handouts,now try the next angle,invite everyone and hope they spend.
    This is not good business,it sticks out like a sore thumb,you make a good game based on your finances.You don't try to make a large mmorpg on gamer's money.
    ScotNildenEarthgirl

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Someone on Steam forum added this: "And by finishing a story you can get a property deed and row home, so housing is now available for free accounts."

Missed this first time around on this thread, sorry; To be precise, you get a Player Owned Town Only Row Lot. It can't be placed in an NPC town, which means you're at the mercy of who ever owns the actual Town itself.

Which as a certain RMT on these forums, on his older sockpuppet on Reddit once admitted, at one point it allowed the owner to send the tenant's entire possessions to your own bank account by redesigning the PoT and resetting their home too. And this happened long after the servers went persistent.

I don't know if fun bugs like that still exist, but with such a terrible, greed obsessed playerbase, would you want to risk it?

Also there's Taxed and Untaxed Lot deeds, in both PoT only and Full Placement; in the past it was claimed only Kickstarter backers would get the Untaxed, so I'd expect (but don't know for sure) that the Quest Row Deed is also a Taxed PoT deed.

Because the lands are fixed not instanced, and because of the "Land Rush" in July 2016, and not paying tax and so avoiding unpaid tax resetting the homes, all the (in theory) high traffic spots for trading are being camped by Kickstarters. If you want to start getting desirable, or profitable homes, or even just a bigger than the smallest possible one, you'll still have to start dealing with Real Money Trading.

Incidentally, before I removed all my funding, I was eligible for an Untaxed, longer grace period Kickstarter deed myself and would have had a shot at some of the better Lots; this wouldn't have effected me then, but the principles of it all are still wrong.
    JamesGoblin
    Wizardry said:
    Kind of comical and misleading here.It was ALWAYS designed as a f2p game,they were simply taking advantage of anyone willing to put money up front.When the game was first going online,i remember looking over the cash shop and literally everything was in it.

I endorse a one cost for all,a subscription,no other format is acceptable.Run the course of getting free handouts,now try the next angle,invite everyone and hope they spend.
    This is not good business,it sticks out like a sore thumb,you make a good game based on your finances.You don't try to make a large mmorpg on gamer's money.

But what they SOLD us at Kickstarter was exactly what you say it should have been, a Buy to Own game like the original Ultimas, with no microtransactions.  For years they deceived the backers claiming the fund raising was just to finish development of "Episode 1", even though the Kickstarter was supposed to be enough to complete 5 episodes. 

The reason the game is doing so disastrously is that the bait and switch didn't work. Outside people, like yourself, see the cash store and run, and the prior backers aren't coming back because they know they've been swindled.

But Portalarium, or at least certain staff members, think it's an organised conspiracy which is thwarting them; they really do believe that all they had to do was get the funding from Ultima fans to build a F2P mobile economy style game, and then millions of new users would come in and drown out the critics.  It wouldn't matter what we thought then.

That's why they're so obsessed with the criticism; they think it's all about controlling the public narrative, and any one resisting that narrative must be preventing their success. The fact the game is bobbins and the funding model outrageously offensive just doesn't occur to them.

Even though "Ultimate Collector" previously failed for the same reasons...

EarthgirlJamesGoblin
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919

Hey, maybe you should just let it go.  It seems like a lot to put yourself through over a video game, no?

After hacking into my email, if he hadn't then tried to target vulnerable people he learned about there simply for knowing me, I wouldn't have needed to act to protect others. Remember when MassivelyOP.com ran the article titled "> Shroud of the Avatar plans launch celebration while Reddit community debate sub’s existence"? That was because at that point he'd taken over the entire sub-reddit with constant threads ranting about me over and over again, including dropping public hints that my family would be raped and killed if I kept criticising the game Even on Christmas Day.

In the communication with Portalarium, he actually stated yes, he harasses me, but I make him do it. They needed to act against me, to stop him being compelled to gaslight me, before I went mad. And even after they banned my account, he still didn't stop.

THAT is what Shroud's community and development is really like. And in fact, when the game dies, which is almost certainly soon, it may get worse because this unhinged lunatic will then blame me for it. And again, as it needs spelling out, his threats keep including the fact he knows the identity of an ex girlfriend in particular. For his previous victims, he went after their children.

Pray such things never happen to you, or that if they do, pray by then that the people online have discovered the empathy you don't currently have for others right now.

Isn't that a criminal offense ,what you described sounds criminal. Why don't you report that person who threatened your family to the police?
    Earthgirl

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

So they're going to be saved by $1 purchases? Seems unlikely. 

Maybe by the $9 Rewards Program, but not by a single $1 purchase.
    All of it reeks of desperation and greed. I bet he would use the death of his own mother to sell stuff in the cash shop and try to sell his own blood, right along side those golden castles for thousands of dollars, and the beg-a-thons... Oh wait... I don't have to bet on an imaginary situation that's just reality.

smh
    JamesGoblin

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• VladamirBegemotVladamirBegemot Member UncommonPosts: 100
    edited November 2018

Someone on Steam forum added this: "And by finishing a story you can get a property deed and row home, so housing is now available for free accounts."
    This didn't quote right, the following is a continuation:

Missed this first time around on this thread, sorry; To be precise, you get a Player Owned Town Only Row Lot. It can't be placed in an NPC town, which means you're at the mercy of who ever owns the actual Town itself.

Which as a certain RMT on these forums, on his older sockpuppet on Reddit once admitted, at one point it allowed the owner to send the tenant's entire possessions to your own bank account by redesigning the PoT and resetting their home too. And this happened long after the servers went persistent.

-----

My reply:

You are purposeful lying, that has been answered many times, directly to you. Your habit of lying about what is in your links is a personal attack when they are aimed at me. Reporting. Please stop with the relentless harassment.

One, I didn't redesign the POT, it happened to a POT I was in.

Two systems are in place that now prevent this, all the items would go to the land owners own bank. You know this, you follow the game obsessively, and are willfully lying, you have been corrected about 100 times now.

Three, that guys stuff is STILL sitting in my basement, and will be until the end of time. He can have it back the moment he returns to the game, if he ever does. If he doesn't I will never use it.

Any mods here who would like to come see the basement with all his stuff, you are welcome to.

The person I am replying to has a long history of purposely harassing me, lying about me, and he is doing it here.
    [Deleted User]JamesGoblin