Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Reveals Playtime Limits for World of Warcraft: Classic Demo - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlizzard Reveals Playtime Limits for World of Warcraft: Classic Demo - MMORPG.com

When the World of Warcraft: Classic demo debuts once BlizzCon gets underway tomorrow, players will have a limit to how long they can play before being "booted" and unable to play for a short period of time. After an hour's cumulative playtime, you'll have to wait for the 30 minute Global Cool Down in order to play again.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    played vanilla&burning crusade for 15 months then sold my account because this game is the greatest drug ever.
    Mensurblamo2000
  • AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Seems reasonable.

Being able to play for an hour, then just wait thirty minutes between sessions, isn't overly restrictive imho. Better than I was expecting.
    LeiHngWeiKilraneRueTheWhirl
  • stebo104stebo104 Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Honestly I am hoping classic wow is successful so they'll (vary possibly) do same with BTC and/or Wrath. I never played vanilla and may re-sub when classic goes live. Undead warrior or orc-hunter as first toon (heck may even lvl both in 10-15 lvl brackets). Just hope bliz will do something to keep asian gold farmers from being a problem.
    JeffSpicoliRueTheWhirl
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    stebo104 said:
    Honestly I am hoping classic wow is successful so they'll (vary possibly) do same with BTC and/or Wrath. I never played vanilla and may re-sub when classic goes live. Undead warrior or orc-hunter as first toon (heck may even lvl both in 10-15 lvl brackets). Just hope bliz will do something to keep asian gold farmers from being a problem.
    Classic is a incredible experience, The best way i can describe it is everything feels meaningful. From the mobs you farm and what they drop to the copper and silver you earn. Your profession and crafting skills are actually useful. Imagine having to actually make descions in a skill tree that will be impactful and determine how you play. Imagine more than 5 zones at your disposal during the leveling process. Its quite awesome and will make you loathe retail, BE WARNED!
    XingbairongMensurjgDuffayAlomarThaharhalfmysticPanserbjorne39infomatzRueTheWhirlblamo2000
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177
    I wonder if the first new level 60 with a mount will be posted on Saturday or Sunday Morning ..... there will be some smug guild out there that have been warming up ready with every dodgy quest and node app possible.
    mikeb0817
  • KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    You absolutely know there will be amazingly fast world firsts. Then what to do after that???
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    As an aside, I've noticed that I haven't stayed logged in on the live servers for more than 5 mins each day for the past week. Anyone else notice they've been logging in less and feeling okay about it?
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

Albatroes said:

As an aside, I've noticed that I haven't stayed logged in on the live servers for more than 5 mins each day for the past week. Anyone else notice they've been logging in less and feeling okay about it?

I've been like that for 2-3 weeks now. I log just to check if there are some worthwhile WQ that give a lot of gold(like 15 Anchor Weed for example) I do it, send followers on mission, put crap on AH and log out.
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    rofl its like simulated server instability at back a launch....nostalgia yay
  • mmoloummolou Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Ok, but when is Classic going live? 
    TheScavenger
    It is a funny world we live in.
    We had Empires run by Emperors, we had Kingdoms run by Kings, now we have Countries...
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,513

mmolou said:

Ok, but when is Classic going live? 

when its ready bro! When its ready! <3

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237
    I just watched the announcement from last year, I don't care if blizzcon sucks this year. Where finally getting what we wanted for so long ! .. I think i do, but i don't .. oh fuck yes i do !
  • pratt12200pratt12200 Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Can't wait to see if they hold true to what Vanilla was or if they make a bastardized version to appease the casuals. If there aren't 40 man raids, Pally's and Shaman faction locked. No Shaman dual wield or pally and bear tanks then it's trash. Either way the tears are going to flow from one group or another lol. If they stay true to real vanilla all the people who have heard of how great it is and want to play are going to QQ if they bastardize the true purest are going to.
  • unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388

Pemmin said:

rofl its like simulated server instability at back a launch....nostalgia yay

This.

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Shit, vanilla was a broken slog of systems and pain, have fun with all that. This is just Blizzard going in for the "I told ya so" when the classic crowd dies a few months after launch cause they realize it wasn't as great as they remember.
    KalebGraysonTindale111mikeb0817[Deleted User]Panserbjorne39XarkommolouRueTheWhirl
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    This isn't a beta restriction.  This is a Classic feature.  Blizzard doesn't need any of you nerds dying in the middle of a gaming cafe.
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited November 2018

Hashbrick said:

Shit, vanilla was a broken slog of systems and pain, have fun with all that. This is just Blizzard going in for the "I told ya so" when the classic crowd dies a few months after launch cause they realize it wasn't as great as they remember.

For a lot of games this would hold true, but for years now private servers have been thriving with some of them having higher population than 95% of Blizz live servers, so even if it's not as popular as people expect it's still going to have more than enough people for few servers to be bustling with activity.

Also how is classic going to die in few months when in few months most people wouldn't have covered even 10% of the game, unlike with the latest expansions where you need 1-2 months to get through everything except for Mythic raid end bosses(tho some people do that as well in that time frame)

Hashbrick said:

Also how is classic going to die in few months when in few months most people wouldn't have covered even 10% of the game, unlike with the latest expansions where you need 1-2 months to get through everything except for Mythic raid end bosses(tho some people do that as well in that time frame)

It happens when the realization of nostalgia is one hell of a bitch. It's the boredom and missing the systems that will create conflict such as, "oh ya classic doesn't have x, I liked x". Sure there may be diehards or people and groups jumping in to be the first of w/e, but after that dust settles, there won't be much around.
    mmolouRueTheWhirl
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited November 2018
    Classic was built at a time when Pen' n' Paper RPGs still had some fading impact on game design, hence the choices available to players, the limitation to races/classes, etc; in other words, at a time when the goal was not to design a game that offers instant satisfaction to everybody, but a game that rewards those who put time into developing their character.
    From Classic onward, it's downhill for MMOs imho.
    Ukurvmikeb0817[Deleted User]infomatzRueTheWhirl
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Hashbrick said:

Hashbrick said:

It happens when the realization of nostalgia is one hell of a bitch. It's the boredom and missing the systems that will create conflict such as, "oh ya classic doesn't have x, I liked x". Sure there may be diehards or people and groups jumping in to be the first of w/e, but after that dust settles, there won't be much around.
    1 million accounts in Nostalrius beg to differ...
    mikeb0817

Galadourn said:

Hashbrick said:

Hashbrick said:

That will drill down to 10% of those numbers...
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    thunderC said:
    stebo104 said:
    Classic is a incredible experience, The best way i can describe it is everything feels meaningful. From the mobs you farm and what they drop to the copper and silver you earn. Your profession and crafting skills are actually useful. Imagine having to actually make descions in a skill tree that will be impactful and determine how you play. Imagine more than 5 zones at your disposal during the leveling process. Its quite awesome and will make you loathe retail, BE WARNED!
    The goggles are sooooooooo tinted on this one.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    So basically, Blizzard wants to remind people about the horrible server instability that plagued Vanilla?
    YaevinduskRueTheWhirl
    edited November 2018

Stizzled said:

Hashbrick said:

Galadourn said:

Hashbrick said:

Hashbrick said:

That will drill down to 10% of those numbers...

You wouldn't consider 100,000 players successful?

Absolutely not, we are talking about WOW here. That's less than 1% of the "peak" community.
    mmolou
  • viney123viney123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Who here thinks big streamers will be waived of the playtime limits? <--