Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How's it going?

NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
So WOW and ESO are coming around in my gaming rotation.

I left ESO just before Summerset Launch with a mDK, am I screwed?

Any opinions on which class and spec has been consistently good to play after each expansion? 
To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Not sure these game forums get a lot of traffic Norse.  May wanna try posting this in a different section to get more responses.  I came here to look for a thread about mods and just saw your post!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    According to forum "wisdom", or at least all the PvPers whining :), the FOTM build at the moment is Stamina NB using Torug's Pact and dual wielding with 2 infused axes with glyphs of decrease health on both. They're maxing the weapon enchanment procs of the 2 axes as well as the axe bleed DOT since that just got buffed for Murkmire (previously there was a timer that affected both weapons together when dual wielding and that was changed to each weapon proc having its own individual timer so they proc more often now.)

But personally I'm playing whatever and currently by dual bow stam warden. 
    MadFrenchiegervaise1YashaX
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    According to forum "wisdom", or at least all the PvPers whining :), the FOTM build at the moment is Stamina NB using Torug's Pact and dual wielding with 2 infused axes with glyphs of decrease health on both. They're maxing the weapon enchanment procs of the 2 axes as well as the axe bleed DOT since that just got buffed for Murkmire (previously there was a timer that affected both weapons together when dual wielding and that was changed to each weapon proc having its own individual timer so they proc more often now.)

How is a Magicka Sorc in PvP?  What build would be recommended, and how much room is there for preference in this role?  I've come back to the game because in taking a break from WoW.  Starting all over on a new character to try and stay strictly in the areas I never played through previously.  I'd like to enjoy PvP along the way.

Iselin said:

How is a Magicka Sorc in PvP?  What build would be recommended, and how much room is there for preference in this role?  I've come back to the game because in taking a break from WoW.  Starting all over on a new character to try and stay strictly in the areas I never played through previously.  I'd like to enjoy PvP along the way.

Not sure frankly. I've been doing very little PvP lately and none since the Murkmire changes.

The sorc PvP meta used to be all about stacking double or triple shield bubbles but that was the nerfing target for this cycle... much screaming was had by all :)

If it were me going into PvP with a sorc right now I'd check out Alcast's build (although he hasn't updated it for Murkmire yet) and then modify it to suit me:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pvp-build1/ 
    MadFrenchie
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited November 2018
    Iselin said:
    Iselin said:

Not sure frankly. I've been doing very little PvP lately and none since the Murkmire changes.

The sorc PvP meta used to be all about stacking double or triple shield bubbles but that was the nerfing target for this cycle... much screaming was had by all :)

If it were me going into PvP with a sorc right now I'd check out Alcast's build (although he hasn't updated it for Murkmire yet) and then modify it to suit me:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pvp-build1/ 
    That was the one I've been modeling after so far.  Looks like he may have to do some shuffling of the defensive skills reference the Murkmire changes.

Btw, Murkmire gives so much extra lore and insight into who the Argonians are as individuals and a society.  I liked that (I dabbled a bit before heading off to Glenumbra to do questing in the base game I never did before).  Really cool DLC zone.

My only preference would likely be to avoid weapon switching any more than necessary.  I dislike doing so, but can handle if it I'm not constantly going back and forth every fight.

My only preference would likely be to avoid weapon switching any more than necessary.  I dislike doing so, but can handle if it I'm not constantly going back and forth every fight.
    Most of us do that. I think of them as my "main" bar and "support" bar. Whenever possible I put my longer duration buffs and dots on my back bar and keep my instants and spammables on my main bar. When using two different weapons you can't really do that 100% but I do it as much as possible.

More advanced players - especially the hard mode trials folk -  use bar swap as the main way to cancel ability animations since abilities cancel weapon animations but not the other way arounf. To cancel ability animation you need to block or bash (at empty space lol) or bar swap, so they tend to bar swap much more than us regular folk.
    MadFrenchie

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Im enjoyin my Stam NB , still moving along , just hit cp 323 and changed up all my gear , trying alot of different stuff atm .. Just got a Hundings bow and dual Hunding daggers, using 5 Hunding and 5 Spriggarn and getting some nice results with that .. Need to settle on a Monster set thinking Velidreth or Stormfists .. leaning towards just grabbing Storm for now ..
    Scorchien said:
    Im enjoyin my Stam NB , still moving along , just hit cp 323 and changed up all my gear , trying alot of different stuff atm .. Just got a Hundings bow and dual Hunding daggers, using 5 Hunding and 5 Spriggarn and getting some nice results with that .. Need to settle on a Monster set thinking Velidreth or Stormfists .. leaning towards just grabbing Storm for now ..
    Velidreth and Selene's are my two favorite stamina monster sets - they both proc often and do good damage. Selene is especially awesome on a stamina Warden since the visuals of a ghost bear attack just fit the Warden theme so well.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited November 2018
    Iselin said:
    Scorchien said:
    Velidreth and Selene's are my two favorite stamina monster sets - they both proc often and do good damage. Selene is especially awesome on a stamina Warden since the visuals of a ghost bear attack just fit the Warden theme so well.
    the Ghost Bear goes off a lot and is very cool effect :)..

Should i bother with Storm , thought i could that easier and then work on Vel ?

Scorchien said:
    Iselin said:
    Scorchien said:

Vet Selene's is pretty easy too as long as you have a tank that knows what he's doing in that last fight. A lot of people want that mask so it should be easy to put together a group in zone chat to do it.

I don't personally like Stormfist because the stone hand it spawns is static and then it does three tiny damage DOTs and one big one at the end when it closes. Only the most static of bosses stand in it long enough to get hammered with that last tick. In my experience the damage is usually wasted.
    Scorchien

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    Scorchien said:
    Iselin said:
    Scorchien said:

Vet Selene's is pretty easy too as long as you have a tank that knows what he's doing in that last fight. A lot of people want that mask so it should be easy to put together a group in zone chat to do it.

I don't personally like Stormfist because the stone hand it spawns is static and then it does three tiny damage DOTs and one big one at the end when it closes. Only the most static of bosses stand in it long enough to get hammered with that last tick. In my experience the damage is usually wasted.
    aight thx
  • SaunZSaunZ Member UncommonPosts: 472
    don't over think builds in ESO...  just know that if I find you in Cryodiil I will rek you!

Sz :smile: