Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If anyone pre-ordered this...

RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,526
Do me a favor and tell me if this guys parody is accurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=koV7ZZB2Ufw

JeffSpicoli

Comments

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,526
    Actually, it's worse than I thought. Beta testers ended up with a game that deletes itself when trying to play it.
    IselinPhryXarko

• XarkoXarko Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Yes, except the graphics are not this good.
    Rhoklaw
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,901
    Rhoklaw said:
    Actually, it's worse than I thought. Beta testers ended up with a game that deletes itself when trying to play it.
    Good ole Bethesda. First thing I do whenever I have played one of their games at release is hit the internet to find the workarounds for their catastrophic bugs.

FO4 was actually one of their better releases in that respect - all I had in that one was some disappearing textures. I can't remember exactly what change I had to make to video settings to get Skyrim to work but without it the game ran like molasses on a high end system.
    Rhoklaw
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 10,992
    Bethesda, making a solid argument which highlights the follies of pre-ordering.  ;)
    Rhoklaw
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 469
    I managed to get into Fallout 76 beta and i'm not overly impressed with the visuals. I ran it at max settings in 4K  (i7, 1080ti,16gb ram) and the distance was very blurry, even close up the textures didn't look that good. Game ran well and it felt like a Fallout game. Didn't play it for very long as the beta started at 11PM - 4AM UK time.
    Rhoklaw
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 33,902
    edited October 2018
    Rhoklaw said:
    Clearly the devs should be congratulated for putting in AI which can discern the worthiness of the tester and if found unfit the game deletes itself.

BOS "White" Knights to the rescue.   

B)
    ConstantineMerusRhoklawScot

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited October 2018
    Xarko said:
    Yes, except the graphics are not this good.
    Of course they aren't,  the game is still in beta and isn't launching for over 3 weeks.....they'll  replace the placeholder graphics with the real ones before launch in the final patch, you'll see.

BOS "White" Knights to the rescue.

B)
    ConstantineMerusXarkoRhoklawMensurGrunty

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,167
    edited October 2018
    My super low expectations were pretty much met. So while I wasn't disappointed with the beta - due to my rock bottom expectations - the game wasn't exactly something I would spend money on.

The whole thing felt like a F4 mod not a new game to me - I'd spend about $7 to $10 on it tops.

There's absolutely no way F76 should cost as much as a new game - that's just insane IMO.

RhoklawJeffSpicoliTrolldefender99
    edited October 2018
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    I managed to get into Fallout 76 beta and i'm not overly impressed with the visuals. I ran it at max settings in 4K  (i7, 1080ti,16gb ram) and the distance was very blurry, even close up the textures didn't look that good. Game ran well and it felt like a Fallout game. Didn't play it for very long as the beta started at 11PM - 4AM UK time.
    Duh....as they are designing the game to be playable by gamers using inferior hardware such as the XBox with the power equivalent of an average smart TV, they have to handicap power users such as yourself to keep it more fair.

At least they didn't try to run on a Switch, or other equivalents like the Apple Watch.

As for the beta start times,  people in the UK really don't play games like this, not like it is set in post apocalyptic Bournemouth or something. ;)

You guys even know where Appalachia is? OK if you don't,  many Americans don't either, geography not exactly being our long suit.

Whew. 

BOS  "White" Knights to the rescue.

B)
    ConstantineMerusRhoklawMensurMadFrenchie

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,526
    Kyleran said:
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    Duh....as they are designing the game to be playable by gamers using inferior hardware such as the XBox with the power equivalent of an average smart TV, they have to handicap power users such as yourself to keep it more fair.

At least they didn't try to run on a Switch, or other equivalents like the Apple Watch.

As for the beta start times,  people in the UK really don't play games like this, not like it is set in post apocalyptic Bournemouth or something. ;)

You guys even know where Appalachia is? OK if you don't,  many Americans don't either, geography not exactly being our long suit.

Whew. 

BOS  "White" Knights to the rescue.

B)
    I thought the West Virginia song kind of gave that away?

I'm not a geography expert and wouldn't know where Appalachia is, but I know where West VA is, hehe.
    Kyleran

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Rhoklaw said:
    Do me a favor and tell me if this guys parody is accurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=koV7ZZB2Ufw
    LMAO Not quite that exciting but yeah thats pretty much it
    KyleranMensur
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,657
    Phry said:
    Bethesda, making a solid argument which highlights the follies of pre-ordering.  ;)
    Except the people that did get in and did get to exploit the environment get to keep all their progress. I think that's messed up. That dude in another thread that already figured out ways to scam people and build a fortress on a node that funneled him loot. What is Bethesda thinking?

Anway, it seems like if you're serious about getting the game you might as well buy now and try to get as much progress as you can in. No wipes and taking money equals released right? Why isn't it getting the same treatment? /smh
    Slapshot1188Mensur
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

It only took 3 people 8 words to rock Blizzard to its core.
    edited October 2018
    Torval said:
    Phry said:
    Except the people that did get in and did get to exploit the environment get to keep all their progress. I think that's messed up. That dude in another thread that already figured out ways to scam people and build a fortress on a node that funneled him loot. What is Bethesda thinking?

Anway, it seems like if you're serious about getting the game you might as well buy now and try to get as much progress as you can in. No wipes and taking money equals released right? Why isn't it getting the same treatment? /smh
    Well in my case I'm not planning on "competing" with anyone so it doesn't matter.

Also, at days end many will out pace me, doesn't really matter much how they got there, cheating or otherwise. 

Years of P2W cash shops have trained me well. (Or beaten the life out of me)

B)

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,049
    Torval said:
    Phry said:

I didn't realize there was no wipe until this thread...

That's utter bullshit.  Never even got into the game because of their idea on how pre-loading should work.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

Torval said:
    Phry said:

That's utter bullshit.  Never even got into the game because of their idea on how pre-loading should work.

Just think,  the XBox gamers got an even bigger head start than any other platform as well.

Horrors 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,049
    edited October 2018
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:
    Phry said:

Just think,  the XBox gamers got an even bigger head start than any other platform as well.

Horrors 
    Is there crossplay? I do not think there is.  As long as no crossplay then why would I care?

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

My ignore list finally has one occupant after 12 years. I am the strongest supporter of free speech on here, but free speech does not mean forced listening. Have fun my friend. Hope you find a new stalking target.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    Torval said:
    Phry said:

I have to agree.  And it goes back to another post I made earlier; Bethesda has never been able to release an ES/FO game without huge glitches or bugs, and glitches/bugs in a multiplayer game are a lot higher stakes than singleplayer.

@Kyleran, I'm thinking it might be best to give this one ample time to settle in and iron out the kinks.  I'd still like to jump in and check it out with you, but I'd rather not have to fight game-breaking bugs or glitches when we do.  Iirc, you've always been one to let the initial launch craziness pass before jumping in anyways, right?

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,483
    Kyleran said:

Lol, you and @Scot rustlin' Nintendo Switch jimmies!
    KyleranScot

Torval said:
    Phry said:

I have to agree.  And it goes back to another post I made earlier; Bethesda has never been able to release an ES/FO game without huge glitches or bugs, and glitches/bugs in a multiplayer game are a lot higher stakes than singleplayer.

@Kyleran, I'm thinking it might be best to give this one ample time to settle in and iron out the kinks.  I'd still like to jump in and check it out with you, but I'd rather not have to fight game-breaking bugs or glitches when we do.  Iirc, you've always been one to let the initial launch craziness pass before jumping in anyways, right?
    Yep, no worries on waiting a bit, to let the dust settle, let Bethesda iron out some of the kinks and let the hackers and exploiters come and move on.

I've got NMS and 10 other games in my queue, I'm in no hurry.
    MadFrenchie

• EbanyEbany Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Bethesda, always the king of launch bugs.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 10,992
    Ebany said:
    Bethesda, always the king of launch bugs.
    Except its not a bug, when something is endemic to the game engine, its a 'feature'  :p
    Rhoklaw