Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions of Titan Gift Key Giveaway! - MMORPG.com

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
edited October 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageChampions of Titan Gift Key Giveaway! - MMORPG.com

MMORPG.com has been given gift keys for Champions of Titan - the Sci-Fi Action MMORPG with fast-paced MOBA style combat. This key will give you all kinds of cool in game items. Items include a permanent Hover Bike, MP Booster and more!

Read the full story here

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited October 2018
    Dont play it simple, the game it was be4 this was a thing (wild buster) failed hard and they didnt even give people who bought the game ANYTHING, even tho they said they would! it seems to be another cash grab!
    Clock90TOWERValanarrflaZh
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Dont play it simple, the game it was be4 this was a thing (wild buster) failed hard and they didnt even give people who bought the game ANYTHING, even tho they said they would! it seems to be another cash grab!

Yeah, it seems like the only effort they put into the game was renaming the game. Everything else is exactly the same.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited October 2018
    It's actually one of the better isometric dungeon runners I've played and, except for Path of Exile, the best lobby style aRPG with MMO elements I've played. It's a lot better than games like Devilian and Guardians of Ember. Marvel Heroes is gone so this is the best you're going to get right now.

Controls are good, combat has impact, loot progression is satisfying, massive variety in boss fights, lots of classes to play.

So.. if you're done with PoE, Grim Dawn and Diablo 3, it's not that bad while you wait for their expansions or the next big thing (Torchlight?).

Also, there is absolutely nothing MOBA about this game other than the hotbar looking similar. I suppose the large roster of classes is also MOBA-like. Gameplay though, it's not a MOBA.. it's like Diablo.
    NirimetussschruppValanarr
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276

It's actually one of the better isometric dungeon runners I've played and, except for Path of Exile, the best lobby style aRPG with MMO elements I've played. It's a lot better than games like Devilian and Guardians of Ember. Marvel Heroes is gone so this is the best you're going to get right now.

Controls are good, combat has impact, loot progression is satisfying, massive variety in boss fights, lots of classes to play.

So.. if you're done with PoE, Grim Dawn and Diablo 3, it's not that bad while you wait for their expansions or the next big thing.

Also, there is absolutely nothing MOBA about this game other than the hotbar looking similar. I suppose the large roster of classes is also MOBA-like. Gameplay though, it's not a MOBA.. it's like Diablo.

I did play it when it was wild buster, i know what its like! im just saying the company is shady as sin, and this rebrand is simply a way for them to earn more cash and get rid of the negatives of the past game and not reward those that actually bought it. (nothing will ever take marvel heroes of that top spot was too good hopefully gamigo does something with it like reskining it). Im boycotting because im one of the few that bought it as Wild Buster and supported them, i give it a 3 month life span if that before its closed down and it is "back to the drawing board then rebranded"
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited October 2018

So.. if you're done with PoE, Grim Dawn and Diablo 3, it's not that bad while you wait for their expansions or the next big thing.

I did play it when it was wild buster, i know what its like! im just saying the company is shady as sin, and this rebrand is simply a way for them to earn more cash and get rid of the negatives of the past game and not reward those that actually bought it. (nothing will ever take marvel heroes of that top spot was too good hopefully gamigo does something with it like reskining it). Im boycotting because im one of the few that bought it as Wild Buster and supported them, i give it a 3 month life span if that before its closed down and it is "back to the drawing board then rebranded"

I wasn't directing that reply at you, mostly for people thinking about trying it.

I get that it's annoying when you buy something, it fails, relaunches and it's like you never bought it. It's all probably a lot more complicated than everyone knows though since the rights were bought out by IDC Games. After the review manipulation controversy and Wild Buster was removed from Steam by Value, the new owners had no choice but to relaunch it. It's likely out of the developers control now and was the only way for them to survive. You're acting like the relaunch was some kind of marketing move.. it wasn't.

Don't get me wrong, you deserve what you paid for and the new owners should give it to you out of good faith even if they aren't legally obligated to do so.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom Member UncommonPosts: 263
    It's too lineal...every dungeon layout is the same - corridor's of mobs then a boss ad nasuem, got to 30 had enough
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    pass... I played wildbuster and was unimpressed. Same ole same ole.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, I think this is more about the company trying to pretend its a new game when its not to try and milk more people that way than the actual game itself. Maybe this was Trion's side company or something cause it does sound exactly what they were doing before they got bought out.
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Funny though as the reviews seem to be very positive.
    Rehdye
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • enesisxlr8enesisxlr8 Member UncommonPosts: 163
    Avoid the game, its in beta and its 2nd release.
    They dont state beta but it is, game could of been pretty good but another / another company trying to scam players all over again

Dont waste your time or money
  • NEO321NEO321 Member CommonPosts: 2

enjoy

Avoid the game, its in beta and its 2nd release.

They dont state beta but it is, game could of been pretty good but another / another company trying to scam players all over again

Dont waste your time or money

Can we get this scam spam game removed from this site please? How long has it been there!?
  • PsilocybinRainPsilocybinRain Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Due to the nature

Due to how Wild Buster was removed from steam. Even if you had much more than 2 hours into the game steam provided full refunds for those who went through the process of getting them. I had much more than the 2 hours as did many people in my discord community but we were all given our refunds due to the situation.
  • PsilocybinRainPsilocybinRain Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I wouldn't listen tot he people who tell you not to play, and to boycott the game. While I do understand their frustrations 100% it's still pretty fun to play. WHAT I WOULD suggest is not spending money in the game at this time because to be honest all of the above complaints seem valid. Wait to spend your money until the developers prove themselves to you. Enjoy the game as a complete free to play title. If the devs end up doing a good job buy stuff, if the game crashes and burned you enjoyed yourself and lost nothing.

I wouldn't listen tot he people who tell you not to play, and to boycott the game. While I do understand their frustrations 100% it's still pretty fun to play. WHAT I WOULD suggest is not spending money in the game at this time because to be honest all of the above complaints seem valid. Wait to spend your money until the developers prove themselves to you. Enjoy the game as a complete free to play title. If the devs end up doing a good job buy stuff, if the game crashes and burned you enjoyed yourself and lost nothing.

Valid points, in saying this I would be interested to know what they have done since changing the name and offering these free keys
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122
    edited March 2019

The money he paid went to a different company. There is no way

I wasn't directing that reply at you, mostly for people thinking about trying it.

I get that it's annoying when you buy something, it fails, relaunches and it's like you never bought it. It's all probably a lot more complicated than everyone knows though since the rights were bought out by IDC Games. After the review manipulation controversy and Wild Buster was removed from Steam by Value, the new owners had no choice but to relaunch it. It's likely out of the developers control now and was the only way for them to survive. You're acting like the relaunch was some kind of marketing move.. it wasn't.

Don't get me wrong, you deserve what you paid for and the new owners should give it to you out of good faith even if they aren't legally obligated to do so.

I highly doubt any company will provide for free what was purchased from another company. It would set an incredibly bad precedent which would soon be followed by clamouring for the same by numerous other previous purchasers. Edit: Seems as though they did something though: https://en.idcgames.com/champions-of-titan/former-cot-game-version-early-access-purchases-compensation-3176-NT3176.html
    Post edited by KnightFalz on
  • CaptainStornCaptainStorn Newbie CommonPosts: 1

Well it is always possible (no matter how unlikely) that they learned their lesson and are trying to be better
  • KagoKinjiKagoKinji Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    125586733933 ly all
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,122

So.. if you're done with PoE, Grim Dawn and Diablo 3, it's not that bad while you wait for their expansions or the next big thing (Torchlight?).

Gave it a shot based on your post, and it isn't bad at all, matching well your observations of it.

It is a bit sloppy in text presentation, and looks like it may be a bit heavy in terms of grind (with cash shop mitigation), but if a person isn't in a rush they could get some fun out of it with little to no cost. I'm enjoying it anyway.

Thanks for sharing your impressions of it.
  • MixeroTNMixeroTN Newbie CommonPosts: 5