Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ship of Heroes Video Showcases the Day & Night In Apotheosis City - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageShip of Heroes Video Showcases the Day & Night In Apotheosis City - MMORPG.com

The Ship of Heroes team has sent out a new video to showcase the day / night cycle in Apotheosis City. The video offers viewers a time-lapse look at how lighting and "emissives on buildings and cars" change based on the time of day.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    edited October 2018
    Ship of Heroes now? That's like the 3rd rename isn't it lol.
    MightyUncleanmmolou
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

No. It's always been Ship of Heroes. o.0
    ScotGladDogAzaron_Nightblade

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247

uhh... no? It's always been Ship of Heroes, you're probably thinking of the other two super hero mmo projects also in development.

This one is my favorite so far, looking better and better with each vid.
    GladDog
  • GladDogGladDog Member RarePosts: 1,097
    It's been Ship of Heroes since the game was announced in April of 2016.
    Blaze_Rocker

The world is going to the dogs, which is just how I planned it!

• Whiteshade92Whiteshade92 Member UncommonPosts: 95

Alpius said:

uhh... no? It's always been Ship of Heroes, you're probably thinking of the other two super hero mmo projects also in development.

What is the title of other super hero mmo?
  • AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247

Alpius said:

What is the title of other super hero mmo?
    The other super hero mmos are City of Titans and Valiance Online.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    As yet I don't think we have any Supers MMOs that have been brought back by an archvillains use of Necromancy, but don't hold your breath...unless its Super Breath that is.
    GladDog
    Alpius said:

Totally agree.  While I was impressed with the day/ night lighting changes, I was REALLY impressed with the overall look, feel and level of poilsh of the game.  I cannot wait to get in there and cruise around!
    Blaze_Rocker

• DabOnThemDabOnThem Member UncommonPosts: 141
    edited October 2018
    Valiance Online is the first dead spiritual successor but it wont be the last. You can see for yourselves the angry mob of people donating and not receiving alpha keys. I'm not thrilled on this Ship of Heroes neither. Didn't one of the other video promise a log in test in the summer. I am very sure this was talked about during the summer in a article somewhere around here. Broken promises sounds about right for a City of Heroes spiritual successor.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I can't get Emma Watson's voice out of my head when trying to pronounce Apotheosis City.

"Lev EEE OH sa."
    ScotGreatnessGladDog

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    I can't get Emma Watson's voice out of my head when trying to pronounce Apotheosis City.

"Lev EEE OH sa."
    She speaks to me all the time too, but not exactly in that way.
    AmatheGladDogTacticalZombeh
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Pretty generic looking for a city in a giant space ship. :-/
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370

Ship of Heroes had a failed Kickstarter, continued on and never had another if I'm not mistaken. That's a pretty good income of donations to keep going with and proceed toward Beta phase without a kickstarter.

Heroic Games Corp must be doing something right.

GladDog

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415

The spaceship is just to set the game apart from the original and provide opportunities (planets) for new zones and enemies and such. The regular, generic city setting was one of the things I liked about City of Heroes. It helped with the immersion and feeling of belonging.

I know some people demand graphics that make the most of their expensive gaming computers, but I tend to fret that game development will get caught up in and bogged down by focusing on such things I consider needless details or side issues, when gameplay and encouraging team play and roleplaying are the things I'm most interested in.
    Blaze_RockerGladDog
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

The spaceship is just to set the game apart from the original and provide opportunities (planets) for new zones and enemies and such. The regular, generic city setting was one of the things I liked about City of Heroes. It helped with the immersion and feeling of belonging.

I know some people demand graphics that make the most of their expensive gaming computers, but I tend to fret that game development will get caught up in and bogged down by focusing on such things I consider needless details or side issues, when gameplay and encouraging team play and roleplaying are the things I'm most interested in.
    I'm not talking about graphics, I'm talking about creativity.
    I don't think they needed to set themselves apart from CoH by moving the game into a spaceship. But they have, so I would like to have seen something interesting in the environment to reflect that.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I miss City of Heroes so much and am really loving this look. Hope this game will fill the vacuum City of Villains left.
    ScotAzaron_NightbladeBlaze_Rocker
    Chamber of Chains
    cheyane said:
    I miss City of Heroes so much and am really loving this look. Hope this game will fill the vacuum City of Villains left.
    This is what worries me, I am in the same boat but it is wishful thinking, we will have to judge this game on its own merits.
    Blaze_Rocker
    cheyane said:
    I wouldn't expect them to come out with playable villains and PvP, but they'd probably add it in the future. Personally, I would rather not have that sort of thing, but as long as it gets more people playing and they leave the PvE side alone, we could all be happy. If it actually goes live.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    It's nice to see this is still under development.  Still, I'll be amazed if this ever makes it to release as anything remotely resembling a decent game.  I have zero faith now in indie MMO developers, other than Project Gorgon, possibly.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    cheyane said:
    I wouldn't expect them to come out with playable villains and PvP, but they'd probably add it in the future. Personally, I would rather not have that sort of thing, but as long as it gets more people playing and they leave the PvE side alone, we could all be happy. If it actually goes live.
    I don't PvP I love the PvE Villains.
    DavodtheTutt
    Chamber of Chains
    edited October 2018
    It's nice to see this is still under development.  Still, I'll be amazed if this ever makes it to release as anything remotely resembling a decent game.  I have zero faith now in indie MMO developers, other than Project Gorgon, possibly.
    I've had the opportunity to test the combat in this game, and it is not bad at all.  In fact I had a lot of fun, playing a twin blade/ determination melee DPS and a ranged  dark DPS/ dark support character.  The basic game is there, but they don't yet have a lot of content.  They are working on a random mission generator, and once they have this, along with finishing a few more powersets  and dealing with some annoying bugs, they will start their supporters beta. 

People looking for an in depth story during the early phases of this beta will be disappointed.  There will be; the early form of the tutorial, random missions, and street sweeping.  As the beta progresses, one of the first things they want to add is an invasion event.  Then they will start adding some storyline mission arcs.  But they are planning to save most of the in-depth storylines for release.
    ScotBlaze_Rocker

GladDog said:
    I've had the opportunity to test the combat in this game, and it is not bad at all.  In fact I had a lot of fun, playing a twin blade/ determination melee DPS and a ranged  dark DPS/ dark support character.  The basic game is there, but they don't yet have a lot of content.  They are working on a random mission generator, and once they have this, along with finishing a few more powersets  and dealing with some annoying bugs, they will start their supporters beta. 

People looking for an in depth story during the early phases of this beta will be disappointed.  There will be; the early form of the tutorial, random missions, and street sweeping.  As the beta progresses, one of the first things they want to add is an invasion event.  Then they will start adding some storyline mission arcs.  But they are planning to save most of the in-depth storylines for release.
    Whaaaa??? They are at the stage where they have something that can be played? Wow, I sure wish they would release some video to MMORPG.com! 

Shoot, with a good, scalable random mission generator and decent street sweeping, I'd love to try playing it like that! I can live without the deep storylines and mission arcs. 
    I was playing Sword Blossom at the beginning of this video...

• Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Some of the sounds effects sound a little ... 1980's. Is that on purpose?
    GladDog

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

edited October 2018
    Most of the SFX are just fillers until they can bring in a pro to finish them.

Also, the sound was recorded on Skype, which is great on voices, not so much on game sounds.  Between these two factors the sound ends up a bit tinny.  It was better in the game, although the SFX does need more work, something the team is well aware of.
    Blaze_Rocker