Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dive Into The Abyss in No Man's Sky Starting Today - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageDive Into The Abyss in No Man's Sky Starting Today - MMORPG.com

No Man's Sky players looking for some spooky and claustrophobic action can look to today's deployment of The Abyss. Players will gain access to "aquatic environments with over five times more variety, new submersible vehicles, improved underwater visuals and much more". The Dreams of the Deep is a new series of aquatic missions that send players off on a journey of discovery as they track down a stranded freighter and its troubled crew.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    That does look great , gonna check that out today
    JeffSpicoliMadFrenchiemike32927ConstantineMerusSpottyGekko
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    These guys dropped the ball initially but they sure are committed
    JeffSpicoliTacticalZombehmike32927Octagon7711ConstantineMerus
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I love this game, It always works it way back into my rotaion during lulls where this is nothing to play. Unfortuently between RDR2 and F076 on the way i just don't have the time for any more games. /buys lotto ticket
    [Deleted User]MadFrenchieConstantineMerus
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,992
    Oh I do like the look of it, No Man's Sky is becoming more like My Man's Sea. Still I will resist! :)
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    They still want $60 for it on Steam...i will wait for it to come down to a more reasonable price
    BananableOctagon7711DrunkWolf

They still want $60 for it on Steam...i will wait for it to come down to a more reasonable price

its worth the 60$ if you like Exploration games
    JeffSpicoliBananablemmolougastovski1mikeb0817TacticalZombehcheyane
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited October 2018
    Scorchien said:

It is, i could have sworn though this goes on sale frequently during steam sales . Who knows though maybe it will be marked down with the Halloween sale this afternoon....
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    These guys keep improving on this game more and more, good for them, great for us!

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

Torval said:
    I've been waiting for this. Some of the lore bits at abandoned buildings and the events have hinted at it. It was brought up on reddit a week or so ago and modders datamined some more info. It's been fun waiting for it.

Hopefully I can buy an S-Class underwater mod now. I blew mine up moving mods around for adjacency improvements and haven't been able to find another. I mistakenly thought I'd bought it but must have got it from damaged tech.

The only down side to this is I'm still 568,030 LY from the galactic core. This is going to sidetrack and stall that quest for a while. I've made about 100K LY this week hopping black holes.
    There is no rush :)
    mike32927
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    i wonder what the subnatica devs are gonna say about this
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509

thunderC said:

Scorchien said:

It is, i could have sworn though this goes on sale f0requently during steam sales . Who knows though maybe it will be marked down with the Halloween sale this afternoon....

Yes, I got it for $29.99 on a Steam sale when NEXT launched a few months ago.

So NMS has underwater exploration, who knew?

I did notice exosuit modules for sale which extended underwater capacity, but I only recall crossing one significantly spanse of water on the 4 or 5 worlds I've explored so far, none with large bodies of water or even irradiated.

So far all I've explored are toxic, inferno and lush tropical planets.

So much to do, so little time.

I may be playing this game for many years to come, might actually become my first game ever "in rotation."

SovrathlahnmirCryomatrixConstantineMerus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• tomek2626tomek2626 Member UncommonPosts: 35
    did thay get sued be subnautic deve yet ?or thay bued preps from them ?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Looks rushed,like VERY rushed.
    The animation is the same walking/running animation and does not look like an undersea animation.

There doesn't look to be much more than a generated land mass with water effects/fog lighting.

I am not blaming this developer fro at least trying but we are a very long ways away from pulling off a game like this in HQ form.

At the very least,a minimum of 10+ years before it is possible,like 15+ years.So until that time,we wil just get cheap low quality ideas like this.Yeah it is a start but imo not worth my time ,there is just not enough there to warrant a purchase.
    TacticalZombeh

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    I'm more interested in the final words of that video. "No Man's Sky's The Abyss is the first step in the long journey that will follow."
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I bought NMS for the PS4 right before Next launched for like 10 dollars, I really need to give it a shot. I've logged in a couple times but never dropped enough time to actually experience what the game has to offer. This makes me want to go play it right now. Looks really cool.
    [Deleted User]Nanbino
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    How does multiplayer work in this game? I know it's only 4 person coop but how does it work in relation to base building? What I mean is, lets say you build a base as a group of players and a few players gotta log for the night. Can they hop back on and continue working on your base or is the base saved to the host? Or is it similar to ARC where it saves to a server and can always be up so other ppl in your group can hop in and contribute to your base?
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    Reminds me of Subnautica.. nice idea though.

imageimage

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    This type of game goals are very important to keep one working towards it. Then all the resource collection and time spent looking for materials and building is worth it when the goal is achieved.
    mike32927
    Chamber of Chains
  • GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172
    edited October 2018
    Just watched the video and I've had this game since launch and have been dabbling with it more in recent months.  I started a new game a month ago not knowing ocean exploration was getting reworked and I'm really happy I chose a nice ocean world for my main base. 

I have not regretted paying full price for this game and it's been my Go To single player game since the summer.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    im going to check this out when I get tired of playing as Billy The Kid.
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Good job on the NMS team for not giving up and making good progress like this, if only Elite Dangerous would follow in the same vein!
    Octagon7711Kyleranrpmcmurphy

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    edited October 2018

It was really cheap last year, $9.99 or $11.99 something like that. I wish I had bought it then because as of recent, there hasn't been many good sales on it.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Grunt350Grunt350 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Well time to get obsessed again with killing everything that moves and to crash ships just for the lols.
    [Deleted User]
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

It's now 29.99 until Nov 1st.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey