Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-Order Fallout 76 on PC and Get Three Other Fallout Games for Free - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imagePre-Order Fallout 76 on PC and Get Three Other Fallout Games for Free - MMORPG.com

Bethesda has announced that PC players who pre-order Fallout 76 will receive three other games in the series for free. The games include the original Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics. "This offer is available exclusively to those who pre-order the game for PC digitally via Bethesda.net" and customers must have a Bethesda.net account to qualify for the deal.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Nope.
    gastovski1TheScavenger3domrojoArcueidNildenceltwulfinfomatz
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    thats not very enticing as most people who have interest in 76 most likely have those 3 as they have bundled previously in other Fallout sales on Steam for ex..
    Xarkogastovski1Azaron_NightbladeYoofaloofCyber_wastelandKyleranrojoArcueidceltwulfLiljna
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    The isometric ones....really?
    Xarkobartoni33gastovski1Phryceltwulfinfomatzvelimirius
  • mikeb0817mikeb0817 Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Was already planning on buying this over the weekend to get access to the BETA next week... currently playing a fresh play through of Fallout 4 on Very Hard with a realism mod to add hunger and thirst (not a fan of the lack of saving options in Survival Mode) - so I probably won't touch the original titles for a while, but I never say no to free stuff
    SBFord
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    My friend was just complaining that he felt silly for ordering through Bethesda and paid full price since I got 20% off and a $10 certificate through BestBuy. This should soften the blow a bit for him... though he probably has them already.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited October 2018
    "Pre-Order Fallout 76 on PC and Get Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics for Free! Free!!! FREE!!!!!"
    LOLZ
    And thought it couldn't get any worse...hilarious.  ^_^

First. Not only those games are cheap, but why are they still selling em?

2. They dont even give you F3 and FNV.

3. F76 is for
    a. Lil kids, that like "GRAPHICS", im sure they think all these games look like peice of...
    b. People that like group play. Why do they want SP games?

4. They giveaway fallout on steam already.   >.>
    mikeb0817
  • GrintchGrintch Member UncommonPosts: 132
    Are sales lagging and not meeting their expectations, you think?
    gastovski1uriel_mafessinfomatzJeffSpicoli
  • wesjrwesjr Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Well, they did not have to give anything for free but lets be honest, this is marking 101 in today's world. I can't go in my local supermarket without seeing this type of marketing on every isle.
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    Sounds like it doesn't sell that well
    JeffSpicoli
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Scorchien said:
    thats not very enticing as most people who have interest in 76 most likely have those 3 as they have bundled previously in other Fallout sales on Steam for ex..
    lol, na. we don't care too much actually.

if they would have added anything from fallout 3, maybe i might be interested, but those? shesh...

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• samooryesordsamooryesord Member UncommonPosts: 98
    So, preorder an open empty boring world of a game and get two old games that you could get for free somewhere online anyway for free
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Playing it on your own is like playing a rubbish Fallout game, playing it with others is an awesome romp through a wasteland.

I expect those slamming the game did the former.

Those are nice games to get for free. They are the best Fallout games and I imagine a lot of young gamers have never even considered trying them. They should... but they might be a bit text heavy for some.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    There aren't very many games i would pre-order, and its a list that only gets shorter unfortunately, theres a lot of stuff on youtube about this game at the moment, so its very much another one of those 'wait and see' kind of situations, its nice to get free stuff with games, sometimes though, its hard to tell whether its a distraction, or a gimmick to promote the game.  :/
    Octagon7711
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I'll pre order nothing......ever!

If this game is really worth it, it will still be worth it as springtime rolls around. If there is nothing worth playing by then, Well, I guess it wasn't really worth pre ordering in the 1st place.
    Solancerinfomatz
  • sopukusopuku Member UncommonPosts: 55
    i got fallout 1 and fallout 2 for free at gog.com :D:D:D
    Octagon7711
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    The original versions of Fallout and Fallout 2 don't play well with wide screens without use of vitual machine emulators.  Putting a 800 x 600 full screen game on 1920 x 1080 full screen doesn't give great results.  Might be worth it to some if that was corrected.
    KyleranJeffSpicoli
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Torval said:
    Thane said:
    Scorchien said:

if they would have added anything from fallout 3, maybe i might be interested, but those? shesh...

Not to mention Interplay gave us all those games for free on Good Old Games before Bethesda fucked them out of legally obtained the license.

A deal would have been a post Interplay Fallout rollup, or a special upgrade to FO76 from FO4. It's like giving away Arena and Daggerfall. Okay... those are free anyway. FO1/2 are $10 each not on sale (which is kind of a rip) but you can pick them up for a couple bucks each a few times a year. Not really a generous bonus imo.

Free stuff is cool though. I'm sure there are some people who haven't ever played the real Fallout games. Or, like me, it's been so long you barely remember them. Although if it's only through their Bethesda launcher and not on Steam, then this really isn't that great of a deal. In fact it kind of makes them look like cheap bastards from that angle. They really should have included FO3 and NV.
    It's actually laughable which of the old FOs they decided to include free with this bundle. But then Bethesda does seem to try to sell and resell their older games far longer than most other AAA studios. We're probably due for a re-refreshed Skyrim extra special edition sometime soon :)
    [Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2018

Iselin said:

Torval said:

Thane said:

Scorchien said:

Not to mention Interplay gave us all those games for free on Good Old Games before Bethesda fucked them out of legally obtained the license.

A deal would have been a post Interplay Fallout rollup, or a special upgrade to FO76 from FO4. It's like giving away Arena and Daggerfall. Okay... those are free anyway. FO1/2 are $10 each not on sale (which is kind of a rip) but you can pick them up for a couple bucks each a few times a year. Not really a generous bonus imo.

Free stuff is cool though. I'm sure there are some people who haven't ever played the real Fallout games. Or, like me, it's been so long you barely remember them. Although if it's only through their Bethesda launcher and not on Steam, then this really isn't that great of a deal. In fact it kind of makes them look like cheap bastards from that angle. They really should have included FO3 and NV.

It's actually laughable which of the old FOs they decided to include free with this bundle. But then Bethesda does seem to try to sell and resell their older games far longer than most other AAA studios. We're probably due for a re-refreshed Skyrim extra special edition sometime soon :)

Very good point, How many times has Skyrim been resold since 2011? I lost count. It was kind of funny when the switch came out, "Time to sell Skyrim again!"
    [Deleted User]
  • X-ranfeX-ranfe Member UncommonPosts: 77
    I'd like to get at least Fallout 4 for that.
  • uriel_mafessuriel_mafess Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Games that create expectation dont need any boost in the pre-order phase. Their numbers/projections must be lacking.
    [Deleted User]Roin
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited October 2018
    If they can send me a brand new physical copy of Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel 1 and 2 for the Playstation 2 they probably have in the studio somewhere, i would definitely call it a deal.

...What? that's not it? oh... bye
    Post edited by rojoArcueid on

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    edited October 2018
    I got all three of them free from Good Old Games a while ago.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    But...will I be able to play the provided fallout games...inside fallout 76? So people can be playing fallout 76 and the older fallouts at the same time! 

No?

oh. too bad, what a missed opportunity. That been an unique take on a battle royale game and a pretty unique feature in general

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    I bet if you preorder TES VI you can get daggerfall for free
    Im all for free but this just seems the cheapest form of value marketing you can get. 
    FO 3 would have been a better deal. Or even Vegas. Or both. Why not. 
    At least the TES games are logical successors to Daggerfall, even ESO is in the spirit.  This almost feels like they're giving away a completely different type of game made by completely different people.  Such an odd pairing...