Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My (new) experience 1-60 vanilla WoW as a paladin and why current WoW players won't like classic

13»

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited October 2018
    Regnor said:
    Can you still grind forever for a Wintersping Frostsaber?
    i bet your could, but by now it's a quest reward :)

level 40 alliance quest (they grow up so fast):

20 wintersprinng cub whisker,
    20 runecloth,
    20 rugged leather and
    80 gold

and you are set :pensive:

MrMelGibson

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    edited October 2018
    I couldn't help myself...

What ever happened to that utopia you swore to on Tichondris?  You're now playing on a private server... where the numbers are far far less than any Blizzard server.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    btdt said:

What ever happened to that utopia you swore to on Tichondris?  You're now playing on a private server... where the numbers are far far less than any Blizzard server.
    "I'm always chasing rainbows...."

ScorchienMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited November 2018
    btdt said:

I still grudgingly play official WoW (blizzard likes players like me that stay subbed even through bad times). But I moved to (----) to play by myself and have the whole world as a singleplayer game. (------) is #1 least active server in game, at least on US side. 

With that said...

I'm vastly enjoying the classic WoW server quite a bit more.

But I still stay subbed to official WoW like usual and not enjoying it at all but for some reason still stay subbed...blizzards favorite type of customer lol. 
    Post edited by TheScavenger on

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

btdt said:

I still grudgingly play official WoW (blizzard likes players like me that stay subbed even through bad times). But I moved to Kirin Tor to play by myself and have the whole world as a singleplayer game. Kirin Tor is #1 least active server in game, at least on US side. Don't go by realmpop or the server saying its "medium" population, it actually isn't. Not sure why it says its medium, because it could actually be labeled beneath low as "empty" lol.

With that said...

But I still stay subbed to official WoW like usual and not enjoying it at all but for some reason still stay subbed...blizzards favorite type of customer lol. 
    Despite protests by some a monthly sub is a pittance really and well worth paying if there is a chance you might want to play.
    TheScavenger[Deleted User]MrMelGibson

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    btdt said:

I still grudgingly play official WoW (blizzard likes players like me that stay subbed even through bad times). But I moved to Kirin Tor to play by myself and have the whole world as a singleplayer game. Kirin Tor is #1 least active server in game, at least on US side. Don't go by realmpop or the server saying its "medium" population, it actually isn't. Not sure why it says its medium, because it could actually be labeled beneath low as "empty" lol.

With that said...

Despite protests by some a monthly sub is a pittance really and well worth paying if there is a chance you might want to play.
    Yeah, its only 15 USD a month. It really is a tiny amount at least for me. And I definitely get 15+ hours a month out of it if going by 1 dollar=1 hour that some people go by. 

I pay more in one single trip to the grocery store. Heck, one single movie at the theaters ends up being so much more than a month of wow lol. Movie tickets here are 20 dollars a (adult)person and if want to do the imax version then it goes up to 30
    Kyleran[Deleted User]MrMelGibson

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Kyleran said:
    btdt said:

Ive seen Alice Cooper in the 80s , the 90s , the early 2000s and just recently with Deep Purple in 2017 , and you could not tell the difference in his shows , still puts on a great show .. Deep Purple was really dam good to see again also
    KyleranlaseritMrMelGibson
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    sounds great, the thoughts of playing an actual hunter again has me interested
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    Aori said:
    Ah Vanilla, when people forget it only had 1 Tank class.
    yep and if your class had a heal spec, you were a healer
    Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:
    btdt said:

Ive seen Alice Cooper in the 80s , the 90s , the early 2000s and just recently with Deep Purple in 2017 , and you could not tell the difference in his shows , still puts on a great show .. Deep Purple was really dam good to see again also
    I was one of the first people to see the Welcome to my Nightmare tour back in the early 70's.  In order to "tune-up" for big city tours, he played in 4 or 5 small city venues, so I saw this concert in the 5000 person Erie Fieldhouse which was great being in such a small venue.

I was totally blown away by the theatrics of his show, having never seen any sort of display before, and became a lifelong fan afterwards.  I'd like to see Deep Purple again, but these days many groups can't put on the same quality of show as before and it's depressing to see how bad they are now. (Tom Petty, Meatloaf, and Stevie Nicks being my greatest disappointments)

Besides, at the price for tickets for these old performers sometimes is so high I could purchase their entire catalogue on ITunes.

Besides, despite being old, I don't spend my days listening to classic rock, preferring newer popular alternative and more mainstream hip hop.  
    ScorchienMrMelGibson

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Kyleran said:
    Scorchien said:
    Kyleran said:
    btdt said:

I was one of the first people to see the Welcome to my Nightmare tour back in the early 70's.  In order to "tune-up" for big city tours, he played in 4 or 5 small city venues, so I saw this concert in the 5000 person Erie Fieldhouse which was great being in such a small venue.

I was totally blown away by the theatrics of his show, having never seen any sort of display before, and became a lifelong fan afterwards.  I'd like to see Deep Purple again, but these days many groups can't put on the same quality of show as before and it's depressing to see how bad they are now. (Tom Petty, Meatloaf, and Stevie Nicks being my greatest disappointments)

Besides, at the price for tickets for these old performers sometimes is so high I could purchase their entire catalogue on ITunes.

Besides, despite being old, I don't spend my days listening to classic rock, preferring newer popular alternative and more mainstream hip hop.  
    Small venues are great i did see AC at the Tower theatre here in Philly thats 5 k also , ironically also saw Deep Purple at the Tower in the 90s ..

But yea AC show is so much more than a concert  , i was also blown away each time , crowd eats it up to .. such a great showman ..

Deep Purple was good but Ian Gillam cant hit those notes  any longer , ive seen them 11 times now , but its still good to them out here playing those songs .. I got to meet all the DP guys in the 80s and partied with them at a bar after the show .. won tickets for that from radio .. Was really great .. never forget it
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited October 2018
    AC was my very first concert.

AC, Atlanta Rythim Section and the Runaways. My older brother took me for my 13th birthday back in 1977

Edit : ticket was $7 and was a business card
    Scorchien

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

So...the server I moved to on official WoW is not only the least populated server group in NA...but...

It doesn't seem to be part of the warmode pvp. So....

I've leveled in the legion areas (haven't reached BFA yet on the new character) and there is literally no one around. Literally the most people I see is in Orgrimmar and doing a /who for 1-120 there was only 12 people total when I used that command

Its great. I can have warmode on and get all the awesome bonuses with no worry about pvp. from 1-107 literally haven't seen an alliance at all rofl. Even though warmode is supposed to put you in its own warmode group/server like I've seen on other servers. But guess least populated server group got forgotten about.

Finally, I can play singleplayer WoW (besides the super rare person I see out in the world) like I always wanted blizzard to make :D

Also, as far as classic goes...I well...obviously from post above went to official WoW for most part

And, I moved to the warmane private server as well, because classic was super boring for me at 60. There is literally nothing to do except raids and that is it. 

Warmane has been great so far though, its most popular WOTLK private server with average of over 20k people online if adding up all the servers. Its a ton more popular than any classic server.