Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big reason why community got worst in MMORPG...

1235»

Comments

• DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    This is just my opinion but players are too divided. 

I know at least in UO and EQ players tended to be around for different reasons.

In EQ leveling was slow so you could expect to bump into the same players for a while.  It allowed you to group and form friendships.  Also slow combat also allowed you to assist players.  You also saw higher level players in newbie zones leveling.  Buffs and items could be given to lower level players 

In UO players formed communities around player housing and npc cities.  You may port off to adventure but players tended to hang in whatever city they liked because there was no "high level" city.  Each city functioned as hub closer to real life.

I think games moving forward would benefit from getting players to just adventure and hang around the same players. Seems simple but these days you blow through content and zones daily.  The only meet up spots are big cities which usually are about as interactive as big city in real life. Don't be afraid to allow players to interact with buffs and ports amd the like.
    You mean the social aspect and not the toxicity ?
    It's hard to take this question seriously from a guy with a Maxine Waters avatar...

No offense.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    This is just my opinion but players are too divided. 

I know at least in UO and EQ players tended to be around for different reasons.

In EQ leveling was slow so you could expect to bump into the same players for a while.  It allowed you to group and form friendships.  Also slow combat also allowed you to assist players.  You also saw higher level players in newbie zones leveling.  Buffs and items could be given to lower level players 

In UO players formed communities around player housing and npc cities.  You may port off to adventure but players tended to hang in whatever city they liked because there was no "high level" city.  Each city functioned as hub closer to real life.

I think games moving forward would benefit from getting players to just adventure and hang around the same players. Seems simple but these days you blow through content and zones daily.  The only meet up spots are big cities which usually are about as interactive as big city in real life. Don't be afraid to allow players to interact with buffs and ports amd the like.
    It is pretty simple... 

MMO´s went mainstream... The so called common person came in to the picture... And with that the "magic" was gone. 

It happens to anything that get popular, the old feelings fades and is replaced by a stampede of people who might not give a flying shit about your old feeling... In fact it is pretty much a given they do not. Some become fans and find that feeling over time, most do not. 
    IselinAlBQuirky

This have been a good conversation