Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Awakened Legacy Arrives with Its Renewed Experience - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageAion: Awakened Legacy Arrives with Its Renewed Experience - MMORPG.com

The long-awaited Aion: Awakened Legacy update has finally arrived. According to developers, it is "the rebirth of Aion". It brings "a refreshing and simplified experience for Daevas old and young, promising to create a streamlined and more enjoyable experience regardless of your experience with the game".

Read the full story here

Comments

• WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I refuse to play Aion. I played when it first released and the account was hacked at least 100x in a few short months. No other mmo Ive played in 20 years has ever been hacked.
    Asch126doomexTruvidien88[Deleted User]arbi15Disantiagastovski1hamlathis
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    The adventure continues
    Panther2103Truvidien88Rain_Deathraven
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Wanted to check it out but their anti cheat 3rd party crap gave me errors so i couldn't launch the game. Oh well no big loss. 
    Cyber_wasteland
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    and i'm the only one who saw how much things they removed from the game?
    hamlathis
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm in the game now. There must have been a merge cause all my characters have numbers for names. Good news is that there's a name change card in their inventories. I'll have to start a new character to see what's changed. Nice, there's an icon to sale junk directly to an inventory store. The new characters no longer have access to the perks I got from buying a founder pack during beta, I guess nothing lasts forever.

Lots of changes. The cash shop is strong with this one. :-/
    MrMelGibson

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

I'm in the game now. There must have been a merge cause all my characters have numbers for names. Good news is that there's a name change card in their inventories. I'll have to start a new character to see what's changed. Nice, there's an icon to sale junk directly to an inventory store. The new characters no longer have access to the perks I got from buying a founder pack during beta, I guess nothing lasts forever.

I'm curious as to how different it really is?

IS it just some systems? is it the entire leveling experience?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Sovrath said:

I'm curious as to how different it really is?

IS it just some systems? is it the entire leveling experience?

I've heard leveling is supposed to be a lot faster. Crafting has been changed a lot someone mentioned in chat. Some of the skills on my characters are not working because it looks like they've been moved to a higher level. Most of my characters are in between levels 20 and 50.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Here it is 2018 and were talking about Aion. Uh... Houston there might be a problem.
    [Deleted User]doomexMad+Doggastovski1MrMelGibsond_20hamlathis

I still have the original SWG installed on one or two of my original hard drives I have in storage. :-)
    Truvidien88d_20

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    the new leveling is "meh" , the same thing as before but streamlined to the max , they removed whole zones , they changed enchanting , and now the most "OP" thing is transformations , that are permanent buff if u happen to be lucky , there are timed ones , old transformations gave some boost , now can boost spell speed by 50% , so if u are lucky u win, else GL
    hamlathis
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,500
    I really have tired to go back to this game a few times. I had multiple toons maxed out but got tired of the never being able to really do anything by myself in the max level areas because you were going to get PVP farmed till you logged out. Up till max level I really did enjoy the game, just don't enjoy that whole now you are max level the content is PVP only design anymore at all. Wonder if it is still the same or if they have address some of that. To be honest I wish every game had a toggle where if you didn't feel like it today you could not PVP and gather, craft, quest without having to watch your back all the time.
    Octagon7711GilcroixPeskyMrMelGibson
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited October 2018
    Aion was my first MMORPG experience, it was also my first Korean Dev > American Publisher experience, my first bad RNGesus experience, my first OWPVP gear disparity experience, my first LFG but nobody wants to do that dungeon anymore experience.

Needless to say I stopped playing a long time ago, but not knowing WTF an MMORPG was and experiencing the game from beginning to that moment when the world opens up and you get wings was awesome. Especially coming from arcades and console play.
    Nanbinometareald_20hamlathis
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

Here it is 2018 and were talking about Aion. Uh... Houston there might be a problem.

Spot on!!
    ceratop001

• MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    I still have the original SWG installed on one or two of my original hard drives I have in storage. :-)
    LOL I just finally uninstalled it from one of my drives a couple of days ago.
    Octagon7711MrMelGibson
  • Nhisso13Nhisso13 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Still better than almost every othet tab target hotbar mmo out there.
    MrMelGibson
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Was a subscriber for a long time. I tried to go back but was unable to log in due to an email addie change. I sent them several emails saying all this and they didn't have the courtesy to even reply. In short they don't give a rat's.....
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I refuse to play Aion. I played when it first released and the account was hacked at least 100x in a few short months. No other mmo Ive played in 20 years has ever been hacked.
    Wait, you claim...<mmmph>...that you were hacked 100+ times and yet you still kept playing?
    ceratop001KajidourdenOctagon7711Maddog666Nanbinojarsku85MrMelGibsond_20
  • alusaysalusays Member UncommonPosts: 2
    you guys should mention how the p2w aspects have simply rotated from gear enhancement to transformable candies/scrolls. Gear no longer has atk/cast/run speed. Sure candies drop in game, but are nowhere near as good as the ones in the cash shop. In order to stay competitive you'll need those p2w candies/scrolls. I'm starting to wish Aion never went f2p, it just all went downhill afterwards.
    acidbloodOctagon7711MrMelGibson
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    edited October 2018

alusays said:

you guys should mention how the p2w aspects have simply rotated from gear enhancement to transformable candies/scrolls. Gear no longer has atk/cast/run speed. Sure candies drop in game, but are nowhere near as good as the ones in the cash shop. In order to stay competitive you'll need those p2w candies/scrolls. I'm starting to wish Aion never went f2p, it just all went downhill afterwards.

Good to know, was wondering if Aion had gotten better / worse with time... my main issue with Aion back at launch was just how severe the gear disparity was between reasonably acquirable 'green' / 'blue' gear and super grindy / crazy RNG 'yellow' gear... guess they just replaced (or added to?) that with P2W items :/

Edit: And I didn't mind the levelling in Aion, it was challenging, took long enough that gear (crafting etc.) felt worth it, the quests where generally well written (yes I actually read most of them), and the world / instances were varied... so if the main thing they have done is shorten the time until you hit the PvP meat grinder then no thanks.
    Yeah, the cash shop is all over the place.  Went to enter the first solo dungeon and got a popup that I could buy a multi-buff that lasted the duration of the dungeon run.  Didn't need it in a starter zone as everything even the bosses went down in one shot.  Looked at the crafting and it took me to the cash shop offering to just sell me crafting materials. 

Still doesn't seem as bad as SWTOR that constantly tells me my XP is limited unless I sub. and there's a cap on how much money each character can have, the excess gets stored until I sub.
    Nanbinohamlathis

• NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    WarEnsemble said:

Wait, you claim......that you were hacked 100+ times and yet you still kept playing?

I have been hacked tons of times in blizzards world of warcraft. I stopped playing in 2010. Tons of emails saying my account is compromised. Ignored it for years, just yesterday signed in out of curiosity, to see all my end chars gone. Some scrubby lvl 1 chars sitting there. So it is possible to get hacked without playing.
    jarsku85
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,071
    There are Korean mobile games that give more gameplay satisfaction then Aion these days. I wasn't impressed by the changes, and i'm still waiting for "Aion Vision" to actually happen.

Remember this little gem?
    Octagon7711

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited October 2018

Why?

What problem is there?

That a game people play and enjoy is still online and available in "current year", so they can?

Is it that people are playing and enjoying something you don't like? Is that your problem?

What "problem", exactly, are you talking about?

I don't play Aion and don't find it particularly enjoyable myself. But I'm glad it's still around, and actively updated/developed, so others can, regardless of the "current year". Do you find my perspective problematic?

There are other MMORPGs that have been out *far* longer than Aion that are still up and running, with people playing them "in current year". Might they be a "problem", too?

Are there any actual reasonable thoughts or arguments behind your comment? Anything objectively wrong you can point to about it? Or were you just trying to look clever?

Keep in mind: Objective =/= Your Own Strongly Held Opinions
    Octagon7711itchmon
  • jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    edited October 2018

Nanbino said:

WarEnsemble said:

Wait, you claim......that you were hacked 100+ times and yet you still kept playing?

I have been hacked tons of times in blizzards world of warcraft. I stopped playing in 2010. Tons of emails saying my account is compromised. Ignored it for years, just yesterday signed in out of curiosity, to see all my end chars gone. Some scrubby lvl 1 chars sitting there. So it is possible to get hacked without playing.

In WoW i didn't even have characters also my account was blocked. But when i went back to NA Aion it still had my 10 lvl character from sub time trial :smiley:
    Post edited by jarsku85 on
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Couldn't get the game to load kept getting an xgen whatever error. Even trying most file fixes it still would not load. Aion support telling people to disable certain things in your anti virus protection....yeah ok, hard pass for me.

Probably for the best anyway. Did not care for the game the day it came out and flooded the air waves with the latest WoW killer, wont care for it today.