Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mage or Warlock?

oliverc4oliverc4 Member Posts: 199
Hi, I'm planning to create a new character and deciding whether to make
the horde character on a new server being Mage or Warlock? Which is
actually more fun?     

--------Signature---------
starting a new journey may not be so hard,
or maybe it has already begun.
There are many worlds,
but they share the same sky --- one sky, one destiny.

http://mmorpg.qj.net/category/World-of-Warcraft/cid/325

Comments

• OldManFunkOldManFunk Member Posts: 894
    Mage = Water Boy

Warlock = ZOMGBBQSAUCEPWNZORIFIC

Go with Rogue.

• Mills3Mills3 Member Posts: 5

warlock is PvP

mage is more easly invited into groups

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Between the two classes, I've had the most fun with warlock. Nothing beats summoning people to the depths of lakes and lava. : )

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

Warlock = PvP

Mage = PvE

Then again Mages are really good in Alterac Valley ;)

• MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118
     I disagree, Warlock is very much a PvE class, with summoning, pet buffs, soulstones, and healthstones.

Go warlock, it's a blast, and because there are less of them than mages, you'll find guilds easier ;)

• gnappagnappa Member Posts: 81

Warlock!

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Originally posted by oliverc4
    Hi, I'm planning to create a new character and deciding whether to make the horde character on a new server being Mage or Warlock? Which is actually more fun?     

Thats like asking what position on a basketball team is more fun. You may want to read what each class does.....then make a decison based on what YOU like. What I like, and what YOU like are 2 totaly different things perhaps.

Also someone said....there is few warlocks so you should have an easy time finding a guild. That isnt necessarily true. Guilds also need very few to do a raid. But I dont think you would have a problem finding a guild with either class myself.

• SilthariousSiltharious Member Posts: 52

<br>

<br>

<-------- look at my avatar. Don't I look so evil? Warlocks can be really fun, just having to worry about soul shards all the time is driving me nuts. I use them like candy. I've never gotten a mage to level 20 before because I can't stand creating new characters. I bet being able to teleport to capitals would be fun. I still choose warlock, they will pwn you.

Who asked you.

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Nothing like Deathcoil + massive dots.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362
    Caveat - my main is a warlock, although one of my alts in a mage

Warlocks are:

- More complex to play
      - Better for pvp (very little can beat a good warlock in a 1v1 duel)
      - Are better in long fights, and keep on kicking out damage long after the mage has gone out of mana
      - Are better for solo PvE, hardly having to rest at all
      - Survive by having lots of hit points, fear abilities and a pet to trade aggro with
      - Other players expect you to summon them to dungeons

Mages

- Kick out lots of damage very quickly
      - Have to rest between each fight in order to drink and restore their mana
      - Survive by using a variety of very powerful escape spells
      - Other players expect you to conjure food and water and act as the party vending machine...

I personally enjoy playing a warlock far more - they are alot more tactically varied, and having to work with your pet teaches you alot about aggro management (and understanding aggro is the most important skill for all classes when grouping).

I would also advise anyone starting a Horde Warlock to play as undead. Will of the forsaken and cannibalism are both very useful abilites. For a mage, race isn't as important (since they can conjure food, cannibalism is useless).

• DelandorDelandor Member Posts: 26
    No one else can decide for you what you should play. A good way to decide is to read up on both of the classes and decide which sounds better to you. The best way is to play them both to level 10 or 20 and see which you find more fun and more to your taste. I like them both. The warlock is good for soloing, because of the pet and good damage, and the mage is excelent in groups, being a vending machine and massive damage dealer. If you like cruel and cool abilities that drain health and cause continuous pain or awsome pets and mounts, go with warlock. If you like to blow things up and stop them from moving or helping other people with food and water as well as portals, go with mage. It all depends on what you like to do. Just try them both out.

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us... they can't get away this time."
    - Lieutenant General Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller
    "PVP revolves around 2 unorganized masses zerging eachother"
    World of Warcraft: Night Elf Hunter (Main) & Tauren Druid (low lvl alt)

• mister_GuSmister_GuS Member Posts: 811
    WARLOCK FTW!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riggy for shissy:
    Pent 4 2.66
    1 GIG ram
    Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition
    120 gigs of HD

REMEMBER: He who hates the beaner, Will loose his WIENER!