Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76 B.E.T.A. First Impressions! - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageFallout 76 B.E.T.A. First Impressions! - MMORPG.com

Our own Christopher Bowman had a chance to get in on the Fallout 76 XBox One B.E.T.A. yesterday and he's got some impressions to share with our community along with some fantastic gameplay footage. Check it out and let us know what you think!

Read the full story here

Comments

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    edited October 2018
    Thought the beta was "private" ? Also, no offense but the commentary in this video was rather dull, none exciting, kinda bland.
    DeathboNanbinogastovski1marcjt20

imageimage

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Looks like the same old stuff to me.
    JeffSpicolialkarionlogTokken[Deleted User]Nanbinogastovski1Arskaaa
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Multi-player not mentioned in the video? :-( Open world PvP? Guilds? Death penalties? How limited will interaction with other player actually be? Limited but good video.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DrationDration Member CommonPosts: 9
    edited October 2018
    I'm curious if the story line going to be any good?
    With the combination of survival mechanics
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Hariken said:

only with smaller super mutants, they are tossing teh whole damn lore out, hell forget that there is no more lore anymore
    ScotKyleran[Deleted User]Nanbinogastovski1uriel_mafess
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 543

Multi-player not mentioned in the video? :-( Open world PvP? Guilds? Death penalties? How limited will interaction with other player actually be? Limited but good video.

It was a 4 hour test. I doubt there was much time to do more than a little bit of pve combat. I am hoping Bowman gets a chance to play through more Beta periods and is able to answer some of the questions you have.
  • Thawolf1Thawolf1 Member UncommonPosts: 21

Sorry guys, I was trying to go through the basics of the beta in a specific time frame of a video so people could see some of the main things. It is some smaller multiplayer servers. I saw at least 10 people at one time when I was playing. There aren't guilds atm that I noticed. Death penalties I saw, you lose some of your junk off of you (loot) and then you can go back to your body to pick it up. You can invite people to join your team or trade with them too. People can shoot you but if you don't accept a duel then they cant really hurt you badly. The story is pretty good, I didn't want to spoil it for anyone because this was the full game not just a beta.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran[Deleted User]LeFantomebartoni33

Splattr said:

It was a 4 hour test. I doubt there was much time to do more than a little bit of pve combat. I am hoping Bowman gets a chance to play through more Beta periods and is able to answer some of the questions you have.

I managed to get to level 9 and explore quite a bit, and accomplished quite a bit of story. Very fun for sure. You can believe I will be getting more footage later on and hopefully doing more review videos.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    That sound de-sync in the action bits was pretty bad. In game beta thing or just the video?
    sneakerz007
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

TaishiFox said:

Thought the beta was "private" ? Also, no offense but the commentary in this video was rather dull, none exciting, kinda bland.

What do you mean? How could he make it more "exciting"? I appreciate the reviewers matter-of-fact tone a lot. I'm really tired of over-the-top hype, jokiness, and unnecessary exclamations. I thought it was well done.
    Kyleranbartoni33

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394
    this game is literally ESO with a fallout skin, who's not surprised at all?
    IselinKylerangastovski1TacticalZombeh
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    epoq said:
    this game is literally ESO with a fallout skin, who's not surprised at all?
    Me thinks you exaggerate a bit sir.
    maskedweasel[Deleted User]XarkoTacticalZombeh

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sneakerz007sneakerz007 Member UncommonPosts: 95

Iselin said:

That sound de-sync in the action bits was pretty bad. In game beta thing or just the video?

i noticed that too. hope it was the video.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Just cancelled my pre-order. Not so much for the game itself, but it isn't really doing for me either at this point. More due to multiplayer with RL friends not looking like it's going to happen.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    am I the only one not excited about this game? Seems below FO4 standards.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    I myself cant see any reason to try this over the heavy modded FO4 I use other than the PvP which im not at all interested in, or even if I was not the way this has been done.

The whole faction thing had such massive potential for a larger scale affair, but this is a 1/2 way house to no where.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Nyctelios said:

Hariken said:

only with smaller super mutants, they are tossing teh whole damn lore out, hell forget that there is no more lore anymore
    You can spit on it about many things but saying they are missing the spot on the lore is really not one of them. They went as far as researching local urban legends to create enemies fitting to the setting - and there are many Fallout world building lore details hidden here and there.

I'm cautious - yet still excited. Fallout is a series that brings me and my brother together - we love FO4 and we both played and shared our different crazy events. I introduced him to modding and it made him play the game three times on it's entirety.

I know is not the hotest direction they could have taken the series to - having played all of them since the very first I'm very aware of it - yet there are people who want to play this.

Edit: Misspell
    You played all of the Fallout games eh?

Including Fallout Tactics?

I actually loved that one too....all the fun of the turn based combat of the first two without the messy role playing parts. 

Just load up and kill stuff....

Yeah, I'll probably fit right in for Fallout 76.
    ConstantineMerus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Here is my first impressions summed up in exactly two words

"Battle Royale"
    Kyleran

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Your all thinking it, no one saying it: Dumbed down version piggybacking off the quick buck market of battle royal and survival games.

It's a polished turd we will have to put our best fanboi faces on to try and ignore it's foul odor as we consume it.
    gastovski1bartoni33uriel_mafess
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited October 2018
    I still dont like how you can start the game, make a pistol from a pipe and some junk and go on to slaughter bunch of super mutants straight away. I hope thats just a beta build thing.
  • sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200
    So hyped, this is the best setting for a survival game by a mile. Now I hope they'll do a proper job with that one and deliver full quality triple-A product with deep crafting, fun PVP and exploring experience.

Iselin said:

i noticed that too. hope it was the video.

My twitch video did that for some reason, it was worse than that until I adjusted the audio the best I could for the short time I had.

Here is my first impressions summed up in exactly two words

"Battle Royale"

Has nothing to do with battle royale, you can't be hurt that badly unless you engage in a duel from what I have seen. I was hit and shot lots of times and took little to no damage from other players. It is Fallout, with other people playing with you. I grouped up with other players to do events like wave after wave of scorchers to get an event reward with no problems.

Nanbino said:

Your all thinking it, no one saying it: Dumbed down version piggybacking off the quick buck market of battle royal and survival games.

It's a polished turd we will have to put our best fanboi faces on to try and ignore it's foul odor as we consume it.

I am the resident Battle Royale guy here at MMORPG.com with over 1500 hours in PUBG alone, and other hours in Last Tide, Fortnite, Blackout, Ring of Elysium, let me tell you this is not a battle royale game. Not even close. Everything is as Fallout as you can get with multiplayer.
    Kyleranbartoni33[Deleted User]
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    How the heck are people thinking this is a Battle Royale game? Everything I've seen points to a Fallout game, PvE focused, co-op multiplayer, with SOME PvP elements.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]