Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fun, lighthearted game on Steam or GOG?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Going through some stuff right now.  Anyone know of a fun, lighthearted game on Steam or GOG I might play to distract myself?  Already have Stardew Valley.

Thanks!

Comments

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 527
    edited October 2018
    My time at portia. In EA on steam, if you do EA. Has a demo as well, i would suggest, if you want to take a look. A lot like stardew but more on the building and fighting side. 

I do not usually do EA but the demo got me playing and was having fun so went in.

I tried the demo, had to reboot to get it to run for some reason would not start after installing till i did a reboot. Never had that happen with a demo before. And not had any crashes or issues on either the demo or game since.

Has a story-missions that you do as well. 

Does have some farming...but it is in boxes that you have to build then plant in. 

http://mytimeatportia.wikia.com/wiki/My_Time_at_Portia_Wiki

Take a look at wiki see the stuff to build, and such, or take a look on youtube.  Or the demo as i suggested above.

Post edited by Sandmanjw on
    Scorchien
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I was at my son's house last weekend and we played Overcooked. It's a fun game playing as 2 teams of 2. Not sure about solo but  it fits lighthearted and fun. It's also on sale on Steam right now for 66% off:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/448510/Overcooked/

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Portal 1 and 2.

The Stanley Parable
    The Stanley Parable is a first person exploration game. You will play as Stanley, and you will not play as Stanley. You will follow a story, you will not follow a story. You will have a choice, you will have no choice. The game will end, the game will never end.

The Sims.
    Second Life.

All the best to you and yours, hang in there.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• shavashava Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Portal 1 and 2.

um. Portal lighthearted?

I want to watch you stream Dark Souls and giggling like you're on nitrous the whole time, dude...

Do not click through to read if you haven't played, just look at header:

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-linux-society-1000004/portal-2-is-the-most-depressing-game-ever-spoilers-28769763/
    ConstantineMerus
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited October 2018
    shava said:
    Portal 1 and 2.

um. Portal lighthearted?

I want to watch you stream Dark Souls and giggling like you're on nitrous the whole time, dude...

Do not click through to read if you haven't played, just look at header:

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-linux-society-1000004/portal-2-is-the-most-depressing-game-ever-spoilers-28769763/
    OK strike Portal but I thought it was a nice puzzle game and GLaDOS was pretty funny. 

Must be 'in the eye of the beholder' type of thing.
    Is Portal 2 the Funniest Game of All Time?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Rogue Wizards
    Desktop Dungeons
    Swords and Soldiers
    Crashlands
    Fez
    Hero Siege

Just some simple fun games, to stay OT

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• FromZeroToMinus1FromZeroToMinus1 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Slime rancher is a very, very nice game to play when going through stuff. Fun, lighthearted and very relaxing.
    Gorweimmodiumlaxie
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Portal Knights, a mix between Minecraft, Skysaga and Trove. Lots of exploring, basic quests and building. 
    Scorchien
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Sandmanjw said:
    My time at portia. In EA on steam, if you do EA. Has a demo as well, i would suggest, if you want to take a look. A lot like stardew but more on the building and fighting side. 

I do not usually do EA but the demo got me playing and was having fun so went in.

I tried the demo, had to reboot to get it to run for some reason would not start after installing till i did a reboot. Never had that happen with a demo before. And not had any crashes or issues on either the demo or game since.

Has a story-missions that you do as well. 

Does have some farming...but it is in boxes that you have to build then plant in. 

http://mytimeatportia.wikia.com/wiki/My_Time_at_Portia_Wiki

Take a look at wiki see the stuff to build, and such, or take a look on youtube.  Or the demo as i suggested above.

This is fabulous. I do hope the UI and controls are less annoying than Maple Story 2 which in the end managed to annoy me right out of the game.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited October 2018

My Time in Portia is a great suggestion , my kid loves that game ..

All games that dont take themselves to seriously and/or have good humor and lightheartedness about them

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Thanks guys!
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Going through some stuff right now.  Anyone know of a fun, lighthearted game on Steam or GOG I might play to distract myself?  Already have Stardew Valley.

Thanks!
    Are you seeking quick and fun, or are games with a bigger time investment more of what you're looking for? Or perhaps any fun, light-hearted game will suffice?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR