Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Name your dream private server

If you could have a private server of any MMO, what would it be? What changes, if any, would you include? For myself, if I could have a fully functioning private server of City of Heroes/City of Villains, I would be ridiculously happy. I know they're working on a reboot under a different name, but, like most people I'm impatient and would much rather have it now than later.
gunklackerAmathe

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Honestly, this might be a little weird, but I want a private server of Tabula Rasa. I actually really enjoyed the game quite a bit back in the day and was rather irritated when it got shut down. I know it wasn't all that well received but it was still a memorable experience for me.

Or The Chronicles of Spellborn. I really really liked the games art style and how it played, I actually never got much of a chance to play it at all before it shut down, but I really would love to be able to give it a shot again. 
    mmolougunklackervonryan123hayes303
  • gunklackergunklacker Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Tabula Rasa with some type of end game, maybe map wide meta base defance,s events
    Quicksand
  • ShelvinarrShelvinarr Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Honestly, this might be a little weird, but I want a private server of Tabula Rasa. I actually really enjoyed the game quite a bit back in the day and was rather irritated when it got shut down. I know it wasn't all that well received but it was still a memorable experience for me.

Or The Chronicles of Spellborn. I really really liked the games art style and how it played, I actually never got much of a chance to play it at all before it shut down, but I really would love to be able to give it a shot again. 
    I actually enjoyed Tabula Rasa, even if it were unfinished and some of the classes were OP when it came to PvP. But, the world felt alive when the NPCs attacked the outposts and you could defend and lose an outpost. 
    gunklacker
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 619
    For most MMOs that got shut down, there arent any I would want a private server for that do not already have one. But for games that I wish got finished and had a private server, I always wanted to play Stargate Worlds. I never got into the alpha or beta, and heard it got cancelled before most systems were really useable, but it always intrigued me, and I love the IP.
  • Andel_SkaarAndel_Skaar Member UncommonPosts: 401
    If you could have a private server of any MMO, what would it be? What changes, if any, would you include? For myself, if I could have a fully functioning private server of City of Heroes/City of Villains, I would be ridiculously happy. I know they're working on a reboot under a different name, but, like most people I'm impatient and would much rather have it now than later.
     Week ago, i thought to myself, would it not be cool there was a Black Desert Online Private server without all the p2w crap and content fails, i googled a bit and voila, one private server had OBT day after so i joined, waiting for release now.
    http://crimsondesert.online/download

Played on a few other private servers but this one is what i am most hyped about.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    City of Heroes would be it for me.

SWG (as it was originally) would be nice as well.
    PhrymrputtsNorseGod

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• demadildemadil Member UncommonPosts: 88
    MXO
  • mmoloummolou Member UncommonPosts: 256

Tabula Rasa not so much, but Spellborn, hell yes, loved the art style, the world, and the rotating deck combat system, was a real shame how they handled the game overall though.
    TheScavenger
    It is a funny world we live in.
    We had Empires run by Emperors, we had Kingdoms run by Kings, now we have Countries...
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Nostalrius at 2.2
    [Deleted User]
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Star Wars Galaxies for friends and family. So a dedicated server that I run on a PC of mine basically. And then in a mix from preNGE and late NGE. I would not play any other MMORPG.
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    If I were going to have a private server, I'd probably name it Floyd.  I have no idea what game I'd want to run on it, though.

GladDogPalebanecentkin

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I would love to see Tabula Rasa, MXO, or CoH get a private server up and running. Never gonna happen though.
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 683
    City of Heroes would be my number one for sure. I'd even be able to convince a friend or two to join me in that one I'm sure. There are other games I'd enjoy playing but probably wouldn't be able to get friends into. Tabula Rasa, Asheron's Call 2, Chronicles of Spellborn, and Matrix Online would fit in that category.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Asheron's Call and City of Heroes
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Chronicles of Spellborn

Yeeesss .. game was ahead of its time and deserves another chance
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,625
    Archeage with no cash shop.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    I already have mine. But i don't know if i can say it here without getting suspended. But its already up and running for one of my favorite mmo's that got closed down.
  • kkorner6kkorner6 Member CommonPosts: 2
    Dransik pre-DS, got the fondest memories of that game in my teens, official server is basically on life-support with 3 players and cash-shop crap, but now after 10 years of waiting, there is a private server currently in closed-alpha soon to be opened for public. Come check it out if any oldies around here. https://www.dransikrebirth.com/
  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Ultima Online X or 2 -- See what that could have been.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    There is something about Ultima X that can't be replicated in todays MMORPGs so, something like that crossed with Dransik Classic. Or just some old school skill grinder.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ArchidArchid Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Warhammer Online and Vanguard... Tabula Rasa would be nice too and Spellborn.

the best way to kill a troll is to FLAME ON! ...or with acid...

• rage89rage89 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Tabula Rasa with some type of end game, maybe map wide meta base defance,s events
    ill third,fourth or whatever this, loved the gameplay of tabula rasa and never got to the non exsistant endgame of it but enjoyed it greatly (so many new concepts in it that wernt done before, many of them were picked up by newer MMOs but that base defense vs NPCs isnt to used these days (i know gw2 has meta progressive events but they reset at the end and feels shallow).
  • JakikJakik Member UncommonPosts: 27
    A more completed version of Vanguard Saga of Heroes would be great.
    Palebane
  • sacredcow4sacredcow4 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Already exists. FFA PvP classless WoW with loot on death. Ascension!
     I've been here a while...