Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 OC Edition Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 OC Edition Review - MMORPG.com

NVIDIA kicked off their newest Turing generation of cards with the RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti. Gamers have had to wait some time for the RTX 2070, and naturally, we have as well. How will this card fare? This is our review of Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 OC Edition.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    I know...
    The max price for this card should be 700 or so, but they insist with pumped prices of cryptomining times. Those times are over, cryptofarming is not that optimal as it was.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

achmede said:

I know...

The max price for this card should be 700 or so, but they insist with pumped prices of cryptomining times. Those times are over, cryptofarming is not that optimal as it was.

crypto mining have fpga and asic. a 2070 gpu can only make $1.20-$1.40 per day not counting electricity cost and increasing difficulty. no one is going to buy super expensive gpu the return is simply not there.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    The prices on these cards are outrageous. I thought with the end of the mining boom and the excess inventories we would finally see more realistic asking prices. Guess not. It would be nice if AMD could come out with a decent value card to fill the void. On the bright side there aren't any decent mmos out that you really need a new card for anyway!
    It costs a lot for you to buy it because it costs a lot for Nvidia and Asus to build it.  If you don't like that, then don't buy it.  GPUs with 445 mm^2 dies on a cutting edge process node with a lot of memory based on a brand new JEDEC standard are never going to be cheap.
    [Deleted User]cheyaneOzmodan
  • PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 OC Edition = £818.99

MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080TI 11G = £599.00

I play at 4K so the 1080 ti is what I went for.
    Ozmodan
  • jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    edited October 2018
    I bought a GTX 1070 just a couple months before the mining boom started for $280 from Microcenter. I could still flip it for a profit haha. Right now it's doing great driving my 1440p 27" Benq monitor. For the price, the 2070 & 2080 are NOT recommended upgrades unless you have a 4K monitor. My advice for anyone with a pre 1070/1080 series card looking to upgrade is to check Craigslist and grab a used 1070. They range from $260 (base) - $350 (Ti model) in my area. ************************************************************ Even Tom's Hardware is only recommending the 2000 series for 4K. They recommend the 1070 @ $400 new for 1440p. 1080 for VR. https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gpus,4380.html