Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Once again a Newbie to Anarchy Online.

EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

I used to play this game about 4 years ago before SWG made its debut to the mmorpg world. I downloaded the software and installed the game once again.

Alot has changed since I last played and still have access to my Level 103 Omni Atrox Enforcer. However, I decided to start at level 1 again, just to get the feel for the game and already at Level 8.

Does anyone got some tips that they could spare and is Omni still as popular as they were 4 years ago? Is it best to do missions to level? And are there any hot spots or tactics that I should know about? And what class is good to solo as well for grouping?

I created a Level 8 Soildier (hmm did I spell that right, lol) and been around the area I guess is what they call newbie island?

Thank You =)

Comments

• maxfliermaxflier Member Posts: 38

Good choice going with a soldier.

I think Clan outnumbers Omni nowadays, but not by a whole lot. So either would be a good choice. I personally would never make a clan toon, but it's your choice.

The addition of the Shadowlands expansion has made it a lot easier to lvl up once you make it past 150'ish because you can do hecklers and Penumbra missions after that.

Dirk "Maxflier" Pitt
    215/30 Agent

• XpheyelXpheyel Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 704

Do you have the expansions? That will change the dynamic. I haven't been a soldier but from what I've seen the gun choice is tough.

Martial Artist is a pretty versatile class. They are also good in the Shadowlands. The mobs in the Shadowlands generally have high AC's. MA critical hit buffs really counteract that. Also you've got heals (though they have a long recharge time). The recharge time for casting a heal or any other nano-program can't be lowered by increasing your initiative, which means you won't really have people expecting you to be a dynamite healer.

Adventurer is good too, in teams you might end up as either a DD or the healer (shorter recharge).

The subway is a good place to level up. You're going to want a Vagabond Cloak for a little while anyway. 35 All Def is pretty nice against the subway mobs.

There are fairly extensive Omni Start up quests.

Employees of Omni-Tek also get some nice stat-boosting duds.

You can probably hold off on missions until level 15. You'll get two tokens per mission and will be able to upgrade your Token Board.

If you go to the alley in Rome Green along the Rome Red wall, you'll notice a weird guy standing next to shiny blue portal. That'll take you to the Temple of the Three Winds (once you pay the guy 1000 credits for a key to use the portal) which has all sorts of phats.

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

I'm coming back as well using a froob acct for now, going to be playing this and Guild Wars until something really interesting comes out.

or Lost Eden just blows me away, then I will upgrade to a full or reopen my old acct.

Current Games:

• baalhobaalho Member Posts: 15
    clan pwen omni
    side xp was like 14% last week, its fallen a bit.
    We own tara atm.

^^