Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CoE's concept in a nutshell

13»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    AnOldFart said:
    See I LOL a post I find funny, some posts do actually make me laugh. If people are using it for a negative reason then IMHO their perception is skewed. 
    I use it both ways.   Sometimes you laugh because it’s funny and sometimes because it’s ridiculous.

In the end it’s all good.
    AnOldFartKyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited October 2018
    AnOldFart said:
    See I LOL a post I find funny, some posts do actually make me laugh. If people are using it for a negative reason then IMHO their perception is skewed. 
    I use it both ways.   Sometimes you laugh because it’s funny and sometimes because it’s ridiculous.

There's one particular poster who uses it to simply express that he doesn't like your post.
    Often times, the post is not humorous, not ridiculous and does not express something funny, and that for the most part, would express a poster's opinion, as in your case @Slapshot1188 , when you report something from the COE Discord Chanel, and that poster doesn't like what you report, he will post a "LOL" up-vote in an attempt to actually down-vote. 

On one hand it's funny, because this poster puts his over the top levels of ignorance on display for the whole Internet to see, but on the other, it's a bit annoying because you really aren't supposed to use the site's tools like that.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    AnOldFart said:

There's one particular poster who uses it to simply express that he doesn't like your post.
    Often times, the post is not humorous, not ridiculous and does not express something funny, and that for the most part, would express a poster's opinion, as in your case @Slapshot1188 , when you report something from the COE Discord Chanel, and that poster doesn't like what you report, he will post a "LOL" up-vote in an attempt to actually down-vote. 

On one hand it's funny, because this poster puts his over the top levels of ignorance on display for the whole Internet to see, but on the other, it's a bit annoying because you really aren't supposed to use the site's tools like that.
    Some men just want to see the world burn.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Scot said:
    It is turning into the Project Entropia of the fantasy MMO genre, though still a long way to get as P2W as PE.

Project entropia isn't P2W . .. it is basically Pay-to-gamble :). Big difference really. 
    Scot
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Scot said:
    It is turning into the Project Entropia of the fantasy MMO genre, though still a long way to get as P2W as PE.

Project entropia isn't P2W . .. it is basically Pay-to-gamble :). Big difference really. 
    Worse then and as you know you need to watch how much you are throwing at that game. :)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Scot said:
    Scot said:

Worse then and as you know you need to watch how much you are throwing at that game. :)
    At least it doesn't pretend to be anything but what it is, though as with all forms of gambling they overstate the probability of the average player winning.

A very few may win big, but most won't and many lose big which is sort of a reverse form of whaling, paying a lot to lose, P2L I guess?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon