Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Person Point Of View...?

NihilisNihilis Member Posts: 119
 So if you want to play in third person you'll be gimped in combat and you can't enter into buildings in third person view?  Big mistake.

"Time.." I chuckled "I hold no secret to time, though it's mystery puzzles me. Deny it's existence and lie to myself not with hopes of a quickened pace."

Comments

• VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492
    ok, you stated your dislike but for what reason is it a bad idea?
  • Mikey0114Mikey0114 Member Posts: 310
    Ok, I don't ever remember that being released officially. Big mistake if you just leaked that information out just now, since the NDA has not been lifted yet.

Other then that, this game is aimed at being played in First Person. 3rd person is just an extra feauture they desired to add for us. If you leaked this from beta, you are very clueless about the game's status.....mainly because things still need to be arranged.

Besides that, its a very small issue, not even worth getting upset over.
  • VirtusVirtus Member Posts: 492
    actaully it was, just found it

here

and

here

• NihilisNihilis Member Posts: 119
     It is information that can be found on the official website and was also officially released.  I think the game has a great concept and I'll definitely be checking out this release in july but I think the idea of playing the game in a mostly FP view is a turn off to most MMORPG gamers.

But who knows, maybe the combat system will just be very innovative and make up for that.

"Time.." I chuckled "I hold no secret to time, though it's mystery puzzles me. Deny it's existence and lie to myself not with hopes of a quickened pace."

• HotcellHotcell Member UncommonPosts: 279

I havent tried the game yet, but it gives me the impression of Oblivion.

In Oblivion, sure you can go third person, but you'll be so gimped. Example when you are blocking with a shield. How do you block an attack that is coming from above, or below, or sides if you are using third person view? Or how do you aim your sword to hit the head, or the leg?

You can play it in third person, but it just wont work really that good.

That said, this is only my impression based on the few reading I done.

• MicaelisMicaelis Member Posts: 33

I think the problem of not being able to see in 3d view, inside buildings and other such things is not such a big thing to be upset about.

What I know 100% is that Roma Victor is not made to be played in 3rd person view, from the forums and details that are released.

And I believe that for the fun of taking screenshots and such, RedBedlam will hopefully fix the problem in the future, to allow us to take screenshots of ourselves indoors, which would be nice, but its not such a biggy.

Anyway, its a problem which can probably be fixed, so you don't need to worry about that.

I don't know what to put here yet.

• chlaoschlaos Member Posts: 1,118

Originally posted by Nihilis
     It is information that can be found on the official website and was also officially released.  I think the game has a great concept and I'll definitely be checking out this release in july but I think the idea of playing the game in a mostly FP view is a turn off to most MMORPG gamers.

But who knows, maybe the combat system will just be very innovative and make up for that.

It is a negative for me.  Im excited about the game, but that is one of the things I dislike.  

"The man who exchanges Liberty for Iconic classes is a fool deserving of neither." - Me and Ben Franklin

• Ferox(SM)Ferox(SM) Member Posts: 169
    third person view is simply for looking at your character, you cannot fight or do anything else while in tpv.

Think you have what it takes to take the 'Oath of the legion' and become a true soldier of Rome?
    Service guarantees citizenship!

• JorevJorev Member Posts: 1,500

Actually 3rd person view can be very helpful in combat for determining and following thru with tactics, especially in certain geographical settings.

It's unusual for modern MMOGs not to provide both. It is definitely a negative not to.

"We feel gold selling and websites that promote it damage games like Vanguard and will do everything possible to combat it."
    Brad McQuaid
    Chairman & CEO, Sigil Games Online, Inc.
    Executive Producer, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
    www.vanguardsoh

• ShumaShuma Member Posts: 4

I actualy think it's great that combat is FP view only. That way you can't look around without actualy turning to do so. You won't be able to see someone coming at you from your blind spots. Makes for more realism. For me that equals more fun.