Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have never have I seen such a negative response to a WoW expansion (BFA)

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
It started off to a rough start

First two weeks in, already people disappointed and unsubscribing.

WoD, the least favorite of many WoWers...at least most people enjoyed it for a month or two before they were disappointed

BFA takes the cake.

Most negative player feedback I've ever seen. Not just on WoW official forums, but WoW reddit, MMORPG.com and a lot of other places are filled with people disappointed with BFA. Joking about how its an early access expansion. Joking that Blizzard is an indie company. Mass posts of "I quit" posts. Sure official forums always were negative in tone...but WoW reddit? Even during the WoD era I didn't see the mass amount of negativity on WoW reddit...almost always a bastion of positivity for WoW. Even MMO champion isn't very positive for BFA.

By far worst expansion Blizzard has ever released. Sure some people like it, but people also liked WoD so that isn't saying much when the overwhelming opinion is negativity.

But...people did say...only WoW would kill WoW.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    I like BfA for what it is...a themepark. Gameplay is still good and there are many rides.

The only thing that pisses me off is that the game is lagging during big battles (IoC, Tarren vs South,...).
    tbh, I like most of BFA. I quit though and moved to LOTRO, because they destroyed every class in the game (for me personally). Biggest two examples is shadow priest (which is my main) and enhancement/elemental shaman (my 2nd main). So I got screwed on two classes and three specs. But even if they were good...what happened to all my amazing shaman totems I had back in classic? Had like 15 totems I could put down, tons of buffs and all kinds of stuff. Where are all my abilities? What happened to a large talent tree that you could make your own choices or follow a guide of "optimal" stuff? I always just did my own choices and picked what was fun.

The classes just aren't fun like they used to be. But of course that is a personal opinion...I just liked far more involved classes that WoW used to have. Its only MMO I'm aware of that takes away abilities and gives you even less back lol. FFXIV/LOTRO/EQ2 etc all have tons of abilities to use in certain situations.

I think they are making the game have less and less buttons to make it work on consoles. That be only thing I can think of. Though I know some people don't care or like that approach.
    natpick

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    Wow, no pun intended, I don't play anymore but I thought this WoW expansion was suppose to be better & add a lot to WoW while sort of a bit bringing back some nostalgia.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    They are injecting RNG where it has no business being.  Legion troop types were selected by the player; now they're RNG.  Azerite traits are mostly RNG proc buffs, the azerite traits are RNG'd on the drop, as is the iLvL (to some extent).  Since the Azerite armor only dropped as part of your weekly Mythic chest, you had to hope for the exact trait you want in the iLvL you want.  Then you gotta grind the HoA most likely to unlock those traits in the higher iLvL gear.

Stack that on top of the random table missions, random WQ rewards, random Warfront rewards, random PvP rewards instead of a vendor...  And Blizzard has done an excellent job of wresting even more control away from the players in regards to what they work towards and how.
    [Deleted User]

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    edited October 2018
    They threw ALL the eggs into Legion only to finish Legion by plugging BFA [badly i may add since a GIANT SARGERAS LITERALLY STABBED OUR PLANET]. BFA is a giant disappointment compared to that, especially since they said over and over it was Faction-focused and then immediately added Old gods everywhere and Azshara [again. i swear Blizzard has no idea what to do with her].
  • VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    No one seems to see the trend that is Blizzard turning WoW into a MOBA.  Removing options, complexity and player choice are just the tip of the dumbing down iceberg toward which WoW is on a collision course.  Welcome to the era of e-sports and twitch. 
    Asch126

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    No one seems to see the trend that is Blizzard turning WoW into a MOBA.
    I think you're smoking something worse than Blizzard is.
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    some great points guys and almost all true sadly,im still playing but mostly cos i have 6 month sub and feel invested too much to quit,i drop into other games also mind,but yeh its sad to see how wow is heading after many great years,i started in beta all them years ago so have seen it all,i blame the current director ion and his community manager worshippers,very un proffessional imho.
  • CanibalolerCanibaloler Member UncommonPosts: 136
    oh how i loved this game back in 2004.. 

Some peaple should realize that world of warcraft is not world of warcraft anymore and blizzard is not the same blizzard as it used to be. This abomination is worst than the guards in undercity tbh :P
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I feel like BFA did everything right except it wasn't fun to play. The graphics were right, the music was right, the story and theme was right but actually playing the game felt like a chore. Thats all i got.
    AlbatroesMelecon
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I remember this reaction almost every expansion since Burning Crusade. In the beginning of BFA everyone seemed super pumped, there were issues sure, but over time people all got upset at how shallow it was. But this was the same thing that happened with Legion. The same thing that happened with Draenor. The same thing that happens every time. 
  • KrimzinKrimzin Member UncommonPosts: 687
    I guess I just don't get it. I love the expansion. There are so many things that I think they did well it offsets the things that were a little lack luster. I absolutely love the war system. I am not a PvPr but the fact that Ive leveled multiple toons with Warmode on made it more fun. I love the expansion.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station 
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I stopped playing blizzard games because they break everything that is good for no good reason. They destroyed my favorite builds in wow and diablo 3 both. Screw them, never again.
    Krimzin
  • StaticWaxStaticWax Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I haven't played since Cata but all these negative posts kind of make me wanna play again just so I can quit again. Now, that's real nostalgia.
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]laseritKalebGrayson
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I remember this reaction almost every expansion since Burning Crusade. In the beginning of BFA everyone seemed super pumped, there were issues sure, but over time people all got upset at how shallow it was. But this was the same thing that happened with Legion. The same thing that happened with Draenor. The same thing that happens every time. 
    The main reason people ended up 'liking' Legion was because you could get your BiS item from literally anything you did in game (legendaries). Couple that with doing some minor stuff to upgrade the legendary. Couple all of that with the artifact system, although being extremely grindy, gave you permanent power and spec growth in terms of what you could do as you leveled it up.

BfA tries to essentially roll all of that into the azerite system and honestly cannot fix it (they admit that themselves). The carrot this expansion is the azerite armor, which you have to grind heavily regardless of the vendor only to do that exact same thing again when ilvl scales. The traits on said grinded armor are then gated by azerite levels. Take that convulsion with the fake that you can farm out the same exact azerite piece that you deem bis with higher ilvl only to be gated by higher neck level to get the same exact traits you once had before, depending on the ring. BfA still suffers the same exact spec locking through gear through the azerite system which Ion and his team have admitted over and over that its on purpose. So, if you like playing multiple specs for various things, I hope you enjoy farming multiple sets. What makes this whole thing even funnier is that Ion admitted that if people find themselves changing between specs quite often, then the general traits may be the best way to go; HOWEVER, 8.1's new ring will only have spec traits.....so wait what? This whole system was designed with content extension in mind first and reality far down the line. Everyone knew vendors were going to come eventually, so its not like Blizzard should honestly be praised for something they were going to do anyway. If they want to be praised, they should bring back valor/justice points and let us farm those so we can manually push warforge/titanforge tiers and actually feel good about loot again instead of feeling like garbage just because it didn't titanforge high enough or seeing someone in lfr get a titanforge equal to a mythic baseline piece.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    i feel like this story happens every WoW xpac (since Cata) by different people. 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• KalebGraysonKalebGrayson Member RarePosts: 430
    As I've said before.  I'm only still playing because of my friends that I raid with.  I enjoy raiding with them enough to stay.  On non raid nights I'm playing Pathfinder Kingmaker.  Hell, I'd rather work on my wife's to-do list than play wow.
  • SubilacSubilac Member UncommonPosts: 49
    I recently leveled a Mage to 110 after like a 6 year hiatus. I decided to play some more before I paid 50 bucks for the expansion. Decided to start BG's. Four days sitting in queue, I didn't do one BG. AV, Isle of Conquest, and a few others, I was in queue for over 3 hours. It was like instant boredom. Let my sub run out. 
  • OnijinOnijin Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Outside of the fact they are trying to listen to player feedback atm. This reminds me of SWG and how it murdered itself.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Don't go to WoW forums......yeeeeeesshhhhh

If you like it keep at it. If you like your class keep at it.

If they 'ruined' your class, roll another and keep having fun.

If you ever stop having fun, then stop the sub and GTFO.

I know, this is world shattering advice and you're welcome!

Gut Out!

What, me worry?