Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spellbreak Pre-alpha Teaser - Epic Magic Combat in a Battle Royal / RPG

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageSpellbreak Pre-alpha Teaser - Epic Magic Combat in a Battle Royal / RPG

Spellbreak is a new "battle royale RPG featuring epic magic combat", a nice departure from the run and gun of most other BR games. Players combine a variety of spells that can upend an opponent while making agile leaps in the air to avoid damage.

Read the full story here

Comments

• RoyalValorRoyalValor Member UncommonPosts: 25
    This game looks pretty cool reminds me of Gigantic in some fashion
    Siphaed[Deleted User]
  • SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Issues: Proletariate already closed their last game -Streamline- rather early without ever launching. World Zombination closed as well just this past January and that was nothing more than a top-down tower defense game with zombies. For its last year in operation, they ran nearly silent with a singular update. The game was basically dumped for Streamline, which in turn was dumped less than 4 months later. Now they have this new game with a $99 "Limited Edition" Founders pack for what is basically a battle royal with mages. They're chasing fads with Twitch streaming as the main focus of all their products. And it is very discouraging to assume any long-term lifespan of this game when their track record says otherwise.
    vespar555gastovski1

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Everyone who tries to do "Battle Royale" after Fortnite crushed it needs to be open hand slapped in the mouth at this point.

Circle strafing, back pedaling, and jumping around without any stamina cost. ENOUGH MAN.

Game producers are getting more ridiculous than Hollywood.

"What if we did Twilight + Fortnite?" =X
    Alomar
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    dude it should lag like hell
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Looks fun .. though the market for mage gameplay may not be very large.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    "Real Gameplay From Real Players"

Because if it's done with fake players it isn't legit gameplay!
    Thupli
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Dragon43591Dragon43591 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    anything labeled Battle Royale is doomed to die off and live a short life. shoulda put this torward an mmorpg based title instead of an arcade fighting game.
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    An indie team exterminated Ashes of Creation and its million of funds, see the difference between "veterant" and fresh indie brain ?
    Blacklabelcali
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    I feel like those graphics would be awesome for Anarchy Online.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited October 2018
    This gave me Zelda Breath of the Wild Battle Royale vibes.

Outside of that, I don't see this being popular.

BR is the new Moba, which was the new MMO... everyone wanted a piece of the pie, didn't get it then shut down as a result.

It does look good visually.

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    BR reminds me of highlander quote "There can only be one"
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    BR reminds me of highlander quote "There can only be one"
    Not necessarily one, but your comment made me realize that BR is behaving exactly the same way Mobas did. Right now there are 3 popular BR games (Fortnite, Pubg, and the newly released CoD:Black ops 4). I find it amusing that there are also 3 popular mobas (LoL, Dota, and HotS).

Anything outside of that either fails or finds a small niche (like Smite and some mobile BR).

Just some thoughts.

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Another Battle Royale.....

*crickets*

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited October 2018
    In fairness, the Battle Royale genre needs a true medieval/fantasy iteration before the fad ends. (Seriously, how is there not a Highlander Battle Royale? How?)

In harsh reality, this game, though beautiful and interesting, comes from an unproven studio and I do not think that its odds of success are high.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Huh, I kinda wish we could get an mmo with this kind of polish in the animation/effects department and with the same level of free-form combat.
  • velimiriusvelimirius Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Not playing BRs but this looks dope
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I'd rather play a magic BR than Fortnite, but it seems like they looked at Fortnite and went . . . what made this popular . . . the graphic style!
    Blacklabelcali