Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Class Specs

NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
In your opinion, which class and their spec have consistently done well after every expansion?
To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/

Comments

• kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    frost mage
    NorseGod
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Thanks.

I think what I'm trying to do is figure out is if I have anything character-wise to play with for a month or so. I usually have a class not too far behind, but is trash due to whichever current expansion is out.

If I remember correctly, I played Legion with BE Frost DK, BE Fire Mage, and a Human HPally. To be honest, not sure if I'm going to sub ESO or WOW soon, but I would just like to focus on a class that's been consistently expansion proof.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    In case you didn't like Legion beware.... you won't like BfA. It is a watered down version of Legion. I happened to like Legion, BfA sucks. 
    NorseGod
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Monk is the best for questing imo. Mobility and aoe, plus a selfheal. Endgame you can tank, dps or heal.

DK is also nice to play. Terribly slow, but you hit hard (and tank hard). Currently the best tank endgame. I like to alt my DK. After healing, it's nice to hold your ground and smash stuff.

You can also never go wrong with druid. You can do melee, caster, tank and healing. Add stealth and instant travelform.

Keller said:
    Monk is the best for questing imo. Mobility and aoe, plus a selfheal. Endgame you can tank, dps or heal.

DK is also nice to play. Terribly slow, but you hit hard (and tank hard). Currently the best tank endgame. I like to alt my DK. After healing, it's nice to hold your ground and smash stuff.

You can also never go wrong with druid. You can do melee, caster, tank and healing. Add stealth and instant travelform.

Which dps spec for DK, though?

I forgot about druid. I think they have been consistent if I remember correctly. Like ice mage as @kertin stated. In fact, warriors could be on that list if I'm not mistaken. Ice mage for sure.
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    edited October 2018
    NorseGod said:
    Keller said:

Which dps spec for DK, though?

I forgot about druid. I think they have been consistent if I remember correctly. Like ice mage as @kertin stated. In fact, warriors could be on that list if I'm not mistaken. Ice mage for sure.
    I play Frost DK, just because it's easy with the procs.  Blood DK is best tank at the moment.

Fury Warriors have been improved since Vanilla, they're decent. My arms warrior has some idle time between cds and having enough energy to use an ability. It can feel slow because of that.

NorseGod
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    There weren't the modern specializations in Vanilla.  I don't know when they were added, but it's not possible for anything to have done well after every expansion.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    kertin said:
    frost mage
    At least at the low levels, frost mage is horribly weak, and by far the weakest class/specialization combination in the game.  I have no idea what happens at the high levels, though.
    Quizzical said:
    kertin said:
    frost mage
    At least at the low levels, frost mage is horribly weak, and by far the weakest class/specialization combination in the game.  I have no idea what happens at the high levels, though.
    To be fair, he was only answering the original question on consistency.
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    kertin said:
    frost mage
    It's funny you mention this, when I just read yesterday that frost mages are complaining about being ruined in the 8.1 update. It was a good ride at the top though I guess.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?