Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there any MMOs with Dungeons that don't require YouTube study?

13»

Comments

• SeriphinXSeriphinX Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Scot said:
    I like how everyone is so offended and angry over someone who doesn't want to be forced to watching youtube, when the info should be in the game to begin with.

The saddest thing about these people replying, is this isn't in the PUB for discussions. But in the LFG section for someone who wants to look for MMOs. But so many sad individuals replying that must live the saddest lives possible cause they can't stand someone who isn't like themselves or play exactly like they do. Most likely a bunch of bigots in real life that don't like anyone that isn't like themselves, just like the rest of the buffoon supporters.

I am so sad...sniff sniff.

I particularly liked the way you corralled those of us who find it strange that someone should expect everything they do in a game to not need any sort of instruction as evidence that we are Trump supporters. Quite a bizarre piece of reasoning really, so much so that it seemed rather buffoonish to me.

That's all I have time for now, Donald needs some help with his tweets.

lol...this isn't about not needing any sort of instruction.  It's about having to go to an outside source first to get it and then come back.  That's just lazy design imo.  Games like GTA Online, where I've ran Heists until my eyes bleed didn't require a single video, they kind of tell you what to do as you go, and leave it to you to get to Point B, C, and D on your own.  It's not about taking an easy route.  I was playing hard table top and video game rpgs and mmos for a long time before required Dungeon-Pluralsight came along lol.   

As for finally finding a game.  I plan on supporting Pantheon and paid into one in order to test the Alpha phase when it starts.  It seems to be harkening back to a non-instanced hardcore group experience that's been missing for a while.  I know there is a market for fear-of-death style gameplay, otherwise Dark Souls would not be so awesome and popular.   

Until then, I'm on Destiny 2 Forsaken for now.  I haven't watched any vids or taken Udemy classes first, although I seem to be raiding and doing pvp just fine for now.  Guess I'm a natural.  ;) 
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    No
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    I've never played an MMO that I ever felt compelled to watch videos for 2 hours before delving into a dungeon. If you want to play a game that requires other players while not caring about your own performance, you should just play with friends.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited October 2018
    SeriphinX said:
    Scot said:
    I like how everyone is so offended and angry over someone who doesn't want to be forced to watching youtube, when the info should be in the game to begin with.

The saddest thing about these people replying, is this isn't in the PUB for discussions. But in the LFG section for someone who wants to look for MMOs. But so many sad individuals replying that must live the saddest lives possible cause they can't stand someone who isn't like themselves or play exactly like they do. Most likely a bunch of bigots in real life that don't like anyone that isn't like themselves, just like the rest of the buffoon supporters.

I particularly liked the way you corralled those of us who find it strange that someone should expect everything they do in a game to not need any sort of instruction as evidence that we are Trump supporters. Quite a bizarre piece of reasoning really, so much so that it seemed rather buffoonish to me.

lol...this isn't about not needing any sort of instruction.  It's about having to go to an outside source first to get it and then come back.  That's just lazy design imo.  Games like GTA Online, where I've ran Heists until my eyes bleed didn't require a single video, they kind of tell you what to do as you go, and leave it to you to get to Point B, C, and D on your own.  It's not about taking an easy route.  I was playing hard table top and video game rpgs and mmos for a long time before required Dungeon-Pluralsight came along lol.   

As for finally finding a game.  I plan on supporting Pantheon and paid into one in order to test the Alpha phase when it starts.  It seems to be harkening back to a non-instanced hardcore group experience that's been missing for a while.  I know there is a market for fear-of-death style gameplay, otherwise Dark Souls would not be so awesome and popular.   

Until then, I'm on Destiny 2 Forsaken for now.  I haven't watched any vids or taken Udemy classes first, although I seem to be raiding and doing pvp just fine for now.  Guess I'm a natural.  ;) 
    I can understand wanting more in game instruction, but are you expecting a MMO to do an in game tutorial for a raid? In todays digital world why not use the resources of something like You Tube to facilitate the tutorials for you? Indeed why bother to spend your resources in such a way? You mentioned Pantheon, I am keeping an eye on that one myself, I hope they spend every penny on gameplay and content, not tutorials which can be found online at the click of a button.

I don't mind there being in game helps and tips, a MMO does not have to be an obstacle course to be a good MMO. But as I mentioned, most players get to top level in nearly everything without looking at any sort of online guide, it does not see a hardship to me to have to use You Tube at the end of levelling.
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited October 2018
    Scot said:

The sadder thing is you are in the LFG section, in someones thread of someone looking for an MMO that fits him...and ranting on and on about what he is looking for/his thread topic. Pretty much insulting his way of playing a game, and just trying to find an MMO that fits their gamestyle. 

Like this isn't even the discussion forum, its LFG section meant for people looking for an MMO that fits their style of gameplay. 
    Post edited by TheScavenger on

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited October 2018
    Scot said:

The sadder thing is you are in the LFG section, in someones thread of someone looking for an MMO that fits him...and ranting on and on about what he is looking for/his thread topic. Pretty much insulting his way of playing a game, and just trying to find an MMO that fits their gamestyle. 

Like this isn't even the discussion forum, its LFG section meant for people looking for an MMO that fits their style of gameplay. 
    You do have a rather odd way of caricaturing anyone who does not hold an opinion you like. I am not only sad and a Trump supporter but now I am ranting. Strangely as it may seem to you I am none of those things. You seem to find it impossible to hold a conversation without labelling those you see as the opposition in some negative way.

It does not matter what forum this is in, the subject is there for discussion. And unsurprisingly  you provide no answer to the questions I raised as why should a company especially an Indie (Pantheon in mind, though I don't think OP was pointing at them for his post) should spend resources on what You Tube does for free?

Have I said "don't suggest anything for him!", have I said "ban this thread it does not conform to my standards!". No, but I will point out my surprise this could be an issue for anyone. I have not read the entire thread, but I assume there have been some good suggestions there, if so good luck to SererphinX in any he tries.
    Post edited by Scot on
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Some instances, I just blend in with the blob of dps and hope nothing bad happens to me. :)
    Scot
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • drsinisterdrsinister Member UncommonPosts: 42
    danwest58 said:
    Mendel said:
    I'm not sure that it's a function of the game that causes this.  I think it is the community.  Players are intolerant of others who do not 'know' the encounter/camp/dungeon/raid, and there's little incentive to teach others.  Teaching takes away from our own accomplishments/play time/etc.  I just don't see people becoming more friendly and tolerant.  If anything, people are becoming more and more self-centered.  It may be a society-level trend that's showing up in games.

Nope.   It 100% the fault of these games not of players who are intolerant.  Watch my video above.  It explains why todays MMORPGS suck and why people Pre WOW were much better and communities of players were way better.   Its because shit took time and you were not a one man god army.  You needed to play with other people or you didnt go anywhere.   
    Yeah that is what I missed about the old days of EQ.  You could solo level but it took forever.  It was better to find a group and plop the party in a spot and pull the mobs you need back to your group and level.  FFXI did this too in its early years.  You do not see this type of leveling as much anymore in MMORPGs today. 

Pretty much its just solo to max level then run the Dungeons to get gear so that you can then raid for better gear.  Oh yeah another thing I loved about EQ early years was that you did not have to be max level to raid in the Planes, I remember raiding when I was only level 52 (max was level 60), hell, I did a lot of content at level 54 when I quit before Planes of Power.