Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best free PvP mmorpg?

Hi all..i wanted to know if there is a free and active(means i don't look for games like shadowbane that are dieing or have no community)mmorpg around that includes PvP?
I'm looking for a free to play and free to download..

Comments

• djnexusdjnexus Member Posts: 677
    Get guild wars if you can, no montly fee amd the games only 39$ now at EB games I believe excellent game, but if your looking for totally free id check out Anarchy Online, Ultima Online Free Shard, or Lineage 2 Free Shard...

• JoeStarrJoeStarr Member Posts: 4
    others then those?..and yes..looking for totally free
  • HawkaronHawkaron Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Well, you'll most likely get a reply with Guild Wars in it, and it sure is the best PvP (MM)ORPG out for the moment.

This is the best signature ever. Well, it is really up to you to decide. :x

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    is 40$ really that much..?
  • SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

The only free MMO's you are gonna find are either outdated and/or limited, have very little support, are illegal, or no longer have enough players to actually be playable. Guild Wars is not free, you still need to buy the actual game, which as stated above is only $30-40 now, or you can get Factions which just came out a few days ago for $50. But after that, thats it, there is no monthly charge, so it is free, but to an extent, as in no monthly charge. If you want a good game your gonna have to spend money, thats common sense.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461
    Try Starport: Galactic Empires

It's all about PvP and very addictive, and free.

Mail/PM me for more info and/or check the game out in Wikipedia.

• AguyAguy Member Posts: 561
    Hmm...well I'd have to say runescape since you can play absolutly free. Only bad part is if you are playing free-to-play instead of paying the $5 a month thing and youre facing a low lvl they call you a noob.
  • HawkaronHawkaron Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Runescape is OK for being free, but I would absolutly not play that game. PvP? Is that thing even existant in that game?

Well, the best free MMORPG with decent PvP for the moment is Anarchy Online. It's mostly PvE based, but the PvP in it can also be pretty cool of what I've seen.

This is the best signature ever. Well, it is really up to you to decide. :x

• XpheyelXpheyel Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 704

Actually RS has a pretty harsh death penalty, all but your three highest shop value items. If you attack someone, I don't think you even get that. The only way to mitigate the penalty is to use a Prayer (like magic in other games) that'll let you keep an extra item. They use a system where the further you are from the civilized lands to the south, the wider the level range for PVP is. Its called the Wilderness. So theoretically there is lewt to be had.

Shadowbane is free now, I've been playing around with it. I'd probably like it a lot if it weren't for the interface, which is enough to make grown men flee in terror. As, like RuneScape, its all point-and-click for movement and the first-person camera seems to be independent of what way your avatar is moving. The visuals are actually kind of neat zoomed up but you have to spend so much time in a floaty birds-eye you can't really appreciate the creepy ambiance. It has more Windows than downtown New York.

Also if you've played AO or a game with a relatively complex skill system like it, SB's set up feels like a gimp factory. Apparently there is a way to respec later on but it doesn't really make me feel better when I'm agonizing over how to spend my attribute points each level. Also, when you start up, you can use points that you'd otherwise put into attributes to get background traits, as far as I know you can't get rid of those. You can have up to 10 of these "Runes", two of which are your race and base profession. Later on in the game you can get more that give you special profession-dependent powers.

In Anarchy Online you can PVP, the problem is it mostly revolves around duels and tower wars at low levels, which means you need a high level toon to transfer money from to make yourself twinked out enough to compete. ::::15:: Later on there are supposed to be big fights in the Tarasque raids (Tarasque is this big mean bio-engineered Dragon in a PVP zone who drops "phats").

• yangachiyangachi Member Posts: 6
    Best PvP MMOG i'd say is Space Cowboy Online.  This game is based off PvP and is an awesome MMOFPS space shooter.  It comes out later this month, and is gonna be really sweet.  Here's a video, see for yourself http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7753952584198055409

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Originally posted by yangachi
    Best PvP MMOG i'd say is Space Cowboy Online. This game is based off PvP and is an awesome MMOFPS space shooter. It comes out later this month, and is gonna be really sweet. Here's a video, see for yourself http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7753952584198055409

I'm willing to bet that's just a beta game. It looks too good to be free.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • yangachiyangachi Member Posts: 6
    Nope, it's gonna be free according to their FAQ
    http://sco.gpotato.com/sub/supporter/faq.php

• MadAceMadAce Member Posts: 2,461
    Looks cool, I will certainly check it out. Tho I very much doubt it will be the best free mmo.

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Originally posted by yangachi
    Nope, it's gonna be free according to their FAQhttp://sco.gpotato.com/sub/supporter/faq.php

Will this game be FREE forever?

Yes. Yes. Yes. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

They will find a way to get money. Nobody creates a game like that and just gives it away. Sadly, those ways are always worse than P2P.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • XtromassXtromass Member Posts: 662

Originally posted by JoeStarr
    others then those?..and yes..looking for totally free

you must be really low on money if you can't even buy the game in the store O_o