Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronicles of Elyria Backers to Participate in Map Voting - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageChronicles of Elyria Backers to Participate in Map Voting - MMORPG.com

The Chronicles of Elyria site has been updated with a post to inform backers who have claimed an Elyrian package or higher that they will be selecting each server's starter continent. Voting will take place over two rounds. Round 1 will allow players to choose the top five maps out of a pool of twenty. Round 2 will see players select which of the five will "contain the starting continent" map.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275
    This will be interesting, each server having a different map. I like that idea. Think if other MMO´s did that!
    RofusEUbcbully
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984

daarco said:

This will be interesting, each server having a different map. I like that idea. Think if other MMO´s did that!

There is a reason other games don’t do that. I guess on the plus side it will give Caspien another excuse to delay the game.
    Axllow18AlomarKyleranGaladournAsm0deusjonp200

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400

daarco said:

There is a reason other games don’t do that. I guess on the plus side it will give Caspien another excuse to delay the game.

Now Slap, we both know that the devs of CoE have never done something that might exponentially increase their workload for little to no gain. I think you are just being a hater.
    DakeruSlapshot1188KyleranAsm0deusanemo
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Good news is a month from now SBS will finally be able to start on creating the map, I mean the 4 maps, for a game that was supposed to be released 10 months ago. Who knows, this time next year maybe they'll start on domain selection?! 
    OzmodanGaladourn
    --------------------------------------------
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    What would Ghettomaster do?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    This is really stupid.  Just make different servers different maps.  Rather hard for people to select maps on a nonexistent game.  The devs should focus on getting a working game to the public because I still do not think this game will ever make it to release.
    Slapshot1188Wellspring[Deleted User]Galadourn
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    What happens when they merge down to one server due to low pop?
    WellspringGaladournjonp200
    Like everything else... they vote based on who spent the most money.

KyleranGaladourn

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2018
    Good news is a month from now SBS will finally be able to start coming up with excuses as to why they didnt start creating the map, I mean the 4 maps, for a game that was supposed to never exist. Who knows, this time next year maybe they'll start on domain selection?! 
    Fixed it for you.
    WellspringGaladourn[Deleted User]
  • RofusEURofusEU Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I like the idea of community involvement in development so I'm ready to give them the chance to try something new
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]bcbullymystichaze
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited October 2018

daarco said:

It will take the entire team to debug each individual world.  As I understand it, they're using procedural generation to help build them... I don't see those world's coming out relatively glitch free.

Then, if a glitch provides an exploit players can use to farm or kill other players, the devs have a server-specific, high-priority bug to fix that the rest of the servers couldn't care less about.

These guys have done everything they can to minimize any chance they'll actually release a successful product.
    Slapshot1188KyleranMendeljonp200bcbully

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    RofusEU said:
    I like the idea of community involvement in development so I'm ready to give them the chance to try something new
    I'm willing to give them a chance, just not my money.

;)
    Slapshot1188MendelStrizzy12Gobstopper3D

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• xion12121xion12121 Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Crowfall , COE and other kickstarter games are still in development. They each stated a guess of 2 years, but everyone knows MMO's take at least 5 years. As for what the kickstarters stated they are protected because they stated "Estimated December 2018" launch. They didn't flat out say will launch.
    Slapshot1188

I would give you a guest pass to SWOTR, but then I wouldn't be able to find a way to live with myself afterwards....

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    But Crowfall has an actual game to show...
  • BcudaBcuda Member UncommonPosts: 164

xion12121 said:

Crowfall , COE and other kickstarter games are still in development. They each stated a guess of 2 years, but everyone knows MMO's take at least 5 years. As for what the kickstarters stated they are protected because they stated "Estimated December 2018" launch. They didn't flat out say will launch.

Tell that to the folks behind Star citizen! they have a 10 to 15 year plan just for their weekly 20 to 60 minute pod cast. That game will never come out... Not in my life time that is!
    Kyleran
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I highly doubt that will ever be a problem. Becasue the server population will never reach higher than 0. (Due to not having any servers online running a game called COE)
    Galadourn said:
    And to play/test.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

lahnmir said:
    Galadourn said:
    And to play/test.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    And releasing in only...18 more months.

;)
    lahnmir

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:
    Galadourn said:
    And to play/test.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

;)
    Hahaha. Although they are rapidly making progress (the only current thing I can compare it to is SC since I got that in pre alpha as well. And that is taking its sweet, sweet time, like a snail on glue) I would be very pleasantly surprised if they launched within the next 18 months. Not impossible but definitely a challenge. Still enjoying it when I log in every now and then, its coming together nicely.

Unfortunately Crowfall hasn’t got Ghettomaster, else it would have been finished by now. Every EA game needs its own Ghettomaster.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleran

• milayskymilaysky Member UncommonPosts: 39
    so this progress on COE: update/website/post ( a POST .. a post???? ) ..if you gave them money, u can vote on a map
    ..is there a set of knives and a audio tape, you can listen on your travels, to go with it?
    ( they aiming for a playerbase full of imbecils??? )
  • WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    edited October 2018
    lahnmir said:
    Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:
    Galadourn said:
    And to play/test.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

;)
    Hahaha. Although they are rapidly making progress (the only current thing I can compare it to is SC since I got that in pre alpha as well. And that is taking its sweet, sweet time, like a snail on glue) I would be very pleasantly surprised if they launched within the next 18 months. Not impossible but definitely a challenge. Still enjoying it when I log in every now and then, its coming together nicely.

Unfortunately Crowfall hasn’t got Ghettomaster, else it would have been finished by now. Every EA game needs its own Ghettomaster.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Crowfall has received millions from private investors, which is something CoE has been unable to do. 

Crowfall doesn't need a Ghettomaster, actually no game needs a P2W whale like that. CoE needs investors. 
    Kyleran
    --------------------------------------------
    Wellspring said:7
    lahnmir said:
    Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:
    Galadourn said:
    And to play/test.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Crowfall has received millions from private investors, which is something CoE has been unable to do. 

Crowfall doesn't need a Ghettomaster, actually no game needs a P2W whale like that. CoE needs investors. 
    Games with real progress generally can find investors, CF, CU and Pantheon are some.

Same might happen for COE once they have something solid to show for it.

Kyleran said:
    Wellspring said:7
    lahnmir said:
    Kyleran said:
    lahnmir said:
    Galadourn said:
    And to play/test.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

;)

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Games with real progress generally can find investors, CF, CU and Pantheon are some.

Same might happen for COE once they have something solid to show for it.
    Investors want a return on capital.   Caspien has to prove not only that the game will launch, but that it will make money.  Enough money for an investor to get a good ROI.

Kyleran