Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Zenimax Job Posting Hints at an MMO in Development Based On an 'Exciting New IP' - MMORPG.com News

2»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    iixviiiix said:
    cyber punk ? something with flying cars and laser gun and sword ?
    nope. :)
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I imagine it's going to be their take on a Destiny, or.... Whoa, I just had to go look up what EA was calling Anthem, gee that doesn't bode well. Anyway it will probably be that type of game rather than a true Mmorpg.
    That would be weird. That type of game is much more in Bethesda's wheelhouse than ZOS' and Todd Howard doesn't strike me as a sharing kind of guy.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MowzerMowzer Member UncommonPosts: 78
    A couple of things to note.
    Zenimax Online Studios is a seperate entity to Bethesda, with its own crew, managment etc.
    The term MMO is so broad now, its hard to pin what this project is.

As for my guess what this may be? NFI :P
    Kyleran
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Nyctelios said:

Nyctelios said:

My guess is something sci fi or modern day.

starlink?

I think you ment Starfield. Starlink is a ubisoft game. :D Whatever it is, hopefully it is sci fi. There hasn't been a good sci fi mmorpg sense Anarchy Online (IMHO). Correct me if I'm wrong, Starfield is being made by Bethesda and not Zenimax so it would have to be something Zenimax them selves are working on.
    You are right, apologies. I meant Starfield.
    No problems lol, and the face was supposed to be a smiley face not the "mocking face" 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Nyctelios said:

Nyctelios said:

starlink?

I think you ment Starfield. Starlink is a ubisoft game. :D Whatever it is, hopefully it is sci fi. There hasn't been a good sci fi mmorpg sense Anarchy Online (IMHO). Correct me if I'm wrong, Starfield is being made by Bethesda and not Zenimax so it would have to be something Zenimax them selves are working on.
    You are right, apologies. I meant Starfield.
    No problems lol, and the face was supposed to be a smiley face not the "mocking face" 
    Wait....this is the "mocking" face?   :D 

I think I just found my new signature.
    Cyber_wasteland

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Elidien said:
    I think Starfield is the answer. So little info about it this summer and its a new IP.
    Bethesda is developing Starfield, not ZOS.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

edited October 2018
    Nyctelios said:

Iselin said:
    Elidien said:
    I think Starfield is the answer. So little info about it this summer and its a new IP.
    Zenimax owns both.
    You guys just seem to have a hard time keeping the two Zenimax straight lol.

So once again....

Zenimax Media Inc. is the parent corporation that has several studios including Bethesda, ID, Arkane and many others as well as the apparently confusingly named Zenimax Online Studios (ZOS) which is the studio with this ad that this thread is about.

Saying that this could be about Starfield which is a game Bethesda studios is making, makes as much sense as seeing an ad for ID software and saying that is about Starfield.

https://www.zenimax.com/studios

MadFrenchie[Deleted User]

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Nyctelios said:
    Iselin said:
    Nyctelios said:

Iselin said:
    Elidien said:
    Zenimax owns both.
    You guys just seem to have a hard time keeping the two Zenimax straight lol.

So once again....

Zenimax Media Inc. is the parent corporation that has several studios including Bethesda, ID, Arkane and many others as well as the apparently confusingly named Zenimax Online Studios (ZOS) which is the studio with this ad that this thread is about.

Saying that this could be about Starfield which is a game Bethesda studios is making, makes as much sense as seeing an ad for ID software and saying that is about Starfield.

https://www.zenimax.com/studios

Zenimax owns Zenimax Online Studio and Bethesda. Where did I said differently?

I did not said ZoS owns Bethesda. I said Zenimax owns both. You are the one having a hard time keeping the two straigh "lol".
    You're not the one who said this ZOS ad is for Starfield, the game Bethesda is making? My mistake then.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Nyctelios said:

starlink?

I thought Starfield as well. Thanks for clearing that up.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/