Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is ArcheAge?

Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
I've been trying to find another MMO that I can call "home" since I quit WoW back during Legion.. However I just don't know where to go. I've tried SWTor, GW2, Rift, FF14, BDO, you name it.. Archeage is one game I have yet to play. I was wondering for someone who is casual is it worth trying to get involved? My other option is Bless but reading the reviews we'll see how that goes. 

What I'm basically going after is:

Is it fun to play?
Why do you play it?
Am I forced to spend $$$ just to be keep up?
How is the population? 

Thanks!

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I've been trying to find another MMO that I can call "home" since I quit WoW back during Legion.. However I just don't know where to go. I've tried SWTor, GW2, Rift, FF14, BDO, you name it.. Archeage is one game I have yet to play. I was wondering for someone who is casual is it worth trying to get involved? My other option is Bless but reading the reviews we'll see how that goes. 

Is it fun to play?
    Why do you play it?
    How is the population? 

Thanks!
    1) Yes
    2) I dont much anymore
    3) If you like your progression being a slot machine, then yes money will matter
    4) Currently under 100 ppl logged in via steam.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    edited October 2018
    Albatroes said:

Is it fun to play?
    Why do you play it?
    How is the population? 

Thanks!
    1) Yes
    2) I dont much anymore
    3) If you like your progression being a slot machine, then yes money will matter
    First, most people don't play Via steam. Second aren't the servers in NA / EU currently down because of the 5.0 update / server merges going on? Which once they are back up the population will jump quite a bit. 
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Albatroes said:

Is it fun to play?
    Why do you play it?
    How is the population? 

Thanks!
    1) Yes
    2) I dont much anymore
    First, most people don't play Via steam. Second aren't the servers in NA / EU currently down because of the 5.0 update / server merges going on? Which once they are back up the population will jump quite a bit. 
    if they don't make a new start over server so milk more the game

for the op

1) no anymore

2)I was hoping for a good pvp/ open world combat, with crafted gear being the best you can get, now is just another money grab/keep doing dungeon for gear sh!t

3) yes, since they made several changes to force you to pay you will be forced to pay, even more if
    you want land, but since they keep merging servers and letting bots take lands on each reset even that is a moot point by now

4) not many, but I bet the ones still playing are the ones who spend so much money they just can't quit, and bot users
    d_20
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Albatroes said:

Is it fun to play?
    Why do you play it?
    How is the population? 

Thanks!
    1) Yes
    2) I dont much anymore
    I guess I should play more. Yeah they are currently having a 2 day maintenance....sounds good.
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Thank you all for the replies. Is it really that bad far as population wise? 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Its a P2W shithole , avoid till they open the Sub only Cosmetic Cashhop only sever
    kitaradd_20
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Scorchien said:
    Its a P2W shithole , avoid till they open the Sub only Cosmetic Cashhop only sever
    with then will delve on selling others things too since they are just milking mode now
    d_20
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    The combat and class system are really fun. Open world p2w pvp killed the game from the start. 
    kitarad
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    look at wild star is dead because it is not p2w and they can't make more content. Archeage is already far from old version. For those people complain AA is p2w, just grind mobs in Auroria for 4 months in this new patch and tell me the gear you got.
  • NovuhzNovuhz Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Heavy P2W game, avoid it at all costs.
    d_20
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited October 2018
    look at wild star is dead because it is not p2w and they can't make more content. Archeage is already far from old version. For those people complain AA is p2w, just grind mobs in Auroria for 4 months in this new patch and tell me the gear you got.
    "Too much, to little to ever start again....."

Great comedy though "just grind mobs in Auroria for 4 months"

Are you sure you understand what fun is?

(I actually don't,  but grinding for four months doesnt seem to appeal to many)

:D 

d_20

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    Was the absolute most awesome MMO I have ever played.....up until they went full on cash grab on us. 
    Kylerand_20
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    Damn.. Really that bad? Was hoping to give it a chance but if it's P2W or just not doing well.. Not sure if I wanna put time into it. Ahh finding another MMO to play is going to be fun. 
  • PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    You might want to check out the private server. It's infinitely better than the official server.

Truvidien88
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Damn.. Really that bad? Was hoping to give it a chance but if it's P2W or just not doing well.. Not sure if I wanna put time into it. Ahh finding another MMO to play is going to be fun. 
    Actually there is a private server called ArcheRage it's the patch before they put in all the p2w stuff. 
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    That might make it tolerable if the pve grinding was tolerable, and it wasnt for 4 months.  Their high end pve sucks balls, worst I have almost ever seen.  Even if you could handle 4 months,  more if u are casual, you are lying if you're saying you can match the top tier people that pay.  They'll always have 10% on you and that 10% hurts more than 10% sounds like it should.
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    Actually there is a private server called ArcheRage it's the patch before they put in all the p2w stuff. 
    if it's a private server why would it matter if its "before the p2w".  If they don't sell it then all they are doing is cutting out content.  And for the record, it was p2w from day one, it's just that it got even worse.
  • ramdyramdy Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Since I can't find either a proper mmorpg to call it home, I moved to Path Of Exile which I found to be really cool.
    ramdy said:
    Since I can't find either a proper mmorpg to call it home, I moved to Path Of Exile which I found to be really cool.
    Is the game good with multiplayer? I only see people playing solo majority of the time. 
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

Is it fun to play?
    Why do you play it?
    How is the population? 

Thanks!
    As someone who played at launch quit and then returned when they relaunched fresh servers awhile ago ill answer your questions.

Is it fun to play?  As a PVE player it was amazing up until lvl 30 or so when you are thrown into forced PVP which is when I quit, AracheAge is a PVP game but begins as a amazing PVE game.

Why do you play it?
    I quit for a second time because im not a PVP first kind of player. 

Am I forced to spend $$$ just to be keep up? From what i remember yes you will need to spend money to compete

How is the population?  On the restart server 5 or 6 months ago it was packed can't answer that question now though
    Truvidien88
    • Aloha Mr Hand !