Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - The Community Hub

Comments

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    NorseGod said:
    Babuinix said:

NorseGod said:

TLDR

After 6+ years and $200M+, our questions need to be answered with in-game demos, not more links to bulletpoints. THAT is where our concern is coming from.
    I already told you that your frustration or "concerns" about development time are based on ignorance, you and many here are in AngryGamer mode. 

Instead of venting maybe try to understand the "why".  Read about other games in development from massive proven studios with a bigger budget and man-force than CIG while being not even close to the scale, scope and complexity of Star Citizen&Squadron42.

No. This kind of response is exactly what I and others are talking about.

This namecalling crap you constantly do. And your unfounded condescending.

I just TOLD YOU who this community is and what it's about.

Stop lecturing everybody about being ignorant on game development. This is simply not true. It's irrational to dismiss everyone as liars, trolls, and noobs to development. You're saying this to a gaming community, hello? It's BECAUSE of our experience with game development, is why we raise questions, not lack there of. Do you understand?

What you're saying is not even an argument. Certainly doesn't answer questions or concerns.

Your job would be much easier if you replied to people with acknowledgment of the problem AND a solution. No more links to excuses and bulletpoints. It's been over 6 years now. Time to post those in-game demos.

And look, you're not going to convince anybody that CIG is struggling because they only have $200m+ and 500 staff. WHO are you kidding?

You are also not going to convince anybody that things such as, doors not opening, is because the scale and scope is so complex. Bullshit.

Scope has nothing to do with CIG's problems. They follow the same Industry Standards and Best Practices as the guy who programmed the cash register at my local supermarket.

I was willing to give you a chance to be reasonable. Maybe see where the rest of us is coming from. But, you just demonstrated that you have NO INTENTION to treat the community with any respect at all and you're just here to cause drama where there is none.

You would have less damage control and fires to put out if you would just be cool to the community and offer solutions instead of insults and excuses.

The absolute terrifying part of all of this is, SC has been in development for over 6 years with no end in sight. And the community has to put up with you for that remaining time (6 more years? 10?).

Nothing you say, when you engage the community, has been constructive or adds value. Maybe you should stick with spamming HD screenshot thread. Because at this point in development, that's all you have to offer, pretty graphics.

I wish I could just laugh at you, but your attacks on the community is turning people off about Star Citizen and I wish you would stop. It's not just here either, it's across the internet.
    Haven't you seen? He read a book and a website. Don't try to take away his go to armchair dev argument. HE READ A BOOK! 

Not sure what we should define as an armchair dev, but reading a book then screaming from on high that nobody else understands game development if they haven't and all dissension is based on ignorance is probably a good start.

Also, just in case others show up... 

Definition of hyperbole 

: extravagant exaggeration (such as "mile-high ice-cream cones")

(Notice that it does not mention anything regarding negative opinions only. Glass spacestations, throwing stones, and all that. Mile-high ice-cream cones would be pretty positive.)

Every time I consider buying the base package for this game, the pro side makes me reconsider. If not because of the same dismissive responses to everything not positive, then for the fact that almost every argument made for it is speculative and forward looking. When talking to NPCs and buying items from them are on a bulletpoint list of features, consider me underwhelmed. I'll sit outside and let the chefs have the kitchen a bit longer.

NorseGodOdeezee
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited October 2018
    Anyone who has a problem with Star Citizen  development should stay far far away from it. I know it's a hard thing to do when it's your dreamgame but it's the best for everyone.  B)

Have fun.
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    PhaserlightOdeezee
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Lots of speculation amongst backers if there will be something special as the Star Citizen crowdfunding hits 200 million.

For sure a "Letter from the Director".

Some think it will be a kind of "Warbond" item again.

Some think that the player that hits exactly the 200 mil sweet spot will get a (not too small) free pledge ship.

Others believe that it will be a decorative item to display in the hangar (like the subscriber flair items).  --> That would be my guess.

A special title for your forum avatar has been mentioned.

A special ship skin is high on the list too.

It could also be a special announcement as some people speculate (like a Squadron 42 official release date).

Do you think something will be given to the backers as the Star Citizen project hits 200 million ?

Have fun
    edited January 2019
    Star Citizen in "Red Bull Magazine" ... again.

Have fun

PS:
    Seems there will be a whole series of videos about different gaming studios

Post edited by Erillion on

CIG was asked if one can expect Star Citizen on Google Stadia.

Tony Zuvorec answered that they do not plan this at the moment, but will take a look at Stadia (especially the performance and streaming rates under real conditions), assess it and then decide if this is a viable option.

Have fun

Over 2.3 million Star Citizens these days
    (Status:3rd May 2019: 2.306.901 Star Citizens)

Not bad ;-)

Have fun
    Darn, what hardware are people using to have CPU scores of 350+ and GPU scores of 650+ (even more than on this screenshot) to run SC with >70 fps on maximum 4K settings ?!  These pictures are from the "Telemetry" section of the SC webpage, and the quoted numbers are from today (with "Display Outlying Data" activated).

Have fun
    If you shoot down enough pirates in Arena Commander (Pirate Aggressor badge earned), you can now fly the Drake "Caterpillar"

".... Drake Interplanetary has made the pirate-liveried Caterpillars available to all ye multiplayer Arena Commander privateers who have blasted enough buccaneers to have earned the Pirate Aggressor badge.

Well, what are ye waitin’ for, ye scurvy swabs? Ready the guns and set a course to slay some scallywags. Give no quarter, take no prisoners."

Have fun

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    This is one of those great moments that can just happen just by the mere openess of the mechanics:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/drtlxl/catched_a_bounty_guy_mid_flight_while_he_was/

So for context the guy found a player with a bounty EVA'ing back to his ship on space, he opens his cargo door and lines up the ship so he locks the player inside his cargo bay, then kills him :D 
    Erillion
    Lets get ready to ruuuuuumble ....

Manchester, Saturday 23rd 2019

Have fun

The citizencon entrance, LG, AMD, Corsair and another company are the official sponsors.
    Erillion

Insane Christmas tree made of Hammerhead's capital ships lol 
    BabuinixErillion
    edited December 2019
    Star Citizen in "Newsweek".

I like one of the comments:
    "...This game gonna push the boundaries of gaming industries with all the techs and contents being created."

Have fun

The Community is busy ;-)

Have fun

I wish you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Have fun
    Amathe
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Erillion said:
    I wish you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Have fun
    You too, and to all the other folks here as well. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Happy Holidays everyone!
    Holiday Promotion 2018

Erillion

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Happy Holidays to all of you!

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Merry Bacon Christmas!

Surrender now, you can't trump my Christmas.
    Erillion
    Made me chuckle ;-)  (including being able to laugh about Star Citizen myself)

When will we see "Line of Defense" again? ........ "It’ll be at the same point where people stop funding Star Citizen’s alpha client in 2342."  And the author seems to know that "Ole Smarty" has most probably a Google Alert running to notify him whenever his name is mentioned.

Look at Number 3:

Have fun

Omaligervaise1

Have fun

gervaise1
    New World Generation video

Have fun

Babuinix
    edited February 2020
    For those who want to trade in SC (Alpha), you may want to use this website

(Status: SC Alpha  3.8 and higher)

Two recommended routes:

Scrap  from Levski to CRU_L5   (for beginners)

Titanium from Arial to Lorville  (if you have a few tenthousand aUEC)

Rent a larger transport ship as soon as you can afford it.

NEVER use ALL your money for buying trade goods. You might lose your ship in combat and with it the trade goods.

Have fun

Mining in Star Citizen Alpha

Have fun

Happy Easter !

Have fun